Qld Labor's plan to rename everything

Remove this Banner Ad

timon-pumba.gif

Seems like a giant waste of money in financially difficult times just to impress a tiny fraction of the population who never appreciate the efforts anyway.

Why bother.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So are you guys still believing this OBVIOUS load of sh*t “story”?

The rumour started from Peter Gleeson on 4BC talkback radio. Yes, the same Peter Gleeson who had to leave his Newscorp media roles because he was blatantly plagiarising other journo’s articles:

Now what was Gleeson’s “evidence” (from news.Com)?:

4BC radio host and veteran journalist Peter Gleeson claimed that “my sources are telling me that the Palaszczuk government is working behind the scenes” on the change, adding there were “also suggestions that streets such as George Street, Queen Street, Anne Street, Edward Street might be renamed, and we may even see the statue of George V outside City Hall removed”.

“My sources”…..

So BS.

Obvious what’s going on. After K’Gari was renamed (read up about the liar and swindler Eliza Fraser, whom it was renamed after, who’s lies led to massacres against the indigenous population of K’Gari) right wingers know they can capitalise and fear monger about EVERYTHING being renamed. Fits in with the anti-Voice campaign. Gets Hanson riled up and on a tirade again.

Gleeson was put back into media because he’s like Tucker Carlson. He lies to give his audience the story they want to hear.

But we should be smarter than to fall for such nonsense. Even though Palaszcuk flat out denied it 4BC still have the “Labor planning on renaming Brisbane” story headline up.

Last edited:
So are you guys still believing this OBVIOUS load of sh*t “story”?

The rumour started from Peter Gleeson on 4BC talkback radio. Yes, the same Peter Gleeson who had to leave his Newscorp media roles because he was blatantly plagiarising other journo’s articles:

Now what was Gleeson’s “evidence” (from news.Com)?:

4BC radio host and veteran journalist Peter Gleeson claimed that “my sources are telling me that the Palaszczuk government is working behind the scenes” on the change, adding there were “also suggestions that streets such as George Street, Queen Street, Anne Street, Edward Street might be renamed, and we may even see the statue of George V outside City Hall removed”.

“My sources”…..

So BS.

Obvious what’s going on. After K’Gari was renamed (read up about the liar and swindler Eliza Fraser, whom it was renamed after, who’s lies led to massacres against the indigenous population of K’Gari) right wingers know they can capitalise and fear monger about EVERYTHING being renamed. Fits in with the anti-Voice campaign. Gets Hanson riled up and on a tirade again.

Gleeson was put back into media because he’s like Tucker Carlson. He lies to give his audience the story they want to hear.

But we should be smarter than to fall for such nonsense. Even though Palaszcuk flat out denied it 4BC still have the “Labor planning on renaming Brisbane” story headline up.
And herein lies the entire Sky News model - some idiot states something/anything - Sky report it as actual news.

The Murdoch network is its very own content creation machine. Endlessly and mindlessly going in circles with variations of the same basic themes.

And we are supposed to take it seriously.

They do run the country most of the time I guess

It looks like no one in this thread has?

From post 1 to post 18 only really post #7 questioned the validity of the story. Several comments said they support or are neutral on renaming Brisbane.

This is a great example of Murdoch shitf*ckery. You’ll have people on the left coming out saying renaming Brisbane is a good thing even though Palaszcuk never contemplated doing this.

It’s manufactured culture war nonsense against an ALP Premier on a day when a Liberal Premier has been confirmed to be corrupt.

From post 1 to post 18 only really post #7 questioned the validity of the story. Several comments said they support or are neutral on renaming Brisbane.

This is a great example of Murdoch shitf*ckery. You’ll have people on the left coming out saying renaming Brisbane is a good thing even though Palaszcuk never contemplated doing this.

It’s manufactured culture war nonsense against an ALP Premier on a day when a Liberal Premier has been confirmed to be corrupt.
That doesn't mean anyone took the story seriously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back