Moved Thread La Nina is coming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agent

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
What a horrible year it's been and looks like the year from hell has another surprise coming its way in few weeks.
Not sure what impact this will have on rest of the AFL season and Finals and hub location but gonna be some wild weather happening and AFL will be in the middle of it.

Looks like Australia is set for a once every 5 year weather event called La Nina with a 70% predicted chance it will happen bringing flash flooding, cyclones and strong winds and Mosqitos disease all happening over next few weeks. Most likely AFL Grand Final will be in the middle of it given it's location and timing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

La Nina doesn't "attack" countries. It's not "coming". lol

It's simply a change in water temperatures where along the west coast of South America the surface ocean temperature goes from warm to cold. This change is then reciprocated in the north east of Australia where the surface ocean temperature changes from cool to warm. Warm water means more uprising of moist air which potentially means more cyclones and rain. Key word "potentially".

Tone down the drama OP. La Nina is a part of the natural cycles that Earth goes through. Smh. You may as well write for the daily mail.

Remember when weather used to be just an occurrence rather than, "as if we didn't have enough to deal with in this year from hell"? Yeah, me too.

Last edited:
incredible, 30% more rainfall over summer that happens every few years.

might as well have the Grand Final in a Brothel if its gonna be a Wet one.
Silly man. That's what the boys were doing at the strippers at 3AM

Checking out the venue before the big dance *no pun intended*

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Looking forward to it.
Just imagine Ch7 on Grand Final Day.

BT: WOWEE just look at that tropical cyclone Bruce. Have you EVER seen anything like it Bruce?

Dwayne Russell: Its dangerous out there. Hope they have a safe word.

Bruce: BT <pause> You just get the feeling kicking with the wind will be important today don't you?

Darcy: I think this Cat 4 cyclone is just great for the competition and for footy fans in general.

Richo: I think this weather definitely suits Richmond. You'd think they'd be favourites now.

Wayne Carey: it takes me back to the day out at Waverley when I played in a cyclone.... I might have kicked 6...

Daisy: I think this weather MIGHT have an effect on the scoring today, don't you think Hodgey?

Shut up, Daisy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's be serious for a second.

If we were seriously truly worried about the weather on grand final day, do you think the AFL would consider EVER having it in Melbourne ever again?

Loved how salty West Aussies were that we got the GF.

8.8mm for November so far and very little on the horizon for Melbourne. Not looking good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back