La Liga

Remove this Banner Ad

Really pleased for Valencia and Sevilla. 4th and 5th. Hopefully Sevilla takes out the Europa League title, so we can see both clubs at it in the CL.

On another note... Wow, harsh for Eibar. They only needed Barca or Atletico to win if they won their match. Neither happens.

Probably one of the reasons why I dislike H2H as the main tiebreaker. You have to remember results against specific teams in order to determine results, and your direct rival can change over the season. When you play teams also have a direct impact on the season. It also allows teams to 'tank' against top teams just to focus on the 'big' games. Granada's 9-1 loss to Real was totally worth it, seeing how they had done enough to survive against the others. On a GD basis, Eibar should've survived. Yes, their 2nd half of the season was rubbish, but at least they kept it somewhat tight.

I mean, at least Granada played the system well, fair play to them and Depor for surviving. But it does really show the class difference between the top and the bottom.

On another note... Wow, harsh for Eibar. They only needed Barca or Atletico to win if they won their match. Neither happens.

Probably one of the reasons why I dislike H2H as the main tiebreaker. You have to remember results against specific teams in order to determine results, and your direct rival can change over the season. When you play teams also have a direct impact on the season. It also allows teams to 'tank' against top teams just to focus on the 'big' games. Granada's 9-1 loss to Real was totally worth it, seeing how they had done enough to survive against the others. On a GD basis, Eibar should've survived. Yes, their 2nd half of the season was rubbish, but at least they kept it somewhat tight.

I mean, at least Granada played the system well, fair play to them and Depor for surviving. But it does really show the class difference between the top and the bottom.

Agree. Goal Difference should be the first determinant, which means Granada should have been relegated. And Depor still survives.

Simple CDR win for Barca

In the Barcelona home ground as if Bilbao didn't have enough to deal with.

Routine win really. Routine brace of goals and MOTM for Messi. Routine fantastic solo goal.

Neymar, not for the first time, on the score sheet with a simple finish to a goal presented to him by Suarez.

Superstars look ordinary beside Messi.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back