Recommitted Lachie Neale [OOC 2023 - Will honour his contract]

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Brisbane get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jules is due to deliver their first baby in October and wants to move back to Perth for support.

Lachie will put his trade request in in the next week.
Poor Lincoln.

If this was hypothetically true, it'd be interesting to place his worth. Contracted until 2023, on ~$900k a year.

Won the Brownlow only a year ago with the highest votes/game ever. Yet has looked a shadow of himself this season struggling with the back injury and then the syndesmosis surgery. Seemed to be back to himself the last few games, though struggled again a bit last night. Turns 29 early next season.

Other question will be whether the WA teams would be able to/want to trade for him. WC might struggle to fit the salary in, and I wonder how he fits into Freo's timeline.

If this was hypothetically true, it'd be interesting to place his worth. Contracted until 2023, on ~$900k a year.

Won the Brownlow only a year ago with the highest votes/game ever. Yet has looked a shadow of himself this season struggling with the back injury and then the syndesmosis surgery. Seemed to be back to himself the last few games, though struggled again a bit last night. Turns 29 early next season.

Other question will be whether the WA teams would be able to/want to trade for him. WC might struggle to fit the salary in, and I wonder how he fits into Freo's timeline.
Purple googles on and he should be valued less then when he left us because he’s closer to exiting then entering his prime.

The age thing would have him less than Cerra for mine.

At the same time, Brisbane are in a window and aren’t going to want to let go one of their best players while he’s under contract. Interesting times ahead.

Additionally, this thread promises to be a struggle given I guarantee most Freo peeps won’t actually want him back due to age/fit and spite

Last edited:

I don’t want him for the trade capital he’d cost. I’d prefer us to hit the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very interesting if true. No way I can see west coast having the assets or even wanting him considering there midfield is already stacked.

I’d say it would have to be back to freo. Could cerra be involved in a 3-way

After everything I've read and heard, I can't see any situation where JLo trades in a 29-year-old.

Reece Conca just got the heave-ho for being the same age.

West Coast might be a better fit.

Interesting. West Coast can't give him what he's worth. Freo seem to want to hit the draft and have been burnt too much by bringing in high-profile recruits. Not a FA next year (I think) so Brisbane still have quite a bit of leverage. Could see a scenario where he remains with the Lions in 2022 and leaves afterwards?

Whatever Freo get for Cerra probably fair.
Fremantle are likely hoping to continue upward trajectory and losing Cerra now stings.
Getting Neale back would ease the wound, and likely produce more than Cerra would resulting in finals.

Absolutely no argument here as to the exceptionally high quality of football Neale has produced over his career - but Cerra has that ahead of him now while Neale’s is mostly behind him.
From a Freo supporter’s perspective I’d hope he’s the very shiny set of steak knives in a Cerra deal, not the whole meal!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Whatever Freo get for Cerra probably fair.
Fremantle are likely hoping to continue upward trajectory and losing Cerra now stings.
Getting Neale back would ease the wound, and likely produce more than Cerra would resulting in finals.
I might be bias but I don’t think it is. Cerra has 8+ years of extra football ahead of him. I think he’s worth more.

Back