L2 aisle 33 region v Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Some campaigner was lashing out at people, spitting etc.
I told the ******s to settle and two came at me. I kept them off (easy for me to do), pricks tried throwing a few, it then stopped when I had one pinned by the throat.
My main concern was the person I was with and those near us.

I am still pissed about it all.

Oh and the silly ******s loved screaming "chokers" up in NM fans faces - bloody brave they were!

Most of these types decline the offer to go for a walk to a place where there is no security or cameras.

I agree, but being an interstate member all my life I'm kind of use to being the odd one out. Pissed off countless Eagles fans at Subi using mates and families members tickets over the years!

There seems to be a lot of people here that would fit right in with the Crows members.
Ports banner last night:

fa82666e18602e29cb674239dffe458f

Are you a Member of Nmfc?

If you were/are you realise the cost of a Reserved Seat? ^ quoted $1200 for his seats for the Fam.

And the literature that the Club beats on about re the exclusiveness of the area every pre season?

When you leave your residence each day do you pick up a stick and place it in the mud?

Are you a Member of Nmfc?

If you were/are you realise the cost of a Reserved Seat? ^ quoted $1200 for his seats for the Fam.

And the literature that the Club beats on about re the exclusiveness of the area every pre season?

When you leave your residence each day do you pick up a stick and place it in the mud?
Yes, Yes, haven't paid any attention, no.

I'm a footy fan, love the banter of SANFL games with 2 crowds. Most of the Crows fans I know in Adelaide wont go to Port home showdowns because of the crowd!! Soft.

A mate and I use to be a members of the Eagles, just so we could go to the games each second week and barrack for the opposition. It was fun!

Quite a few pie supporters in the level 1, Aisle 36 to 37 area. A couple were sitting in the row normally reserved, as I understand it, for wheelchair/disabled people. Terrible people really, bagged us all night long. Pretty harmless but it is not what I expect to have to put up with when I just want to sit among our own supporters. Most weeks there are a few opposition supporters in our area, which is annoying but nothing that has got out of hand.

It would be good if the security people showed more of a presence and maybe moved a few on to other areas but I very much doubt if that will ever happen.

Yes, Yes, haven't paid any attention, no.

I'm a footy fan, love the banter of SANFL games with 2 crowds. Most of the Crows fans I know in Adelaide wont go to Port home showdowns because of the crowd!! Soft.

A mate and I use to be a members of the Eagles, just so we could go to the games each second week and barrack for the opposition. It was fun!

In Melbourne you pay GA and sit where you like. I do this and have done so for 40 years. Doesnt bother me.

Rare occasion i buy a Members seat.

But if you pay to be amongst North brethren then you should get what is advertised.

In Melbourne you pay GA and sit where you like. I do this and have done so for 40 years. Doesnt bother me.

Rare occasion i buy a Members seat.

But if you pay to be amongst North brethren then you should get what is advertised.

Got one North " brethren " behind us Gaso. Dirty11 may confirm. Doesn't guarantee you wont be sitting without an idiot behind you.

Got one North " brethren " behind us Gaso. Dirty11 may confirm. Doesn't guarantee you wont be sitting without an idiot behind you.

I learnt that v * a few years back and rhat Old Lady 'dont kick it backwardssssssss' reaffirmed why a North Reserved Seat will never be an option.

8 home games if that.

Nar.

It was a hell of a lot worse back in the days of standing like sardines packed in on the terraces of the suburban grounds. #noretreatnosurrender

Oh yeah.

I don't know how I managed to survive some of the treks to Vic Park, Moorabin & Windy Hill.:D

I sure do miss those days.

Oh yeah.

I don't know how I managed to survive some of the treks to Vic Park, Moorabin & Windy Hill.:D

Yesterday I was filling my old man in on crowd events from Saturday night (he hadn't attended) and he reeled off a dozen incidents from the old days where we'd been involved in heated exchanges, push and shoves, a couple of fist fights (started by oppo fans) and incidents like seeing a Pies fan urinate on the leg of a North supporter etc. Crap occured from time to time and banter was rife at most grounds. North fans always stuck up for each other and it was tribal.

The worst I recall was the atmosphere in the Vic Park outer after Jimmy Krakouer had decked Shane Kerrison (from memory). It was kill or be killed! As Aryan as I appear, dressed in my North gear I suddenly felt like I was Byron Pickett accidentally dropping into a KKK rally. It was on like Donkey Kong!

Thank God those days are over.

Yesterday I was filling my old man in on crowd events from Saturday night (he hadn't attended) and he reeled off a dozen incidents from the old days where we'd been involved in heated exchanges, push and shoves, a couple of fist fights (started by oppo fans) and incidents like seeing a Pies fan urinate on the leg of a North supporter etc. Crap occured from time to time and banter was rife at most grounds. North fans always stuck up for each other and it was tribal.

The worst I recall was the atmosphere in the Vic Park outer after Jimmy Krakouer had decked Shane Kerrison (from memory). It was kill or be killed! As Aryan as I appear, dressed in my North gear I suddenly felt like I was Byron Pickett accidentally dropping into a KKK rally. It was on like Donkey Kong!

Yes. The poor dad that was killed with a can flung to the back of the head at Princes Park finally woke the VFL up.

Its a pity it takes a tragedy to change things.

I just got off the phone after a lengthy and helpful chat with the Club's membership department which cleared up a few questions:

-they are fully aware of more than one incident on Saturday night, including the one that took place in our inmediate area which was witnissed by several club officials.
-they have received a lot of calls this morning in regards to the situation.
-due to the existing stadium deal (which is in its last year) they have no control over the resale of un-sold seating.
-they have no control over reserved seat members tickets who sell back their seats if they are not attending.
-currently as a club atm we have to buy every reserved seat that we have sold per match, hence why we make no money under the current deal which is in stark contrast to MCG tennents that are given areas and they are theirs to do as they please. We are pushing and believe this will be the case in the future with the AFL now owning Etihad.
-they are looking at getting attendants to police tickets on entry to aisles on level 2 as there is currently no way to stop other level 2 ticket holders to enter the area.
-there will most likely be slight changes to the membership packages with the new stadium agreement.
-They apolgised sincerely for the disruption to the night.

So it seems going forward the club will have a lot more control of their seating which is great, not only financially for the club but also to avoid situatuons like Saturday nights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God bless Jimmy. It's good he played in the 80s else we would have never seen the best of him.

I just got off the phone after a lengthy and helpful chat with the Club's membership department which cleared up a few questions:

-they are fully aware of more than one incident on Saturday night, including the one that took place in our inmediate area which was witnissed by several club officials.
-due to the existing stadium deal (which is in its last year) they have no control over the resale of un-sold seating.
-they have no control over reserved seat members tickets who sell back their seats if they are not attending.
-currently as a club atm we have to buy every reserved seat that we have sold per match, hence why we make no money under the current deal which is in stark contrast to MCG tennents that are given areas and they are theirs to do as they please. We are pushing and believe this will be the case in the future with the AFL now owning Etihad.
-they are looking at getting attendants to police tickets on entry to aisles on level 2 as there is currently no way to stop other level 2 ticket holders to enter the area.
-there will most likely be slight changes to the membership packages with the new stadium agreement.

So it seems going forward the club will have a lot more control of their seating which is great, not only financially for the club but also to avoid situatuons like Saturday nights.

They need to send out an email or something.

Sounds like a fair response to a difficult subject and question from a Member mate. Good to see the club is fully aware of it and determined to right that wrong in the future once able.

Did they also explain why they promoted that all players would be in the Victory Room after the match and then none turned up?

Under the scoreboard at VFL Park was like an unofficial octagon. My days in the outer and stadium lock ups are well and truly over with the footy being a family event for me nowadays.

Last edited:
Under the soreboard at VFL Park was like an unofficial octagon. My days in the outer and stadium lock ups are well and truly over with the footy being a family event for me nowadays.

That area was nuts.

In my opinion Saturday night was quite different from what I've experienced recently with supporters of the pies. The old days of pies supporters easily being the worst to contend with (*essendon supporters close on their heels) seems to have abated and in my recent experience, the Hawks have had the worst supporters. But while nowhere near like the old days of Victoria Park, Saturday night's pie turn out was a bit of a surprise. Perhaps our numbers were down and it was clear from very early on that we were not in the hunt to win the game and those two factors made the behaviour of the pies look worse.

Quite a few pie supporters in the level 1, Aisle 36 to 37 area. A couple were sitting in the row normally reserved, as I understand it, for wheelchair/disabled people. Terrible people really, bagged us all night long. Pretty harmless but it is not what I expect to have to put up with when I just want to sit among our own supporters. Most weeks there are a few opposition supporters in our area, which is annoying but nothing that has got out of hand.

It would be good if the security people showed more of a presence and maybe moved a few on to other areas but I very much doubt if that will ever happen.
Was standing right behind them two sure she did most of the bagging but he came up to ask us at half time about Brads contract status
Just a little simple them two

Oh yeah.

Same here, especially as in my early days a win was extremely rare. Even made the trek annually to Kardinia Park. Big day out that one. Always crowded too many of us into the one car and off to the Carlton Hotel for a counter lunch and onto the ground for the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back