Lachie Hunter - Alleged bloody idiot

Police have charged a 25yo South Yarra man after a man crashed his Toyota SUV into a number of parked cars in Wright Street, Middle Park at 8:45pm. The driver allegedly left the scene however police located him nearby in South Yarra after official AFL training kit was found in the vehicle. He was subsequently breathalyzed about two hours later and returned a 0.123 reading however had been consumed alcohol post the accident.

He has lost his license for 12 months and has been pinged $1600 for breaching shutdown restrictions. Images from night stringer/3aw

1587075540730.png

1587075675678.png

1587075791771.png

Attachments

• 1587072949015.png
    1587072949015.png
    379.3 KB · Views: 560
Last edited:

Bontempele

Debutant
Sep 22, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not surprised in the slightest to hear that it was Hunter. Behind the scenes off the field he's continued to make poor decisions ever since he was 18.

Hunter's high school friends own a CBD techno club that's a bar earlier in the night (not that hard to narrow down), especially with a search of social media if you're not a follower of the Melbourne club scene. Hunter (among other dogs players, the remainder who are fringe best 22 at best) can be found here most weeks, often with a game the next day. Hunter & co are happy to be seen drinking, and while Hunter refuses any photos, other players have been happy to oblige. Whilst not during the season, I've also seen Hunter emerge from the toilets with groups that I know deal/ engage in the use of a certain chalky substance. Honestly can't believe he's been in the AFL system for this long and party boy hasn't been caught until now. Catches up in the end I guess

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not surprised in the slightest to hear that it was Hunter. Behind the scenes off the field he's continued to make poor decisions ever since he was 18.

Hunter's high school friends own a CBD techno club that's a bar earlier in the night (not that hard to narrow down), especially with a search of social media if you're not a follower of the Melbourne club scene. Hunter (among other dogs players, the remainder who are fringe best 22 at best) can be found here most weeks, often with a game the next day. Hunter & co are happy to be seen drinking, and while Hunter refuses any photos, other players have been happy to oblige. Whilst not during the season, I've also seen Hunter emerge from the toilets with groups that I know deal/ engage in the use of a certain chalky substance. Honestly can't believe he's been in the AFL system for this long and party boy hasn't been caught until now. Catches up in the end I guess
He’s clearly been a dick and the book should be thrown at him but these anecdotes could literally be posted about 50% of afl players. Loads of them are at it, we’re no worse or better than any other afl club when it comes to player behavior.

Bontempele

Debutant
Sep 22, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He’s clearly been a dick and the book should be thrown at him but these anecdotes could literally be posted about 50% of afl players. Loads of them are at it, we’re no worse or better than any other afl club when it comes to player behavior.

Easy to say this in hindsight but I was stunned when he was annouced VC. You don't ever see guys like Bont, Macrae, Dunkley out partying. Was hoping alot of our partyboy cultural issues would stop when Biggs/Dalhaus left, but that hasnt been the case

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Easy to say this in hindsight but I was stunned when he was annouced VC. You don't ever see guys like Bont, Macrae, Dunkley out partying. Was hoping alot of our partyboy cultural issues would stop when Biggs/Dalhaus left, but that hasnt been the case
I would say Bont, Dunkley and Macrae are the exception and not the normal. It’s a societal issue in that age group. I agree the choice of him as VC is odd if he’s that off the rails.

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Doesn’t sound good but I will say this - we all threw the book at Hunter when it emerged that he’d been betting on AFL games only to find out someone else had used his account.

Sam Edmund has already come out and said that Lachie spoke to 2 people after the accident and provided license details and then left.

Hope this incident doesn’t influence any of our sponsors.

Doesn’t sound good but I will say this - we all threw the book at Hunter when it emerged that he’d been betting on AFL games only to find out someone else had used his account.

Sam Edmund has already come out and said that Lachie spoke to 2 people after the accident and provided license details and then left.

Hope this incident doesn’t influence any of our sponsors.

Sam also said that Lachie also didn't think he was over .05 and then went to someone's house and had more to drink, which put him over.

And pigs might fly.

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I would say Bont, Dunkley and Macrae are the exception and not the normal. It’s a societal issue in that age group. I agree the choice of him as VC is odd if he’s that off the rails.
That’s because of the stupid players voting their own. Coaches should just say who are the captains like in the old days. The party boys are going to vote for one of their own.

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So he hit 4 cars, and thought it was ok to leave.
What, he didn't think to have his own car towed away.

What a load of crap.

So not only is he a drink driver, he's a liar as well.
And a prick of a person, because that’s 4 people who get up for work this morning with damage to their cars And untold logistical nightmare to get fixed at the moment, their cars were hard earned. And these people will have distain for him and our football club forever.

Unsubstantiated claims made on drug use and unprofessional behaviour is not helpful, and comes across as trolling behaviour. No argument he has been an idiot, no argument the club will throw the book at him, no argument he has let his team and club down. But stick to the facts.

...the old drink drive, have an accident, leave the scene, go home or better still somebody else's and wait for the police to arrive and tell them that that you've had a few drinks to calm the nerves excuse. eh?

Its good to see Lachie is still maintaining his fitness as he put his renowned endurance to use as he made his way from Middle to Park to South Yarra. All the while skirting the outside and avoiding the contest.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Last edited:

TommyD13

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Adelaide United Southampton
So he gets stepped down now as VC, surely. Who succeeds him? Wood get it back, or new blood? Dunks too young? Wallis or JJ then?
I'd go Dunkley but would be fine with any of the others. Can't believe how ridicuolously stupid Lachie has been. AFL players should set the example for the community, never mind a man with a leadership position.

footyfan000001

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Strip him of VC and four week suspension. Absolute goose. Might cost us the Mercedes sponsorship now and maybe more and during a time like this..

Strip him of VC and four week suspension. Absolute goose. Might cost us the Mercedes sponsorship now and maybe more and during a time like this..
Mercedes 4WD already made the decision to pull out of the Australian market prior to Covid-19 hitting, so it was very unlikely to continue anyway.

Make him front the media for a Q&A. That will have him squirming.

Back