Toast Lachie Fogarty - traded to Carlton

Status
Not open for further replies.

catamaran

Senior List
Aug 13, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
If it wasn't for Kelly, a mature recruit, we would be waxing lyrical about this kid. Injection of pace and forward pressure, I'm not sure how there isn't a toast thread for him yet.

Will be a star in the coming years.

Last edited:
Fair to say this thread will probably get a lot of visits thru the future...

Bloke can play and play it well.

Great work from him this year so far.

Go Catters

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
what I really like about Fogarty is he always seems to have a tiny bit more time than others around the contest and it allows him to use the ball correctly. Links up well and is ferocious around the ball.
I’m a big fan.

I’m so excited about Parfitt and Fog in 5 years time

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I’m so excited about Parfitt and Fog in 5 years time

Add Tim Kelly aswell. Building a solid young midfield team.
All 3 have what I said above too, time and ability to create space in tight and fantastic disposal out of a contest. Kelly in particular is just all class by foot.

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
I don’t get to go to many games.
Defiantly don’t get to go to any at home.
Went to Both the Hawks and Melbourne games.
Both times went to get a Fogarty badge and they didn’t sell them.

When I finally get to go to another game I’ll be even more annoyed now that they will all be sold out.

Love this kid, can’t wait to follow his AFL journey

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Its seems like we have recruited recently players who are happy to tackle and pressure. Probably not as silky as some others we have drafted but he looks very happy in heat for someone so young. He was compared to JSelwood last week , the way he can standup in a tackle... all in all .. avery promising start to his career.

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Its seems like we have recruited recently players who are happy to tackle and pressure. Probably not as silky as some others we have drafted but he looks very happy in heat for someone so young. He was compared to JSelwood last week , the way he can standup in a tackle... all in all .. avery promising start to his career.

Although I agree he isn't a finisher like Kelly, but he does have a very neat disposal out of congestion and has seemingly worked on his kicking depth.
I don't think he'll ever be considered "silky" but I reckon he will use it very well over his career.

catswhiskers

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2006
Far North East
AFL Club
Geelong
Although I agree he isn't a finisher like Kelly, but he does have a very neat disposal out of congestion and has seemingly worked on his kicking depth.
I don't think he'll ever be considered "silky" but I reckon he will use it very well over his career.

The thread is overdue. His work is done inside though and hard to spot unless you concentrate. Fortunately Catamaran has been watching closely.

If Fogarty does get on top of his finishing (any one of the three shots late v Hawks would been the winner) then we will have a rising star nominee and perhaps a winner on our hands. Need the goals to catch the eye of the media (unfortunately).

From there will bigger rewards await?

Last edited:

Stocks_go_Up

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Shows good intention and attack on the ball but damn his kicking is shocking... Like a wedge in golf and has them floating all over the place.

Shows good intention and attack on the ball but damn his kicking is shocking... Like a wedge in golf and has them floating all over the place.
Well he shockingly slotted one from 35 under pressure at a tense moment of the game.

Menzel missed two. His kicking is shocking too I presume. No of course its not.

He has missed some gettable shots yes. But its game 4 for the kid ffs. Im not gonna call him a shocking kick on the back of a few gettable yet under pressure misses.

GO Catters

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Well he shockingly slotted one from 35 under pressure at a tense moment of the game.

Menzel missed two. His kicking is shocking too I presume. No of course its not.

He has missed some gettable shots yes. But its game 4 for the kid ffs. Im not gonna call him a shocking kick on the back of a few gettable yet under pressure misses.

GO Catters

People expect all players to have perfect kicking styles
Let him do his thing, I’ve met a kicking coach a few times and one thing he says is he won’t change someone’s style as that’s what works for them, he’ll make slight adjustments to improve the little things

WillJaffa32

Senior List
Jul 27, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Brilliant performance last night but he's been doing it all year, just gone unnoticed by many! Great pressure, mark, decision making and kicking to advantage. A genuine rising star chance, especially for a nomination this round, however Witherden had a great game for the Lions which may give him the upper (as well as two more games to be played). Schick Player Ratings say that he has been 2nd best first year player under TKelz. Misty has a great future!! GO CATS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back