Toast Lachie Neale

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he deserved to be on the bench. If he had those numbers and fyfe played the whole season it would of made neale look better too. He pretty much carried our whole midfield.

If anybody has the time and/or inclination, I'd like to see a list of contentious AA selections over the past few years matched with a list of the selectors, including the clubs that the selectors used to play for (or support).

2016 was a great test for Neale.

There was never any doubt he had talent but the question was always how would he go as the #1 midfielder sans Fyfe and Mundy who usually had the most attention. With those players being injured and out of form/playing alternative roles it gave Neale a heap of responsibility in the guts which he took to with aplomb.

It's an absolute disgrace he missed out on AA selection but with selectors like Darcy and Jakovich on the board the accolade has next to zero credibility anyway.

2016 was a great test for Neale.

There was never any doubt he had talent but the question was always how would he go as the #1 midfielder sans Fyfe and Mundy who usually had the most attention. With those players being injured and out of form/playing alternative roles it gave Neale a heap of responsibility in the guts which he took to with aplomb.

It's an absolute disgrace he missed out on AA selection but with selectors like Darcy and Jakovich on the board the accolade has next to zero credibility anyway.

IIRC Jakovich was the only person on the panel that wanted Neale in the team.

I'm not sure Neale's snub was completely about playing in the west. Maybe partially, but it would be more to do with playing for a bottom side. Merrett had a similar season and was also snubbed. They usually just pick most of the side from the top 6 clubs, and throw in a few players from the rest.

Exceeded all expectations imo this year. Really excited to see how much better he can get with a full strength midfield around him as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back