Recommitted Lachie Ash [re-signed until 2023]

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
I mean again it comes back to whether he wants to be around family and mates
There's nothing to suggest he' struggling away from VIC, or that he hasn't got good friends around the club. If he left, you'd assume it's motivated by cash

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
We most likely will have the #14 jumper free after this year, I wonder if he would like to play along side Balta,Vlastuin,Short,Grimes and Astbury

Who did the kid support growing up

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
We most likely will have the #14 jumper free after this year, I wonder if he would like to play along side Balta,Vlastuin,Short,Grimes and Astbury

Who did the kid support growing up
Nah, this is the beginning of time catching up to Richmond. They're on their way down so it'd be silly for Ash to go there.

His home is 2.5 hours from Melb.
Lachie Weller was from Tasmania with his whole family in Victoria and went home to the Gold Coast.

Money talks. Which clubs in Victoria would be after a half back with speed? All of them? Essendon would be interested I'm sure.

Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
i think in this time of covid it will be more prevalent amongst more to be closer to fam and friends within borders

Wouldnt have made a difference if he played for a Vic club last year. He was back on his parents farm during the season shutdown anyway. Country kid, grew up on a farm, his dad was a superstar country footballer. I dont see the type of kid that would think $$$ is the over-riding factor.

Wouldnt have made a difference if he played for a Vic club last year. He was back on his parents farm during the season shutdown anyway. Country kid, grew up on a farm, his dad was a superstar country footballer. I dont see the type of kid that would think $$$ is the over-riding factor.
yep and going forward maybe ease to the farm at any given time will take precedence over playing interstate

Back