Scandal Lachie Hunter to face drink driving charges after fleeing the scene of a crash

Crock

All Australian
Oct 22, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thats good, still think 3-4 weeks and a loss of his VC role is a pretty hefty penalty without even talking about what he will owe outside of the club.

Not sure if this has been already mentioned but if there was alcohol involved in the incident, the insurance company will walk away which means he will be responsible for the damage to all five cars!

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
The legal consequences will be much worse financially and losing the VC might also affect his income as well. Let the police sort him out, we all expected the token 2-3 game punishment and education so the club looks like it's doing something.

Why should they have to? AFL clubs and the league should butt out of trying to playmoral adjudicator. It’s a sports league, not law enforcement. Let the police deal with dick heads like him.

If I drank drive, my work place wouldn’t punish me unless I was driving a company vehicle or driving to/from work etc

Jun 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why should they have to? AFL clubs and the league should butt out of trying to playmoral adjudicator. It’s a sports league, not law enforcement. Let the police deal with dick heads like him.

If I drank drive, my work place wouldn’t punish me unless I was driving a company vehicle or driving to/from work etc
Or of you signed a code of conduct which this would fall under.

4 matches, stripped of vice captaincy and 5k fine. Has to undertake alcohol education and counselling and community service.
Also has to pay for repairs to five cars because his insurance is voided by DUI but the biggest hurt is the public finding out you got pissed on Rose!

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Missed a trick with the spin here the doggies. Should've announced he was suspended "indefinitely" then quietly brought him back in second or third game after the season restarts - whenever that is. But that time everyone will've moved on and won't notice.

The post in no way condones drink driving.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Right below ‘premiership player’.
Not many players on North’s current list have that on their CV.
What the current players on our list don't have on their record, is an incident consisting of a string of poor decisions that your bloke made last week in one night, and brought shame to the club.

Culture.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)

BarryMorgan

Premiership Player
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What the current players on our list don't have on their record, is an incident consisting of a string of poor decisions that your bloke made last week in one night, and brought shame to the club.

Culture.
There’s a couple there who do have some iffy incidents on their record though. Every club has their dickheads. Ours just picked the worst time possible to out himself as a dickhead.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Decent whack I think - he’s going to cop criminal charges too you’d assume.

At least they didn’t bitch out with a Luke Hodge/Good Bloke defence or a Mental Health Issue.
If Luke Hodge blew 2.5x times the limit, smashed into 4 cars causing 150k in damages, fled the scene while breaking a government enforce lockdown the good bloke defense wouldnt have worked.

Hamez

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Why did Gowers also cop a club imposed (suspended) fine for his involvement but not Smith?

Gowers has also copped a $5000 suspended fine, because, like Hunter, he did not inform the club of the incident at his earliest chance.

The Dogs were satisfied Smith never left the car at Gowers' house and therefore not be sanctioned by the club

Back