Senior 8. Lachie Fogarty

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's just draft-speak at this stage, but the club's reference to Fogarty as a 'forward pocket', and expressing hopes that he will "develop into a dynamic member of the Blues’ forward line" reek a bit of previous attempts to awkwardly shoe-horn mids into forward roles... but he excites me more as a midfield option.

Fingers crossed Lachie gets a decent run at it - has had the full gamut of injuries in recent seasons, it seems.

Looks like Carlton traded the pick (22) to Geelong which they then used to draft Fogarty. Therefore looking at this we can wipe off that part to our past trade, had him have 3 years of development, then recruited him for less 3 years later. Thumbs up!

And we get all the injuries thrown in for free....Bargain!

:p

Reading some of the phantom drafts. Picked to go anywhere between pick 11 -15 in that year. He is know to be a ferocious tackler that is rarely seen at his age, and kicks regular goals. We should be happy with this pick. He is close friends with Cameron Rayner too. Talked about as a midfielder and small forward. Looking forward to seeing what this kid has.

Think people who are putting him down as a forward pocket will get a nice surprise.

He is small and can play forward, but he is a midfielder.
So is Fisher but for some reason Teague has been reticent to play Fisher as a midfielder and instead made him work his way back into the side as a forward pocket. So am genuinely interested to see how we plan to use Lachie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope to see a passage of play

Lachie Plowman from half back passes off to Lochie O'Brien who dishes it off to Lachie Fogarty for a goal

If you're not a Lachie, Sam, Matthew or Jack you're just an outlier in our team! (Special mention to the Zacs, Toms, & Paddys)

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hopefully, he gets to overcome his injury issues and we get to see the best of Lachie as a Blue. Could be a very handy pick up for us.

Watched one highlight video and he tackled more than I saw Lang and Smedts ever do. Lock best 22 and premiership player

Yeah, I liked the Velvet Fog. I thought he was a keeper for us, but alas. We' re going all-in with oldies like Shaun Higgens and that Cameron fella for one last crack at a Premiership so our young guns are going to look elsewhere. You guys have recruited well - I hope he does well!

Yeah, I liked the Velvet Fog. I thought he was a keeper for us, but alas. We' re going all-in with oldies like Shaun Higgens and that Cameron fella for one last crack at a Premiership so our young guns are going to look elsewhere. You guys have recruited well - I hope he does well!

“The Velvet Fog”, gonna have to take that one on board.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back