• Pick 8 and 27 with 18 coming back

Votes: 41 25.3%
  • pick 8 with 18 coming back

Votes: 44 27.2%
  • 2nd round pick

Votes: 53 32.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm taking this chance to encourage everyone to vote in the two threads that are more important than spitballing about Neale

If you havent already please vote for the Board MVP and Post Of The year

Board MVP:

Post of the Year

You could still take Erasmus with Carlton's first-rounder.

Pick 8 for Neale and 18? Surely that's big unders.

I can see that argument. It's not clear that Neale is a great fit for Fremantle. You'd need to accelerate up the ladder pretty quickly to make it worthwhile.

Nooow you're getting it....

Geez, this the point of the debate.

We WANT to only pay unders!

Sweet Jesus!

You had me until you offered 10 & 18 for Neale. Even 10 by itself is hard for me to stomach.

We still keep 2 first rounders.

If we can send a package up to GC for 5 and help with Lobbs $ we can get it done.

Back in the kpfs we draft to come on quickly ad Fyfe plays CHF.

It's messy and aggresive, but we can potentially have 2 top 10 and a brownlow medalist come in.

I think what a lot of us want here is not to pass up another opportunity to draft two top tenners. As you say, not many teams will have 2 first rounders in the bank, let alone 2 in the top 10. I think we'd like another Serong/Young combo to walk through the door than the prodigal son. It's just too good to pass up.
thank you. someone else said it. If you asked this board would you like to draft Serong or take a 28yo Lachie Neale 99% would go for the former for a very obvious reason. This year, we desperately need goal kicking forwards (or mid/forwards). That is the most important need. We had Fyfe, Mundy, Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong and Darcy going through the middle and we struggled week after week to kick a decent score. Only one week we beat the 100 points mark. That doesn't win much of anything.

I'm rooting for Brisbane to just hold him to his contract in the end. But man I really hope our club doesn't fall for it. Already have had Neale and his management contact the club and speak to Longmuir - but it shouldn't be our problem. He f’ed off to begin with. The club has changed and moved on since. Don't get baited by his partners' desperation please.

Lets MAYBE revisit this in 12 months.
That's the best option..revisit next year.. great post..

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

GC have stated pick 5 is up for sale for the right price.. ******* work on that first ffs. Make that priority.

Lobb, Future 2nd, a Tucker or someone in that calibre in there. Pay a bit of Lobbs salary while we're at it to make it more enticing.

We will then have pick 5, 8 (from carlton) and pick 10.

Split pick 5 with Richmond and get their pick 9 and pick 18.

Send 10 and 18 to Brisbane for Neale and they give us their 2nd round pick.

We go to the draft with Pick 8 and 9.

We just need a package for GC that's enticing for them.
We could even stuff them around and offer #18 and our current second #27 for Neale.

Keep 8,9 and 10.

It would make for a very exciting first hour of the draft and a very relaxed next three hours while we have no picks.

We could even stuff them around and offer #18 and our current second #27 for Neale.

Keep 8,9 and 10.

It would make for a very exciting first hour of the draft and a very relaxed next three hours while we have no picks.
We do need our seconds though, remember we have Clark, Hough, Motlop, JVR and Williams that we will all be after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We do need our seconds though, remember we have Clark, Hough, Motlop, JVR and Williams that we will all be after.
I don't think we would be talking about Jesse if we didn't have him in our NGA, and I am not expecting us to get a chance to look at Van Rooyen or Williams in the second round.

I think we need to decide if we want tall forwards and pick them with our top fifteen picks.

If you're a list manager and aren't sure on the talent then you'll lean towards exposed form and value maintaining, which means talls from WA. Plenty of boards will be tipped towards taking the WA tall over the less known and less exposed form other.

Exactly. Also the list management at the time. We had bugger all forwards. We bring in the warped and the weird with Jack Anthony, Colin Sylvia and Shane Yarran. Our assistant coaches were garbage. We were chronically injured. Why begrudge him for leaving that and for more cash? Makes heaps of sense to me.

I know this is Neale thread, but I won't ever put Shane Yarran in a 'warped and weird' box.
He was a highly talented footballer who showed on-field improvement before various things went south. His end was pure tragedy.
I'll always remember his quick grace in passing Pav the footy for that 700th goal.

Listening to Garlick, we definitely want Neale. He spoke about midfield depth being a key to success.

Garlic says we could be a big player in the trade, even though it wasn't planned..if players with great skill and character are interested, it's hard not to entertain it.

****ing useless ****s. (This is at the club, not your Paracleet)
The quality of our side in 2025 is going to virtually entirely depend on how good the best 12 or 15 players we have under 23 now turn out to be, I.e. the ones we have collected in the 2016 to 2020 drafts, because they are the ones that are going to be the backbone of the side. The players we have now that will decide whether we are good enough as team to win that first flag. Not Lachie Neale and one draft pick between 8 and 10 or two more draft picks between 8 and 10. They are cream.
Yes I agree there is a critical mass and we need as many chances to make that the best we can. Neale can't be part of it because he is too old. Every top pick we take now is a chance to be part of that core and that is precisely my point. I don't think the core is good enough, especially in the front end. We need more.

I like this response, especially the "taking the emotion out of it" part.

Garlick repeated this tonight on 6pr - said there was nothing to consider at this stage but if Freo was nominated then it needed to be an objective decision, noting that inside midfield (along with the backline) is somewhere we already have strength, but also noting that they would need to consider someone of Neale's calibre should he nominate Freo. Also mentioned in the same breath that the intent is to hit the draft hard and that that was the expectations of the fans (I think they went on to talk about that a bit but I went out).

The club just needs to be sensible and somewhat brave.

What door do you select?

Door A (vote thumbs down) - You enter. It’s filled with familiar faces, a nice gathering. You feel comfortable. Stories are shared, some you’ve heard, you smile politely at their familiarity. It’s not late, but you decide to call it a night. You could stay longer, but it’s just the same thing. It’s the sort of night you’ve had before, could have again, but are also a bit ‘meh’ with it all.

Door B (vote thumbs up) - Where am I? This is new. There’s different music. You’re apprehensive, but someone yells ‘chug’ and you’re thrust face first into a dizzying period of craziness. At some point you realise you’ve been speaking to some Croatian about the Mediterranean like you have any idea, but you’re completely content with that 90 minute discussion. It’s 4am and you feel like the party hasn’t even started. Everyone is super friendly and you just blend in like you’ve known everyone for years.

Door C (also thumbs up) - You enter. You’re greeted by the high school student who use to bully you. You want out, but they’ve shut the door and you have to stay. The hot girl glances over in your direction and you think ‘oh boy’, but as she approaches she grabs her jacket that you were leaning on. That ‘look’ she gave turns into one of disgust at the thought you could just lean on her clothing. She whispers some words to a friend and they look at you and laugh. You check the time and realise you’ve been there for 11 mins and no one can pick you up for 6 more hours.

What door are you. Clearly A is if we go down the Neale route. B and C are gambles but I’m happy to have a s**t party if the same chances are of having a wicked one!

Don’t go to the same party Freo!

I don't think we would be talking about Jesse if we didn't have him in our NGA, and I am not expecting us to get a chance to look at Van Rooyen or Williams in the second round.

I think we need to decide if we want tall forwards and pick them with our top fifteen picks.

If you're a list manager and aren't sure on the talent then you'll lean towards exposed form and value maintaining, which means talls from WA. Plenty of boards will be tipped towards taking the WA tall over the less known and less exposed form other.
The talls will most likely go first round as you say. However, Motlop and Clark are both needs and will fall to our second round pick. Having a gamble on Hough would also make sense for the club after his great debut. We need 3 second rounders which is why I would be reluctant to trade them out for Neale.

You immediately know which side a media person favours by how they respond because both sides are correct.

He is worth a lot to Brisbane so to trade him they need to get overs. He is worth less to Freo to trade him they need to get unders.

There are 3 results here
1) One team buckles and gets completely screwed over
2) They meet in the middle and he goes for market value (pick 10 IMO)
3) Neale stays where he is.

This needs to be handled the exact same way the Weller trade was handled. Set a price at the beginning, inform Neale and Brisbane that is the price and we will not be moving from that price and walk away.
Pick 10 using points (yes, I know I know) is:

Neale, Pick 18, Pick 73
for
Pick 6 and 27

In that situation, it becomes imperative that in any trade for Cerra, Freo get Carlton's 6 and 25. None of this F2 bullshit.

Neale, 8, 18, 25, 73 is decent
Neale 8, 18, 73, 81 is crap on a stick

Back