Lachie Hunter - Alleged bloody idiot

Remove this Banner Ad

Bailey Smith is an interesting one. I don’t like to base perceptions of people from social media but I felt like Baz had a really genuine humbleness when he arrived at the club, but if you didn’t know much about the guy you could be forgiven for thinking he’s on pretty good terms with himself nowadays. Seems optically like he’s gotten a bit wrapped up in the AFL star world. Again, I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah, nah. I went to a training session just before COVID19 hit and took my little cousin (Feb maybe), was barely anyone there. Most of the boys were very nice, but only spoke for 5 to 10 secs and signed. Baily Smith had a longer 3-5 minute convo with us and happily obliged for pics and autographs etc. Then when asked for a pic at the end my cousin had a problem with his camera and Smith was genuinly not worried/rushing him, just continued talking to me for another 20 secs while my cousin restarted his phone or whatever he needed to do. Reminded me of Dale Morris. Most of the higher profile players were nice but it was just a 5 second hi and autograph (Dunks the other exception, he had a reasonable minute or so convo and was very good with my young cousin), including Bont. Smith was exceptionally nice and humble, I was very surprised - might of been different if I didn't have a kid with me and there were more people, but I can only base it on that interaction. Fair to say, my cousins 2 favorite players are now Smith & Dunkley.

Hunter always came across as a party boy / entilted and a bit of a dick. Always nice enough the 2-3 times I've met him, but seems a bit full of himself. Was surprised he got VC but the players respect him and always talk about his uncanny ability to read a game and lead on field. I'd imagine he will be stripped now.

Last edited:
Yeah, nah. I went to a training session just before COVID19 hit and took my little cousin (Feb maybe), was barely anyone there. Most of the boys were very nice, but only spoke for 5 to 10 secs and signed. Baily Smith had a longer 3-5 minute convo with us and happily obliged for pics and autographs etc. Then when asked for a pic at the end my cousin had a problem with his camera and Smith was genuinly not worried/rushing him, just continued talking to me for another 20 secs while my cousin restarted his phone or whatever he needed to do. Reminded me of Dale Morris. Most of the higher profile players were nice but it was just a 5 second hi and autograph, including Bont. Smith was exceptionally nice and humble, I was very surprised - might of been different if no kids were there but I can only base it on that interaction.

Yep, Bailey is a good egg. Looks like a rough nut raver but is not.

Lmao who gives a fu**
What he does in his personal life is his business not ours

I give a *.
Have you ever had a family member die as the result of a drink driver. I assume not, because if you had, you would understand that what this idiot does in his personal life is your business.

So how about you give a * and realise that what someone does in their personal life can destroy others lives.

Last edited:
To those questioning his appointment as VC, that is all about how he trains and plays, and the impact he has on the playing group in that regard.

Not excusing this incident but as for off-field behaviour, they are footballers. He's hardly one of out the box.

I give a fu**.
Have you ever had a family member die as the result of a drink driver. I assume not, because if you had, you would understand that what this idiot does in his personal life is your business.

So how about you give a fu** and realise that what someone does in their personal life can destroy others lives.
Probably was a bit insensitive in my first comment, apologies to anyone offended, didn’t really think it through
Was referring to sacking him etc, he’s a bloody good player and to sack him would be a big detriment to the club

All you doggies supporters just saying sack him and stuff like that piss off you keyboard warriors stand by our players the bloke made a mistake he will get his fair serve he seems like a genuine good bloke the time I meet him a few years ago made a mistake his a bloody good player Mark Robinson reckoned he was the best winger in the game I tend to agree

To those questioning his appointment as VC, that is all about how he trains and plays, and the impact he has on the playing group in that regard.

Not excusing this incident but as for off-field behaviour, they are footballers. He's hardly one of out the box.

Understand that, but people in leadership positions are expected to set examples. Set the standard.

If this is the standard, then the club is screwed. This is why there is no room for excuses here, the club has to come down hard.

Regardless of the way he trains and plays, all of that has been brought undone by one night of moronic, irresponsible, reckless behaviour.

Probably was a bit insensitive in my first comment, apologies to anyone offended, didn’t really think it through
Was referring to sacking him etc, he’s a bloody good player and to sack him would be a big detriment to the club
I think calls to sack Hunter are possibly reactionary - once the dust settles, I think most will agree though that a LONG suspension is warranted. I think he's lucky if he plays again in 2020.

Ultimately though, how good a player he is should have absolutely no bearing on what his penalty ends up. The only thing that should impact his punishment is his status as VC. He's damaged the club's reputation more than any other player could have, other than Bont.

Hard to believe they don’t or shouldn’t take off field behaviour into account. Do you think he should retain the vice captain position and not be suspended??

All you doggies supporters just saying sack him and stuff like that piss off you keyboard warriors stand by our players the bloke made a mistake he will get his fair serve he seems like a genuine good bloke the time I meet him a few years ago made a mistake his a bloody good player Mark Robinson reckoned he was the best winger in the game I tend to agree
I don't agree with calls to sack him, but the notion of "stand by our players" is misguided here. He did a ******* stupid, selfish, dangerous thing and should rightfully cop the criticism for it.

We were all quick to condemn Stringer, and he didn't even break the law, so how is Hunter suddenly so special? He may have less of a dickhead personality, but this incident doesn't do much to separate the two of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A mistake? Come on. This has to be a pisstake.

Good blokes don’t go out and get hammered while the rest of society is on lockdown, good blokes don’t drive more than twice the limit, good blokes don’t leave the scene after writing off five cars. Good blokes don’t drag a 19-year-old teammate into it and don’t hide from police.

Last edited:
Lmao who gives a fu**
What he does in his personal life is his business not ours

Absolutely stupid thing to say for so many reasons. I genuinely hope this is an attempt at trolling.

When you are literally committing crimes and endangering other people's lives then it no longer falls under the category of personal life. We aren't talking about infidelity or religious beliefs. Being caught breaking the law makes it a public matter. If he had committed rape or murder would you just consider those things part of his personal life and reserve any judgement?

Last edited:
Yeah, nah. I went to a training session just before COVID19 hit and took my little cousin (Feb maybe), was barely anyone there. Most of the boys were very nice, but only spoke for 5 to 10 secs and signed. Baily Smith had a longer 3-5 minute convo with us and happily obliged for pics and autographs etc. Then when asked for a pic at the end my cousin had a problem with his camera and Smith was genuinly not worried/rushing him, just continued talking to me for another 20 secs while my cousin restarted his phone or whatever he needed to do. Reminded me of Dale Morris. Most of the higher profile players were nice but it was just a 5 second hi and autograph (Dunks the other exception, he had a reasonable minute or so convo and was very good with my young cousin), including Bont. Smith was exceptionally nice and humble, I was very surprised - might of been different if I didn't have a kid with me and there were more people, but I can only base it on that interaction. Fair to say, my cousins 2 favorite players are now Smith & Dunkley.

Hunter always came across as a party boy / entilted and a bit of a dick. Always nice enough the 2-3 times I've met him, but seems a bit full of himself. Was surprised he got VC but the players respect him and always talk about his uncanny ability to read a game and lead on field. I'd imagine he will be stripped now.

That’s awesome to hear and reinforces why I try not to base too many perceptions of people from social media

If you look in all their posts, theres always another team mate speaking egyptian in the comments. Makes me wonder wtf is going in their minds. I'm a year older than Baz and I have got no clue what he's saying lol.

I've learned that "ferrit" or similar seems to be "day for it" and usually refers to good weather.

Absolutely stupid thing to say for so many reasons. I genuinely hope this is an attempt at trolling.

When you are literally committing crimes and endangering other people's lives then it no longer falls under the category of personal life. We aren't talking about infidelity or religious beliefs.

City Boyz apologised a few messages back

When you are literally committing crimes and endangering other people's lives then it no longer falls under the category of personal life. We aren't talking about infidelity or religious beliefs. Being caught breaking the law makes it a public matter. If he had committed rape or murder would you just consider those things part of his personal life and reserve any judgement?
Already apologised for it mate, was a pretty out of line comment, understand your anger

That’s awesome to hear and reinforces why I try not to base too many perceptions of people from social media

Reminds me a bit of meeting Bernie Tomic, cops all sorts of s**t for being a terrible bloke but IRL is the complete opposite, not the smartest bloke around but he’s a genuinely lovely guy to have a chat with, very polite and funny

IF that is true then what we all suspected for so long about Robinson is true....

The bloke knows * all about football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back