• Pick 8 and 27 with 18 coming back

Votes: 41 25.3%
  • pick 8 with 18 coming back

Votes: 44 27.2%
  • 2nd round pick

Votes: 53 32.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm taking this chance to encourage everyone to vote in the two threads that are more important than spitballing about Neale

If you havent already please vote for the Board MVP and Post Of The year

Board MVP:

Post of the Year

People. The lamb and rosemary pie from the Mt Barker Country Bakery is the best pastry encrusted love pocket that I’ve ever experienced. I used to travel to Albany for work a fair bit and used to go out of my way to stop and enjoy a momentary gravy induced escape from the four hours of travel. Used to be the highlight of my trip. 👌

Last edited:

People. The lamb and rosemary pie from the Mt Barker Country Bakery is the best pastry encrusted love pocket that I’ve ever experienced. I used to travel to Albany for work a fair bit and used to go out of my way to stop and enjoy a momentary gravy enduced escape from the four hours of travel. Used to be the highlight of my trip. 👌
PeopleEater… 🤔

And it was lamb you say?

People. The lamb and rosemary pie from the Mt Barker Country Bakery is the best pastry encrusted love pocket that I’ve ever experienced. I used to travel to Albany for work a fair bit and used to go out of my way to stop and enjoy a momentary gravy enduced escape from the four hours of travel. Used to be the highlight of my trip. 👌
so true

If Lachie is still fit at 30 and we continue our progression he’s the type of player who could be part of what gets us over the top.
And the price will be more palatable
Feel like some more apples might bob up by that time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely if you were a Brisbane supporter you should be just trying to move on from this topic as quick as possible ... sweep it under the rug so to speak.

If Brisbane Lions was such a great club and a blissful place to play football, the Neale rumours would have never got off the ground.
BL supporters now have a situation where one of their guns has most likely extorted more benefits, support, promises out of the club by threatening to leave ... that's not really something to celebrate in my eyes.
And it also sends a loud message to Freo fans as to why Neale left Freo to start with ... for him. He went to a place where he was earning more money and now that he has seen the best years of that rewarding contract he has put feelers out to see what he can command back at Freo.
I like Neale, but I'm not blind to the fact that he is looking after himself and always has done (and good on him, he's got every right to do that).

I was also a fan of Neale coming back to Freo, but I'm not at all disappointed given we have lost absolutely nothing with him staying at BL and there was always going to be a risk that he returned and then failed to produce due to his age (Freo have a tendancy to have these trades work against them).
And I now suspect that Brisbane were never going to let Neale go for anything less than a high 1st rounder, so a deal was not going to happen.
(But then what do I know, only a couple of days ago I said a deal had been done and this was theatre, only to be proven 100% wrong within 12 hours).
Me too
I thought it was pretty much a done deal .
Im far from knowledgeable in these matters , but I’d they have such a great list right now surely some future first picks would have been more beneficial to the longevity of their recruitment.
Particularly given the age of a lot of their stars .

I can vouch for this
Best bakery I’ve ever come across , Tassie had some good pies but these guys are on a winner .
Lucky enough to play footy there every month or so , the Braised Lamb Pie is amazing .

The AFL media are useless:

"The fact the Dockers allowed that anomaly to go unaddressed, coupled with Neale’s concerns surrounding a lack of professionalism at the club, led to the star midfielder’s exit once that contract was done."

He had a year to run with us you numpty.

The AFL media are useless:

"The fact the Dockers allowed that anomaly to go unaddressed, coupled with Neale’s concerns surrounding a lack of professionalism at the club, led to the star midfielder’s exit once that contract was done."

He had a year to run with us you numpty.
Waiting for it to somehow become our fault.

Lachie breaks contract to go to Bears for more money = good!

Lachie proposes breaking contract to go to Freo for more money (and in the words of the Fast and the Furious, "fOr fAmiLy!") = bad!

So much eye rolling, they're starting to hurt

Last edited:
Neale is absolutely fair game, go to town on the bloke!
But guys please don't stoop as low as to go at his wife, when they decided to go to Brisbane the world was a different place and her getting home to family and them getting to her was a simple plan ride away. Now it isn't, and there has been times where she has been alone for weeks on end with no family around her in lockdowns and with Lachie in quarantine and she's had no way to escape this. It would be an extremely daunting prospect to face after the past 2 seasons, that she may have to go through it again with a newborn baby.

Doesn't sound like the leak came from Freo then, as he said its not where you think and everyone seems to assume it was Freo.
IMO It has got his managers fingerprints all over it. I am sure he is the Player manager for a few on Fremantle's list and thinks he is a bit of a swinging dick at the club.

IMO It has got his managers fingerprints all over it. I am sure he is the Player manager for a few on Fremantle's list and thinks he is a bit of a swinging dick at the club.
TLA lists Fyfe, Treacy, Bowers, Pavlich, Tucker, Schultz, Bewley, Murphy, Eastaugh, Brayshaw, Hughes, Valente

Back