News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll probably get banned or something for saying this but whilst it might be true that Mccarthy, Bennell etc are out of shape and/or unprofessional, if Neale is taking the moral highground he shouldn't be.

I was connected through someone I know to Neale back in 2016 and he was having himself quite a few coke binges during the season. To the point where Barlow was going to tell him to pull his head in. You all might remember at the end of that year when Yarran had his rant on facebook he also mentioned Neale's drug use and it was promptly dismissed because "Neale would never!"

Don't think hes that big of a loss in terms of leadership.

Ummm, wasn't the Shane Yarran thing all proven to be bulltish ?
Sincerely doubt any mud-flinging like this unless there is a Mummy-like video to back it up

Interesting and a bit annoying. Over 40 players moved clubs this trade season yet we kept just hearing about Neale wanting out as an indictment on Freo, bad culture etc in the words of Hagdorn, Hardie, and McClure. Yet, Beams (last captain) has just walked out (Hardie said it was to partly to do with getting overlooked for B&F when he had the best year??), and Zorko the current captain has his own troubles (seems like a top bloke). So...the culture at Brisbane is not all sunshine and lollypops apparently either.

Funny, all quiet on the West front though.

I'll probably get banned or something for saying this but whilst it might be true that Mccarthy, Bennell etc are out of shape and/or unprofessional, if Neale is taking the moral highground he shouldn't be.

I was connected through someone I know to Neale back in 2016 and he was having himself quite a few coke binges during the season. To the point where Barlow was going to tell him to pull his head in. You all might remember at the end of that year when Yarran had his rant on facebook he also mentioned Neale's drug use and it was promptly dismissed because "Neale would never!"

Don't think hes that big of a loss in terms of leadership.

I hate to say this but I heard the exact same story from a guy at my work who is mates with some AFL and soon to be AFL players.

I didn't post it as he was a current player plus I don't know to what extent it's true and most clubs would have guys doing this.

Maybe he's away from those influences now

I think we'll be ok. Like others I also had an encounter with him 'buying' Milky Way bars not too long ago. It's quite a long story so won't share it in full here.

It's ok, Zorks will get him back on the right track. #bettercultureatbristoon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t like his comments that he was surprised how fit and fast the Brisbane players are. In a way inferring that Freo players aren’t.

I didn’t like his comments that he was surprised how fit and fast the Brisbane players are. In a way inferring that Freo players aren’t.
Also could be that the perception of the lions is we arent fit and dont compete well so we dont train well either. Not sure. I thought they were odd comments and pointed. But not sure who at.

I don't mind the back-hander from Neale to be honest. It is no secret that we need to improve in virtually every facet of the game, and if it provokes a reaction, great. And I don't mind if there is a bit of heat in our future games with the Brions. I hope the club feels a bit ashamed to have become their on-field bunnies, which they followed up by poaching our B&F winner.

Conca and Colyer are reportedly fantastic trainers and that may be another part of the same equation, with the end result being to create a best practice training regime at the club, which is of course what we should have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back