Labor MP accused of rorting union credit Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was really that the position still seems to be that he was a sole bad egg. Clearly that is not the case. Tere were all sorts of governance issues all through that place. Why isn't that the emphasis of the media storm? Why is it all aimed at one person? And Jane I can't believe that you aren't asking the same questions as a journalist.

The Title of the report is:

Investigation into the National Office of the Health Services Union under section 331 of the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009

It was not an investigation into Thomson alone. Far from it.

So we now wait for the police to lay charges & for the courts to make a judgement.
Oh Nodster - its way past that - Kathy Jackson did it ....no ....wait...Marco Balano did it ....no ...no ....wait ...Kathy Jacksons partner framed me .....

Its beyond the pale now.....and if he has lied in parliament - which Pyne will find out as quick as a flash - Thompsons position is completely untenable.

Time for the Indies to grow some plums and restore some dignity to the place.

Oh Nodster - its way past that - Kathy Jackson did it ....no ....wait...Marco Balano did it ....no ...no ....wait ...Kathy Jacksons partner framed me .....

Its beyond the pale now.....and if he has lied in parliament - which Pyne will find out as quick as a flash - Thompsons position is completely untenable.

Time for the Indies to grow some plums and restore some dignity to the place.

If he has misled parliament then there are grounds for a boot up the arse other than that let justice run it's course without all these hysterics of a blood lust orgy being shown by Libs BF groupies.

Do you believe him, Noddinsville ? Do you really truly believe him?
Or do you believe 1000 pages of FWA .....

\

And the FWA findings? What was the $1m spent on all that about? Another Gillard govt stuff up?

Wasn't you one of many on here who was damning FWA for taking too long & they were just a Gillard tool in a cover up & now you along with others seem to be proclaiming the FWA findings as part of the holy bible.

Do you believe him, Noddinsville ? Do you really truly believe him?
Or do you believe 1000 pages of FWA .....

\

So if we all do not believe him as seems most likely then we should just drag him & string him up, is that how it works Calamity?

You guys go ahead as that's what you have all been programmed for.

A finding is finding ...the fact that it took so long makes it no less so.
I don't think anyone was disputing the veracity pf the content - we didn't know the content.

So if we all do not believe him as seems most likely then we should just drag him & string him up, is that how it works Calamity?

The problem though Noddy ... in amongst all the presumed innocent crap ...is that in normal circumstances he could have stood aside - just as Slipper has done. The fact that he will be to blame if the govt falls is probably worse than hanging in there ....especially for him.

I have every sympathy for his family - but his actions are not helping them one bit. Smoke / fire .... just the way it is - and if positions were reversed it would be exactly the same.

Thing is - dont put yourself in that position.Simple really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem though Noddy ... in amongst all the presumed innocent crap ...is that in normal circumstances he could have stood aside - just as Slipper has done. The fact that he will be to blame if the govt falls is probably worse than hanging in there ....especially for him.

I have every sympathy for his family - but his actions are not helping them one bit. Smoke / fire .... just the way it is - and if positions were reversed it would be exactly the same.

Thing is - dont put yourself in that position.Simple really.

You cannot just suspend habeas corpus because you don't happen to like the government.

Is it possible you're confusing Windsor with Wilkie?

Not even remotely. Windsor has values I can really relate with, which was a surprising revelation for me, that I had so much in common with a rural ex-Nat MP.

Originally Posted by Hill2Pav No.

And I would prefer the Police investigate this matter rather than the FWA.

Investigation and findings were all about on union regulations, so the FWA was the body to invesitage in first instance.

Shoulda been referred to police much earlier and FWA shoulda made their evidence available.

I would also like union officials liable for the same prosecutions and remedies as do company directors under the Corporations Act.

Agree completely - old union culture in these matters inappropriate for 21st century, that's for sure.

The Title of the report is:

It was not an investigation into Thomson alone. Far from it.
Kimp is providing a great example of what Thomson's bullshit will get a small amount of traction from some people - they don't bother looking into it, just accept what Thomson says, no matter how rubbish it is.

Did Thommo try and blame Williamson for anything today?

I'd be proud if someone compared me to Tony Windsor. One of the few pollies in parliament I still respect.

My favourite part was when he said the FWA Report didn't change his stance... Which shouldn't be a surprise, considering he then admitting that he hadn't actually read it yet.

He's a moron.

If you said Wilkie, I'd agree with you; he's one of the very few, from any corner of politics, who has actually increased his standing during this whole pathetic saga.

You cannot just suspend habeas corpus because you don't happen to like the government.

They aren't seeking a criminal conviction.

The leg waving pile on is yuk - but, sadly, I think in this case the worse it gets for Thommo the more likely the labor movement will wake up to itself and start reforming/modernising again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back