Recommitted Lachie Neale [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

I recall a "journo" probably Barrett saying last year that Freo would offer their first and Lachie Neale in around April/May for Cam McCarthy.

I remember it because I honestly had no idea who Lachie Neale was.

Lachie fired back with a tweet; "<insert Journos name > but I like wearing purple"

Surely 3 poor months on-field haven't changed that opinion?

I recall a "journo" probably Barrett saying last year that Freo would offer their first and Lachie Neale in around April/May for Cam McCarthy.

Lachie fired back with a tweet; "<insert Journos name > but I like wearing purple"

There's a fair difference between being shunted off to GWS in a move you aren't interesting in and setting up a trade to your preferred destination on yur preferred new and improved contract when your team is rebuilding.

Nothing against GWS, most knew they were going to be pretty good this year, but there's few clubs that any player would like to be tossed in to a trade and moved against their desires.

There's a fair difference between being shunted off to GWS in a move you aren't interesting in and setting up a trade to your preferred destination on yur preferred new and improved contract when your team is rebuilding.

Nothing against GWS, most knew they were going to be pretty good this year, but there's few clubs that any player would like to be tossed in to a trade and moved against their desires.
Not arguing the pros and cons of the trade or the intricacies of the deal, but he was adamant he was staying at Freo.

Who would he replace?

I don't see a need, nor do I want him at the Giants, if I'm being honest.
from your side named on the weekend. greene,palmer,kennedy. you were interested last year im assuming you will be again this year.

unless i am remembering wrong i thought you were after him for mcarthy. if im wrong then so be it
Fans were. There wasn't any indication the club wanted players, or even if it wanted anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was former freo player Paul Haselby who made those comments/suggestion.

Not quite that scenario. It was Paul Haselby and he was talking about Hogan. He said we should give Melbourne our 1st and Neale for Hogan and that's when Neale tweeted back saying "I look good in purple".
Edit!
Whoops I remembered wrongly it was Mcarthy sorry.

Last edited:
My 1st preference is that he re-signs.

My 2nd is that he's involved in a Trade with Adelaide for a terrific pick/s and Dean Gore.

I like the second option. Freo can then trade for Hogan in 2017 using terrific pick/s and Dean Gore. Melbourne can trade for ??? using picks and Gore, and so on. I've seen the future and it's Gore-y!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back