Scape Goat Lachie Neale

Remove this Banner Ad

There's been many more than 1 example. I'm not going to spend my day finding and linking them all though.

If you are really interested in this topic rather than just bashing me, you can research it yourself.
See my previous post, you still don't seem to be able to distinguish the difference between "bashing" someone and criticizing a players game, or in this instance something someone's said. I'm not bashing you, there's been no name calling or anything untoward, i'm questioning your ability to be able to differentiate between the 2. Having a different opinion than you on a topic of conversation isn't "bashing" somebody. Nor am I "bashing" you.

There's been many more than 1 example. I'm not going to spend my day finding and linking them all though.

If you are really interested in this topic rather than just bashing me, you can research it yourself.

erm ... but you was the one who brought it up and "bashed" people for doing so?

Can we agree that whoever they are and however many of them exist they are the collective noun for knob-ends?

was called a knobhead today.

is there a difference between knobhead and knobend? if there is no difference, then i do not want to be grouped in that collective please

The ins/outs threads are there for you to read yourself if you don't believe me and want to verify what I've been saying. But effectively calling me a liar because you can't be bothered going back to read them is unnecessary.

The ins/outs threads are there for you to read yourself if you don't believe me and want to verify what I've been saying. But effectively calling me a liar because you can't be bothered going back to read them is unnecessary.

i am not calling you a liar. i believe that you believe what you are saying, which is worst TBH

It's actually quite easy to research. In the last two team changes threads for round 7 and 8 there have currently been 821 posts. Searching those threads for "Spurr" yields 21 results. Of those results there is one comment suggesting that "maybe spurr needs a spell in the wafl", the rest discuss his disposals from the games with no other mention of him being dropped.

DE% is all well and good when half of his kicks go backwards or barely 15m in link up plays and switches. It's when he has to pull the trigger into the corridor or inside 50 to a marking target, his skills are below par and I'm not sure why he is basically a cemented player in the side.
Once again an unsubstantiated claim based on one person's view of a game. You can write off statistics all you like but the point you seem to be missing is without them its just your opinion of what happened. Which, lets face it, is about as important to those who decide these things as the price of eggs in china (Much like mine ;)).
As for your claim that most of his kicks went backwards to uncontested possessions in 15m passes. I just think you are wrong.
To me it looked like he was playing, as he has all year, as a rebounding defender. Running out of defence and kicking into the forward 50. This I can substantiate by saying that he had the third most rebounding 50's (3) and the third most inside 50 entries (3). Nobody else did both as well.
Now I am sure that I can go and find the video evidence of this for you but I suspect you will still believe that he only chip kicks to mates in the defensive 50. Like it is somehow "poor form" to maintain possession. And that he gets all of those short kicks right but none of the forward movement ones. :rolleyes:
I could point out that McPharlin had more Clangers or that his DE% is about the same (+/- 2%) as both MJ and Mcpharlin so somehow they never chip kick in the backline but he does :rolleyes:.
As to why he is cemented in the side the above seems to add plenty of reasons IMHO but lets add 6 tackles (4th best average per game).

Introducing facts into someone's narrative;whatabloodyspoilsport manpurple.
But correct weight and accurate post.
They are the reasons RTB is very happy with his input,big runner too.

The "only has good DE% because of sideways kicks" comment is absolute nonsense as well, Sutcliffe takes the game on heaps and is a beautiful long kick of the footy, he's actually quite the attacking rebounder.

I have a suspicion Notorious may actually be thinking of Spurr because nothing he wrote actually applies to Sutcliffe.

The "only has good DE% because of sideways kicks" comment is absolute nonsense as well, Sutcliffe takes the game on heaps and is a beautiful long kick of the footy, he's actually quite the attacking rebounder.

I have a suspicion Notorious may actually be thinking of Spurr because nothing he wrote actually applies to Sutcliffe.

easily confusing ... both have an "s" and "u" in their names and one letter in both is repeated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly, but he would have been wrong there too, IMHO.

A DE% of 94% means he missed precisely one disposal in 17 and a clanger stat of 0 would seem to mean that Spurr didn't butcher much at all.

Possibly, but he would have been wrong there too, IMHO.

A DE% of 94% means he missed precisely one disposal in 17 and a clanger stat of 0 would seem to mean that Spurr didn't butcher much at all.

Don't disagree, but Spurr has attracted almost identical criticism this year and in fairness his kicking was pretty shoddy in the first 5 rounds hence I thought that might be it, has definitely improved recently though.

I re watched the first half paying particular attention to Sutcliffe, because I wanted to recheck my opinion. I've got to say I think Notorious is a little harsh, but I understand where he's coming from. Most of his touches were under no pressure and went backward or sideways and IMO only 1 had real hurt factor.

But the thing that stuck out were 2 absolute mongrels that hurt the team. With 2:50 to go in the first Q under no pressure he wobbled an inside 50 that missed Barlow 10 meters in the clear costing a good shot at goal. With 12:15 to go in the second again under no pressure running down the wing he kicks another flour bag straight to an eagles player all by himself, they take it up the other end for a shot on goal. Now he wasn't the only player to turn the ball over, it's just that these particular kicks were spectacularly bad that left a sour taste in my mouth.

I re watched the first half paying particular attention to Sutcliffe, because I wanted to recheck my opinion. I've got to say I think Notorious is a little harsh, but I understand where he's coming from. Most of his touches were under no pressure and went backward or sideways and IMO only 1 had real hurt factor.

But the thing that stuck out were 2 absolute mongrels that hurt the team. With 2:50 to go in the first Q under no pressure he wobbled an inside 50 that missed Barlow 10 meters in the clear costing a good shot at goal. With 12:15 to go in the second again under no pressure running down the wing he kicks another flour bag straight to an eagles player all by himself, they take it up the other end for a shot on goal. Now he wasn't the only player to turn the ball over, it's just that these particular kicks were spectacularly bad that left a sour taste in my mouth.

Yeh if I recall they both went end over end. I too have noticed also in previous games careless errors.So long as he learns from them is the main thing.
I think its probably a case of fatigue and still building a tank. When you get fatigued its a time to up the concentration on execution as your body starts to rebel against good form.

Looks like he got his game high 32 disposals while spending the lowest time on ground actually. All players spent more time on ground them him (69%) apart from the 4 involved in substitutions.

Like it is somehow "poor form" to maintain possession. And that he gets all of those short kicks right but none of the forward movement ones. :rolleyes:
I could point out that McPharlin had more Clangers or that his DE% is about the same (+/- 2%) as both MJ and Mcpharlin so somehow they never chip kick in the backline but he does :rolleyes:.

The point being is anyone can sit in defence and keep a healthy kicking efficiency by not taking risks and playing the keeping offs game. It's when he needs to kick through the corridor or inside the forward 50 that he struggles/lacks confidence/lacks skill. That's what differentiates a good rebounding defender to a poor one, your Birchalls/Sucklings/Hibberds take on these kicks and execute with precision, and they need to or else a definite turn over is almost always the case.

In saying all that Duffield was the main culprit today against Port, his foot skills and decision making was disturbingly bad.

The point being is anyone can sit in defence and keep a healthy kicking efficiency by not taking risks and playing the keeping offs game. It's when he needs to kick through the corridor or inside the forward 50 that he struggles/lacks confidence/lacks skill. That's what differentiates a good rebounding defender to a poor one, your Birchalls/Sucklings/Hibberds take on these kicks and execute with precision, and they need to or else a definite turn over is almost always the case.

In saying all that Duffield was the main culprit today against Port, his foot skills and decision making was disturbingly bad.

Seriously mate who are you talking about here? I don't think we even have a player who turns it over every time coming out of defence, although Johnson and Duffield did come close today.

Sutcliffe used the ball well today as usual so I know it can't be about him ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back