Rumour Lachie Neale to request trade back to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

5m0uoz.jpg

Back to Perth. Racist central.

Currently 19 degrees warmer where I am sitting right now than in Geelong so who gives a $h1t
Good thing i'm not in Geelong, a good thing i'm not living under a rock in WA...we're in lockdown and it's bad, but i would still rather be here than live under the Mad Emporer ..

Maybe because we rarely have to live in lockdown, wear masks, and have an economy that's booming? how many footy games did you get to go to the year?
Nobody gives a fats rats about nowheresville...McClown is on a road to nowhere, he just doesn't know yet. If WA wants to secede, go right ahead, kick both Eagles and Freo out of the competition and let them play among themselves..McClown is a disgrace to Australia.

Nobody gives a fats rats about nowheresville...McClown is on a road to nowhere, he just doesn't know yet. If WA wants to secede, go right ahead, kick both Eagles and Freo out of the competition and let them play among themselves..McClown is a disgrace to Australia.
Chill out man it’s BF.

Sounds like someone needs to breathe and go for a walk outside...... oh hang on, that's right.. maybe just take a walk around your lounge room.

If true, it’s a pissweak excuse for Neale to request a trade back to Freo. Surely when you sign a 5 year contract you weigh up the probability of starting a family during the term of the contract and where you will be living. If you have any doubts you don’t enter into the contract. If I was Brisbane and their supporters I would be livid. Really poor from Neale. Living in Brisbane until the child is 2 when his contract finishes is hardly too onerous.

If true, it’s a pissweak excuse for Neale to request a trade back to Freo. Surely when you sign a 5 year contract you weigh up the probability of starting a family during the term of the contract and where you will be living. If you have any doubts you don’t enter into the contract. If I was Brisbane and their supporters I would be livid. Really poor from Neale. Living in Brisbane until the child is 2 when his contract finishes is hardly too onerous.
Priorities change in peoples lives. I want different things now to what I wanted 3 years ago. Maybe when he left WA he wasn't planning to start a family so soon but he is entitled to change his mind.

why do teams draft players if they're going to delist them within two years? players and clubs are both capable of reassessing value and changing plans

Got away from Ross. Freo have upside now. Queenslanders. WA seems exciting, atm. Family. Done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won't be giving 2 first rounders.

Maybe 1, but definitely not two so we can stop talking 2 first rounders as we have our eye on top 10 talent.

Brisbane might want Lobb who can be a target and give ruck support. Maybe Lobb and a 2nd. Freo pays a bit of Lobbs salary as he's on 700ish.

360 reckon he's gone. They were just discussing suitable compensation, saying he's a better player now than when he left. They suggested the pick they get from Calrton for Cerra, plus another first rounder.
Which is rubbish - he won Fremantle’s b&f just before he left. He was already a frequent ball getter. Dunstall is pretty out of touch with non Victorian sides. Fremantle have ear marked young WA players in the upcoming draft, so won’t be giving away first rounders so easily.

Which is rubbish - he won Fremantle’s b&f just before he left. He was already a frequent ball getter. Dunstall is pretty out of touch with non Victorian sides. Fremantle have ear marked young WA players in the upcoming draft, so won’t be giving away first rounders so easily.
In 3 years at the Lions he's won 2 B&Fs, 2 AA's, a Brownlow, an AFLPA MVP. and the AFLCA player of the year. He's clearly been a better player at the Lions, and is worth more now than when he left.

In 3 years at the Lions he's won 2 B&Fs, 2 AA's, a Brownlow, an AFLPA MVP. and the AFLCA player of the year. He's clearly been a better player at the Lions, and is worth more now than when he left.
He didn’t have to compete in a team with Fyfe. The AA means nothing when players like Nic Nat were included this year. It’s difficult to predict what shelf life Neale has left. No team wants to end up screwed like WCE have been with Kelly.

Neale is a giant douche bag.

Priorities change in peoples lives. I want different things now to what I wanted 3 years ago. Maybe when he left WA he wasn't planning to start a family so soon but he is entitled to change his mind.
Yes, but what's the point of signing any contract and then reneging on it when things get a bit difficult, or it doesn't suit? And apparently the first 3 years of his contract were heavily front loaded. Very self serving from Neale if he goes ahead with this.

Last edited:
why do teams draft players if they're going to delist them within two years? players and clubs are both capable of reassessing value and changing plans
If a player doesn't perform to expectations I think it's quite OK to delist them. However if that player has a contract and is not performing, and the club wants to get move them on they still have to be paid out, or their new club take over the contract.

Yes, but what's the point of signing any contract and then reneging on it when things get a bit difficult, or it doesn't suit? And apparently the first 3 years of his contract were heavily front loaded. Very self serving from Neale if he goes ahead with this.

He's cashing in, which he is entitled to do. The family thing is just a bullshit excuse to do so. It will be good when a player actually just comes out and says so. I.e. careers are short, like everyone else i can be paid more to do the same job, so why not leave.

he’s also 3 yrs older and will be 29 soon. Always a risk of a player dropping off a cliff at ~30ish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back