Unrestricted Free Agent Lachie Henderson [delisted free agent]

Turbocat

Premium Platinum
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
As mentioned another club may offer him a longer contract for more money and if he's still on the outer at Geelong by year's end then he may end up at a 4th club.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out, I mean who was the last player to play for 4 clubs, Ben Hudson?
There are a few around ..once its was almost unheard of. I suspect at his age he will have to weigh that up(if the offer comes) with a comfort factor. I doubt that he will be delisted etc but IF Taylor keeps play this well it will make the situation sticky for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pure_Ownage

Premium Platinum
Nov 26, 2008
PODS fan club office
AFL Club
Geelong
I don't think Henderson is done at Geelong.

With Blicavs playing key back we can only really afford to play one of Taylor and Henderson against most teams.

Harry had a much better pre season so got the nod but he is not the most durable conveyance nowadays.
Henderson will play this week with Henry injured and then we will get a better look at how he is going.

Pure_Ownage

Premium Platinum
Nov 26, 2008
PODS fan club office
AFL Club
Geelong
There are a few around ..once its was almost unheard of. I suspect at his age he will have to weigh that up(if the offer comes) with a comfort factor. I doubt that he will be delisted etc but IF Taylor keeps play this well it will make the situation sticky for him
He wont be delisted bc Taylor is close to retirement but Henderson may only get offered 1 or 2 years and less of a guarantee of playing time than other clubs might give him.

iBeng

Intentionally left blank
Apr 3, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Carlton made out like bandits in the trade to get him in to Geelong, acquiring McKay in the process.

He’d be in most best 22’s, but he’d be worth very little in a trade.
What did we get off you for him?

Oh lols, we sent you him and Pick 12 for Pick 27 and THE FEVOLUTION!

What a time.

La Dispute

La Dispute
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester City, Boston Bruins
What did we get off you for him?

Oh lols, we sent you him and Pick 12 for Pick 27 and THE FEVOLUTION!

What a time.
Risk/reward, if the guy hadn’t gone off the rails he’d have gone down as an all-time great.

Bring jettisoned out of Victoria was probably the worst thing for him at the time in hindsight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pablito

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I thought he played well last night, easily covered Tex and Jenkins at times And used it well (85% efficiency).

He'll be around for a few more years I suspect.

Turbocat

Premium Platinum
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Between blitz, Taylor, Henry and Kolodjashnij I feel is more than enough back there for height
Last year ..id have said this would be Taylor's last.. now not sure..he was carrying a foot issue. This year HT is looking good enough with the younger players around him. .. but looking at who we have in the twos ..we are thin. Playing black as Quarter back type role at CHB and a very young KPP in Krugger. It would not surprise me if we offered Henderson a contract ..but also it would not surprise if another club offer more years and more dollars. It may come down to how much is left and other trades that we make.If we bring in a tall or intend to draft one or we need cap room etc..
If LH wants a serious offer he need to get fit , get back in and hold his spot.

Top Bottom