L. Smith?

Remove this Banner Ad

CHF

Senior List
Dec 21, 2000
Melbourne, VIC
Not much talk about Lindsay Smith's performance in the magoos.
Obviously most of you guys didn't see the match.

From what I saw, his BOG performance puts him infront of Petrie and Burton as a ruck/forward option. Petrie is just not ready yet and I think Burton is a liability.
Burton is not our future and it is a waste playing him. I would be very suprised if doesn't get a run soon.

Considering our forward problems, Corey Jones must be a big chance to get a run aswell.

McLaren might also get a call up. He certainly couldn't do any worse than Sinclair or Rawlings. At least McLaren can kick the thing.

So my ins and outs for this week are:

in
Carey
Harvey
L.Smith
Jones
McLaren

out
Burton
Petrie
Motlop
Rawlings
Sinclair

The fact that S.Motlop arsed his way into a premiership team has carried him ever since, He has never looked the part.
Rawlings hasn't shown anything yet either, but we know Sinclair can play. Maybe Sinclair needs an attitude adjustment, or some kicking practice, don't know yet exactly, but he was a decent player at Fremantle, so I still expect him to come good. A spell in the twos wouldn't hurt though.
Burton is a key player against novice ruckmen like Doyle this weekend. He tears these blokes apart - obviously less so against semi-experienced guys like Keating last game.
L.Smith does seem the best option though. Being a very similar type of player to McKernan, they would be almost perfectly interchangeable out of a pocket or flank.

Originally posted by Cup_Half_Full:
in
Carey
Harvey
L.Smith
Jones
McLaren

out
Burton
Petrie
Motlop
Rawlings
Sinclair

I would give Rawlings a 10 game guarantee... it is this year or never... and I think he has it... just needs the ground time...

infact a few boys are in this position... Stewie Cochrane and Shannan Watt... so you give them some confidence...

and hope they repay you...

I was at the match C-H-F and I totally agree, give Lindsay a run this week!

Darky, you're right, he reminds me very much of Corey McKernan, but CMcK from a few years ago before he starred for us and then went downhill.

Rooboy, I disagree with you on Cochers and Watt, I think they are showing more this year now they have been given a run in the seniors than they ever could show in the 2nds. They will get better, I'm more sure of it than Leigh Colbert getting any better soon.

Originally posted by Malibu:
Rooboy, I disagree with you on Cochers and Watt, I think they are showing more this year now they have been given a run in the seniors than they ever could show in the 2nds. They will get better, I'm more sure of it than Leigh Colbert getting any better soon.

Mal... I think you may have misunderstood what I meant... as I was trying to say all three Rawlings Watt and Cochrane should be guaranteed the first 10 rounds in the senoirs... as I believe this year is their last chance... but they will be okay with a LITTLE CONFIDENCE and the knowledge that they are not playing for their spot... week in weel out...

Give Rawlings a break.

He had bugger all game time and when he did I thought he was more adequate than most of is teammates.
He is a player of the future as evidenced by the jobs he did in the last round of the Ansett Cup and the game against Freo.

He is thrice the player of Makepeace aand Cochrane.

Lindsay was outstanding on Saturday. It would be great to give him a go!
biggrin.gif
he deserves it!

------------------
KICK IT TO MARK!
KICK IT TO MARK!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back