Traded Lachie Neale [traded with #30 to Brisbane for #6, #19 and #55]

Remove this Banner Ad

We all saw how much he struggled without Fyfe in the team to take their number 1 mid and provide a big body around the contests...

Not sure how well he'd go at Brisbane, could flourish if Berry/Robinson supports him.

Regardless, think pick 4 is a little steep for Brisbane. Neale would be Brisbane's #3 mid behind Beams and Zorko

We all saw how much he struggled without Fyfe in the team to take their number 1 mid and provide a big body around the contests...

Not sure how well he'd go at Brisbane, could flourish if Berry/Robinson supports him.

Regardless, think pick 4 is a little steep for Brisbane. Neale would be Brisbane's #3 mid behind Beams and Zorko

If by struggled you mean averaged 30 touches, then yeah.

Neale is better than Zorko. Far more consistent

He struggled without Fyfe? Hahaha you mean like when he won the B+F and broke the disposal record.

I think it's a strange move for Brisbane to go after an accumulator after getting rid of Rockliff and Redden in recent years. Especially with the price they would have to pay for him as a contracted player.

Really?
Neale edges out Zorko for me.
Very good player and pick 4 isn’t enough IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Want to keep, but open to trade for sure if he wanted out.

Would want more than pick 4. Gun player.

Interested to find out why you would want to trade him. Has held down the fort with Fyfe out injured and Mundy slowly getting into the last years of his career. Would be the perfect person to have next Brayshaw (and BB) until he hits his prime. Is it just because you would assume of getting a nice deal for him or more about how he is as a player? Not the best skills but he finds the ball better than Gaff, and everyone sucks Gaffs wang.

Would imagine anyone on the list not named; Witherden, Hipwood, Berry, McCluggage, Rayner, Andrews, Cameron and Zorko is gettable but looking at the list, only looks like you could get a big package of small players for him. Combination of Paparone, Robertson, Rich, Cutler, Mayes and Barret probably don’t warrant enough of the trade, unless you really liked someone in the draft.

Would a package of Neale and Dockers second for Brisbane’s first, Gardiner and next years first be on the cards? Jeez it would be a lot to give up, but with Neale only being 25 next year and the possibility of getting a first rounder for Beams might allow Brisbane to do it. But again I feel like it’s too much, but what would be he insentive for Dockers then.

Really?
Neale edges out Zorko for me.
Very good player and pick 4 isn’t enough IMO
Yep agree, with pick 4 being quite high I think a late second rounder to early 3rd rounder would seal the deal there.

If by struggled you mean averaged 30 touches, then yeah.

Neale is better than Zorko. Far more consistent

Where do you see Neale ranked out of all midfielders?

I feel he's definitely above average, but I also don't think he's elite, I mean there's a reason he wasn't tagged even when Fyfe was out.

I have all of the following as being better than him (in no specific order)

1. Dangerfield
2. Martin
3. Fyfe
4. Kelly
5. Oliver
6. Sloane
7. Beams
8. Cripps
9. Mitchell
10. Macrae
11. Treloar
12. Sidebottom
13. Crouch
14. Conigilio
15. Higgins
16. Pendlebury
17. Gaff
18. Bontempelli
19. Ward
20. Merrett

I do agree he's probably in the 20-25th best player range out of all midfielders, I also do think he's worth a good 1st rounder.

However, this is pick 4 of a "superdraft" we're talking about, I'd feel quite confident that a pick 4 mid from this draft would at least match if not exceed Neale as a player.

There's of course a chance pick 4 becomes a bust, but the reward of having an A grade mid for 12-13 years far exceeds the benefit of having Neale for 5-6 years.

I know for sure I'd prefer Gaff over Neale, and with Gaff being a restricted free agent, both clubs hold about even power.

If you offer pick 4 to West Coast for Gaff they'd certainly take it, and with Gaff being a better player by a fair margin I wouldn't give pick 4 for Neale.

But then again stranger things have happened (Weller for pick 2?...)

Interested to find out why you would want to trade him. Has held down the fort with Fyfe out injured and Mundy slowly getting into the last years of his career. Would be the perfect person to have next Brayshaw (and BB) until he hits his prime. Is it just because you would assume of getting a nice deal for him or more about how he is as a player? Not the best skills but he finds the ball better than Gaff, and everyone sucks Gaffs wang.

Would imagine anyone on the list not named; Witherden, Hipwood, Berry, McCluggage, Rayner, Andrews, Cameron and Zorko is gettable but looking at the list, only looks like you could get a big package of small players for him. Combination of Paparone, Robertson, Rich, Cutler, Mayes and Barret probably don’t warrant enough of the trade, unless you really liked someone in the draft.

Would a package of Neale and Dockers second for Brisbane’s first, Gardiner and next years first be on the cards? Jeez it would be a lot to give up, but with Neale only being 25 next year and the possibility of getting a first rounder for Beams might allow Brisbane to do it. But again I feel like it’s too much, but what would be he insentive for Dockers then.
Problem next year Neale will be FA like GAff .

Come on now. Dont be like that.

Just because the big daddt FagNob is coming for your man, it does not mean you have to take it out on Zorkbaby.

Haha I rate Zorko, Neale is just better. You may see that yourself next year.

Not sure we’re trading him, he may want the trade. No chance Freo is the one offering him up.

If Freo are actually thinking of trading Neale then they must really rate the top end of this draft.
Neale was drafted at 58 and to trade him at 4 plus a possible sweetener would be a tidy profit in draft currency terms.

I know for sure I'd prefer Gaff over Neale, and with Gaff being a restricted free agent, both clubs hold about even power.

If you offer pick 4 to West Coast for Gaff they'd certainly take it, and with Gaff being a better player by a fair margin I wouldn't give pick 4 for Neale.

But then again stranger things have happened (Weller for pick 2?...)
If Gaff was contracted they wouldn't accept pick 4. Clubs hold little power with restricted free agents as no club has matched an offer so far to force a trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back