08 fogarty.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
This is one of the posts on the Geelong boards Lachlan Fogarty thread from 2018, “Wells job is made easier when other clubs don't take a guy who do obviously should've gone way earlier. I haven't seen us draft a kid so obviously ready for afl and with such a well balanced skill set since Selwood. No wonder we thought he'd be well gone by our pick.”

I can’t wait. Hopefully Lachlan turns out as well for us as that Geelong supporter thought it would for his own club.

Welcome to Carlton, Lachlan!

Was rated highly pre-draft; (small) inside, outside mid. Has pace, agility and LOVES to tackle.

Played 15 games in his first season, when Geelong made finals (just), which is a very impressive effort.

Has had LOTS of injuries. So happy for Russell and co to go to work, take their time and rebuild him.

I think the chances he gets his body right for AFL is easily higher than the chances of getting a similar outcome from pick 51 in this draft.

Last edited:
I hope to see a passage of play

Lachie Plowman from half back passes off to Lochie O'Brien who dishes it off to Lachie Fogarty for a goal

Decent highlight real as a junior - seems to be a creative (without being too creative) small forward with good instincts

May 1, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
This looks like a good get. Downgrade of 3rd rounder and essential pay with a 4th. I think we can live with that.
My only concern is 'injury background' and why is Geelong letting a youngster go when they need young midfielders?
Hope we have made up some ground on the pick 8 loss here.

Back