Toast Lachie Neale

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? He wasn't better than any one of three Sydney mids selected? I actually don't think Selwood deserved it this year but suspect they needed a captain.

Nah. Don't get me wrong it's no mean feat what he's done. Just don't think he has been definitively better than any of those mentioned. He's carried a massive load but he has burned the ball a fair bit and hasn't really had the impact on the score board he did last year.

I like that guys like Greene, despite being a total campaigner, have been picked in the positions they're actually playing rather than jamming more inside mids onto the HFF.

Shuey robbed more for mind. He has been amazing to finish the year.

Welcome to the Freo players snubbed AA club Lachie.

O'Reilly 96
Kickett 97
Fletcher 98
Clive 00*
Hasleby 04*
Pav 10
Fyfe 11*
Pav 12*
Fyfe 13*
Neale 16

*denoutes absolute OUTRAGE!
Pav missing out in 2012 was the one that I thought really stunk, particularly when they picked Nic Nat or Cox in the pocket.

Feel like Lachie is a bit stiff but it's always tough to pick the midfielders as there's usually 10-12 bailouts A graders each year.

Nah. Don't get me wrong it's no mean feat what he's done. Just don't think he has been definitively better than any of those mentioned. He's carried a massive load but he has burned the ball a fair bit and hasn't really had the impact on the score board he did last year.

I like that guys like Greene, despite being a total campaigner, have been picked in the positions they're actually playing rather than jamming more inside mids onto the HFF.

I personally think the "burned the ball a fair bit" is a myth. He's had better disposal effectiveness than all those other inside mids.

I personally think the "burned the ball a fair bit" is a myth. He's had better disposal effectiveness than all those other inside mids.

It sounds a little silly almost but the disposal record worked against him I reckon. People just assume because he played for a crap team that most possessions must have been ineffective.

Fair enough.

For me, my memories of many of the games early this season are filled with instances of him attempting a short pass and kicking it directly to an opposition player in bad position. Perhaps that's a bit of confirmation bias on my part, and it was indeed the whole team doing it, but i'm not convinced he's been better than those named. More relied on perhaps.

It sounds a little silly almost but the disposal record worked against him I reckon. People just assume because he played for a crap team that most possessions must have been ineffective ineffective.
Yep exactly - it's a lack of exposure that makes it more difficult. He had a patch where he struggled a bit but geez, to break the record when you are in a crap team, and being tagged most weeks, it makes no logical sense that he didn't make it. But who cares, he'll be with us next year alongside Fyfe.

Toby Greene.
39 goals, and 21 possessions a game

Michael Walters: 36 goals and 18 possessions in bottom 3 team who kicked about 120 goals or something stupid for the year.

Personally I think Walters had a garbage year by his standards, and yet there's Toby Greene

Toby Greene.
39 goals, and 21 possessions a game

Michael Walters: 36 goals and 18 possessions in bottom 3 team who kicked about 120 goals or something stupid for the year.

Personally I think Walters had a garbage year by his standards, and yet there's Toby Greene

Well if they'd picked Walters on the HFF i'd have said the same thing - I like that they're picking players in their actual positions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fu#$ing disgrace
So in the last 4 years we have had Pavlich, Fyfe, Mcpharlin and Neale who should have been absolute locks end up missing out.
I suppose I should be used to it by now but you would have thought that having the disposals record and 40+ 5times aswell as 35+ 11, thats right ELEVEN times this season that he would have made it.

Fu#$ing disgrace
So in the last 4 years we have had Pavlich, Fyfe, Mcpharlin and Neale who should have been absolute locks end up missing out.
I suppose I should be used to it by now but you would have thought that having the disposals record and 40+ 5times aswell as 35+ 11, thats right ELEVEN times this season that he would have made it.

Zach Merrett had 30+ 12 times this year and didn't even make the squad, stats aren't everything. As good as Lachie was he wasn't a lock, he was unlucky to miss out but it's by no means a disgrace that he did.

Zach Merrett had 30+ 12 times this year and didn't even make the squad, stats aren't everything. As good as Lachie was he wasn't a lock, he was unlucky to miss out but it's by no means a disgrace that he did.
See thats the thing Merrett should have been a lock for the squad of 40

Merrett should have been a lock for the squad, that was a disgrace too. You can't disagree that it is a disgrace and then back it up with another disgrace!

Seriously Lachie was elite this year and was not picked due to team performance, we finish top 10 and he makes it 100% of the time, it is a disgrace that he has missed out.
Gets in ahead of Selwood, Martin, Kennedy straight up and definitely could argue some of the others too.

Disgrace.

It annoys me because i believe AA worthiness should not be based on team performance as it is a season based reward. Compared to the brownlow that is based off of a game-game voting system which i believe should take into consideration the result.

Correct. If you want to talk about anybody butchering the ball, then let's talk Dustin Martin, 113 Clangers from 684 disposals (ie. 1 clanger every 6.1 disposals). Neale had 80 Clangers from 737 disposals (ie. 1 clanger every 9.2 disposals).
Lachie Neale's disposal efficiency for the 2016 Home and Away season was 73%.
Compare that to the other elected AA midfielders; Hannebery 67.7%, Dangerfield 68.9%, Kennedy 67.8%, Parker 67.3%, Selwood 70.5%, Sloane 68.2%.

Also think he is a ball burner but also wonder how they put Dustin Martin in over him, that s**t is mind boggling

Especially after a record setting year of disposals

Fair suck of the sav

Remove this Banner Ad

Back