rp84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Philadelphia 76ers
I'm not a big fan of booing players but may the boos be long and loud whenever this soft utensil goes within 20m of the footy. Could not have gone about this year in a worse way.

Compare this guy to the way Bell went about it. I will always clap Belly.

Hendo is now the biggest turncoat shitkicker in recent Carlton history.

Boo!

chunkylover53

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton
Geez what an underwhelming career. Had the world at his feet coming to us as a young, hard working KPF developing each year.

Injuries and a fair bit of mental softness he never grew out of has seemed to hurt him.

If you can’t make it in the Geelong system you really have no hope imo. They’re the best at looking lemons look good.

Not sure what the true story is with Lachie back in 15.. I wonder if he was unfairly targeted by fans?

Unfairly targeted?

Getting a contract offer early in the year from the Cats and quitting on the Blues was as simple as that.

Then his mother had a sook on his behalf in the media.

Henderson did the opposite of Bryce Gibbs. Had he played out the year to the best of his ability and then took the money and chance at success very few would hold a grudge.

MileHigh

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Still the only player I'm aware of to come out during the season and say he wants to leave rather than all this "haven't made a decision yet... not going to make a decision until the end of the year" nonsense when we all know what's going on. Gutted me he left at the time and was still angry he wouldn't dig the heels in through the hard times (although things were pretty toxic at the time with MM being fired and under an interim coach so you also can't really blame him) but just goes to show in the end he was a downhill skiier and body hasn't been able to keep up with it and and has done nothing at Geelong. Turned out for the better that he left.

sparkyblue

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Had him earmarked as an All Australian CHB at one point when we was with us. Another one for the "waste of talent" stockpile but that's apt consider the way he left Carlton. #knob

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
Thought he was going to be a 10yr CHF or CHB for us and while I understand his move to Geelong. If he had his time again he would probably do things a bit differently in the way he went about his last few months at Carlton.

My highlight of Lachie was his mark in the EF against Richmond late in the last when he ran back with the flight and took a great pack mark with about 4-5 mins left.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Leaves a club to play at Carlton = hero.

Leaves Carlton to play at another club = monster.

Thought he was right to leave when he did since we were going back to rebuilding and telling us early , imo, was also a blessing in disguise.

Good luck in retirement Lachie.

Considering what we ended up using what we got for Lachie in a trade, I echo these sentimonies.

Still believe that he was bit of a wasted talent in many respects, always thought there as an elite/dominant KPP AA quality player in him somewhere, but he never worked it out (although Salthouse constantly changing him from forwards to back didn't help either)

Life is too short for recriminations, and he did play many good games for us, so I thank him for his service.

I honestly don't think he dogged us in a way that Aaron Hamill did (for example)

Feb 28, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I think it is poor form from us Carlton supporters getting stuck into Henderson. Think we are better than that. The kid lost his motivation and wanted a fresh start. It would have been tough paying for the club under Malthouse. Rather than shaft us like Campo and his disgraceful exit, he did not burn the club. Carlton were given sufficient time to negotiate a reasonable trade deal. He isnt a sook. He is a professional player. Worked out well for us and we need to move on.

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
So we traded Henderson for geelong's 2016 first pick and then traded that for gws 2015 pick which was pick 8 (we also gave gws pick 28 (that we got for menzel) and got plowman, phillips, sumner and lamb). Pick 8 became Harry McKay.

So as it stands we got big Harry and the plow (plus others no longer on our list) for henderson and menzel who are both no longer on lists.

SOS you are a genius.

Broadside

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
I think it is poor form from us Carlton supporters getting stuck into Henderson. Think we are better than that. The kid lost his motivation and wanted a fresh start. It would have been tough paying for the club under Malthouse. Rather than shaft us like Campo and his disgraceful exit, he did not burn the club. Carlton were given sufficient time to negotiate a reasonable trade deal. He isnt a sook. He is a professional player. Worked out well for us and we need to move on.
Well said. We need to move on.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Considering what we ended up using what we got for Lachie in a trade, I echo these sentimonies.

Still believe that he was bit of a wasted talent in many respects, always thought there as an elite/dominant KPP AA quality player in him somewhere, but he never worked it out (although Salthouse constantly changing him from forwards to back didn't help either)

Life is too short for recriminations
, and he did play many good games for us, so I thank him for his service.

I honestly don't think he dogged us in a way that Aaron Hamill did (for example)
Life's too long to live without them! What would I do without my carefully cultured spite, my worthy grudges, my lifelong enemies?

In all seriousness, smacks of 'never speak ill of the dead' syndrome to me.

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Did love that mark going back with the flight of the ball at the end of that game,

other than that he can gagf haha
Calls it quits on a 200 game career lets just remember the good time across 100 game for CFC. Anyone questioning him needs to go back to the 2013 EF. Was one of the only bloke to head down to the 2nds in 2015 when both teams were terrible.

Back