Multiplat L.A. Noire

This is quite incredible to watch

Basic gist, women make squawking noises, men speak gibberish, Cole sneezes.

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool, Storm.
I didn't mind it, but the map was a bit of a waste, no real incentive or opportunity to explore it and i think at the end i'd be lucky if i covered 1/4th of it. Bit repetative too, can only play for so long before putting it down. Not something you can play for hours on end.

Mantastic

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man City, Cleveland Browns
Yeah the game is one of the greatest cases os wastest potential in videogame history. Massively disappointing, yet it has one of the most incredible, absolutely pointless game worlds.

Yeah bought this game with huge hopes too. Got to the bit where I got demoted to Arson and realized my hopes would not be met. Never finished the game. Also, * Phelps, what a piece of s**t of a character to play.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
The biggest problem with the game was that it felt like you were playing a GTA game, but as a GTA game it failed miserably. It appealed to the wrong audience.

I got through the game and enjoyed bits and pieces of it, but it was certainly a waste of a game that could've been much better than it was. Very repetitive, too.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Only just bought and finished the game. I liked Phelps, not sure why so many dislike him.

Thought the game was good, actually better than I expected after reading through this thread a couple of years ago (which is what convinced me not to originally buy it)

Yeah the game is good not great only thing I had issue with was it didn't let you do your own investigating rather the AI did it for you, all I had to do was walk around a bit make my controller vibrate and soon I had a clue, kind off took the fun out of being a detective, oh and cole was a utensil hated him.

I made sure that the first time I played through I didn't use the vibration hint. It feels a bit more real without the hints.

If there is a reason I hate Cole, it is mainly because your partners are a hell of a lot more interesting than Cole. Cole is bland, with barely any character traits other than being a workaholic.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
I made sure that the first time I played through I didn't use the vibration hint. It feels a bit more real without the hints.
If there is a reason I hate Cole, it is mainly because your partners are a hell of a lot more interesting than Cole. Cole is bland, with barely any character traits other than being a workaholic.

Didn't realise there was an option to turn it off, must have missed it at the start, the game wasn't mine anyway I borrowed it of a mate and just breezed through it before I had to give it back. Didn't do any of the collectible stuff either.

West Coast Weasel

Club Legend
Jan 25, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Seattle Sonics/OKC Thunder
I could never work out the facial cues for this game. In the end, I pulled out a walk through and just treated it like some sort of interactive movie. If I want some crime mystery, I'll stick with the Phoenix Wright games

SuperCats9

Norm Smith Medallist
Minecraft
Apr 16, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Manchester United
Best graphics iv ever seen in a game, and the plot and storyline seemed good but the way it played out was pathetic, way to repetitive, poor gameplay and Phelps was not an enjoyable character to play.

Back