#1 Dogs Fan

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2006
Behind My Keyboard
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chris Grant & Muhammed Ali
Can i just say something. Yes he stuffed up ok and should be banned for minimum 5+ weeks by the club.

Iv always known of Hunter tobe a party boy and part of the rat pack off the feild. however on the feild he is a great team player and leader.

Surely you dont put a bloke like that as a risky Vice captain when you have many other credentialed candidate's for the job ?

or have i missed something?

Mercedes 4WD already made the decision to pull out of the Australian market prior to Covid-19 hitting, so it was very unlikely to continue anyway.

Make him front the media for a Q&A. That will have him squirming.

Our sponsorship is with Mercedes Benz Vans.

Their departure from the 4wd market will have no baring on sponsorship going forward. Lachie Hunters idiocy on the other hand might.

Im sure that the club with its Skeleton staffing levels will be thrilled to be the focus of attention of a football media pack starved of anything of substance to talk about.

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Cubs, Leafs, Ravens
Didn’t Buddy Franklin do exactly this? What were the repercussions?

Pretty sure he wasn't over the limit then leave the scene.

Hate to say it but the last player to do something of this variety was..... Ben Cousins.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Drink driving is so selfish. The real harm it can do is unmeasurable. Such a self-centred act.

Add to that the fact that we’re on lockdown and if he had have hurt himself or others, police, paramedics all have to be deal with the mess when they’ve already got far bigger issues to deal with.

The selfishness just blows my mind.

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can i just say something. Yes he stuffed up ok and should be banned for minimum 5+ weeks by the club.

Iv always known of Hunter tobe a party boy and part of the rat pack off the feild. however on the feild he is a great team player and leader.

Surely you dont put a bloke like that as a risky Vice captain when you have many other credentialed candidate's for the job ?

or have i missed something?
You actually have missed something. They did ‘risk’ him as VC. And this is what happened.

footyfan000001

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Add to that the fact that we’re on lockdown and if he had have hurt himself or others, police, paramedics all have to be deal with the mess when they’ve already got far bigger issues to deal with.

The selfishness just blows my mind.

Absolutely. But fair chance he claims some sort of mental health issue being in iso. I don’t mean any offence to that but just seen this happen way too often.

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Four weeks? That should be the lower end.

Would tend to agree - Stephenson got what 10 weeks for something not as immediate and dangerous last year.

It's the leaving the scene element that bothers me most (and I'm guessing would bother the club, AFL and police)

Hints at him needing to hide and get rid of something quickly (as surely he knew they would eventually be able to track him down through his license plate?)

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It shocked me right from the start when Hunter was named VC. At no point have I ever got the impression he's a mature leader. He wasn't exactly on the Dahlhaus/Stringer/Libba/Biggs level, but he also never screamed "leadership". Mitch Wallis was given a disservice when he wasn't given the VC. He has been my pick for Captain for years now. I knew he wouldn't follow Wood since Bont was being prepped for years for the role, but I firmly believe Wallis should have been our VC in the first place when Bont was named Captain. This just confirms that for me.

On the topic of drink driving, I am so ******* sick of clubs sweeping this type of shitty behaviour under the rug, and passing it off as "oh he was stressed/depressed/whatever else". Tell that to the countless people around Australia who have lost a loved one to drink driving. Liam Ryan's incident disappeared from the news within days. Hodge seemed to escape ongoing criticism for his incident too. It's about time it stopped. I hate the lens being on our club, but if that's what it takes for this toxic attitude towards footy players being above the law to stop, then so be it.
  • Hunter should be dropped as Vice Captain immediately, replaced by either Wood or Wallis. Not Dunkley, he's too young and only been recognised as a leader in the last 12 months. It needs to be Wood or Wallis.
  • Hunter should be copping an enormous financial penalty from the club. Whatever the maximum amount allowed by the AFLPA. Pass it on to one of our affiliated charities.
  • Hunter should be volunteering for community service work, chatting with schools about not doing stupid s**t with alcohol, that kind of stuff. Make him earn his reputation back, don't just let it slide.
That's just a start. Honestly he's lucky he's not being kicked to the curb like Stringer was, because I wouldn't exactly feel sorry for him if that were the case (even though I know it wouldn't be)

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would tend to agree - Stephenson got what 10 weeks for something not as immediate and dangerous last year.

It's the leaving the scene element that bothers me most (and I'm guessing would bother the club, AFL and police)

Hints at him needing to hide and get rid of something quickly (as surely he knew they would eventually be able to track him down through his license plate?)
Or it hints that he’s stupid, immature and panicked.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I really don't give a s**t what players get up to in their personal lives so this doesn't bother me too much.

Could be a good thing
Did Stringer bother you? Do you care about what Wayne Carey has done in his personal life?

Usually I would agree, like the stuff that leaked about Dayne Zorko and Jack Watts last year being none of the public's business. But in cases like this, where one of the most senior members of the club does something so horribly stupid and shortsighted, I think it becomes everyone's business. He put lives in danger, it's lucky the only thing that got hurt is his ego/reputation. Plus potentially the families that now lose their mode of transport until their vehicles are fixed. That could be a nurses car he ruined

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
It shocked me right from the start when Hunter was named VC. At no point have I ever got the impression he's a mature leader. He wasn't exactly on the Dahlhaus/Stringer/Libba/Biggs level, but he also never screamed "leadership". Mitch Wallis was given a disservice when he wasn't given the VC. He has been my pick for Captain for years now. I knew he wouldn't follow Wood since Bont was being prepped for years for the role, but I firmly believe Wallis should have been our VC in the first place when Bont was named Captain. This just confirms that for me.

On the topic of drink driving, I am so ******* sick of clubs sweeping this type of shitty behaviour under the rug, and passing it off as "oh he was stressed/depressed/whatever else". Tell that to the countless people around Australia who have lost a loved one to drink driving. Liam Ryan's incident disappeared from the news within days. Hodge seemed to escape ongoing criticism for his incident too. It's about time it stopped. I hate the lens being on our club, but if that's what it takes for this toxic attitude towards footy players being above the law to stop, then so be it.
  • Hunter should be dropped as Vice Captain immediately, replaced by either Wood or Wallis. Not Dunkley, he's too young and only been recognised as a leader in the last 12 months. It needs to be Wood or Wallis.
  • Hunter should be copping an enormous financial penalty from the club. Whatever the maximum amount allowed by the AFLPA. Pass it on to one of our affiliated charities.
  • Hunter should be volunteering for community service work, chatting with schools about not doing stupid s**t with alcohol, that kind of stuff. Make him earn his reputation back, don't just let it slide.
That's just a start. Honestly he's lucky he's not being kicked to the curb like Stringer was, because I wouldn't exactly feel sorry for him if that were the case (even though I know it wouldn't be)

In an ideal world where Mitch Wallis is guaranteed of best 22 place this would be great but the reality is that he is not. Therefore he can't be considered for the captaincy.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Lmao who gives a fu**
What he does in his personal life is his business not ours
That's an absolute cop out. His actions are going to potentially directly affect our club via sponsors, not to mention he is in a senior leadership position influencing our young playing group looking to him for guidance.

In an ideal world where Mitch Wallis is guaranteed of best 22 place this would be great but the reality is that he is not. Therefore he can't be considered for the captaincy.
A vice captaincy would guarantee him best 22. He's definitely not far off imo. He has a footy brain, gives 110%, good shot for goal, I reckon his tackling has improved out of sight. You need all types at a club and he's one of the better ones.

Back