Recommitted Lachie Schultz [triggered an extension until 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah has a trigger year for another year though not sure how that works. Delisting him in the first place even with the intention of redrafting him was very short sighted and I'm sure there were other players that had shown less that could've been delisted otherwise.

Need him to sign on.

Would hope the Blues show some interest, no world beater but works his ass off to apply pressure and starting to kick some more goals this year.

Would love him at the Dogs to compliment our talls and form a partnership with Weightman/Jones in our small brigade.

Schultz JUH Weightman
A Jones Naughton Lobb

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they have space in the cap then this guy is exactly what the Blues need IMO.

They need a quality small at the feet of Curnow and McKay.

Weird though, he was offered 3 years at Hawthorn, (2 years ago) all the reports were we had to match it to keep him (ie give him 3 years)

Edit: AFL site said he had the third year trigger? In-demand Docker knocks back Hawks to sign new deal
Maybe the trigger has been achieved from the clubs perspective but Schultz himself has to accept the offer in order for it to be valid? Regardless, he's still on the rookie list according to that article so will be looking for a significant pay bump.

There might be some other strange rules as play here given that he was previously delisted.

Would be absurd if he stayed. Career best form, big pay rise available, doesnt have to compete with teachers pet Bailey Banfield elsewhere

Easiest decision a man can make

Maybe the trigger has been achieved from the clubs perspective but Schultz himself has to accept the offer in order for it to be valid? Regardless, he's still on the rookie list according to that article so will be looking for a significant pay bump.

There might be some other strange rules as play here given that he was previously delisted.
He got his pay bump with his signature 2 years ago, rookie list doesn't mean jackshit

I don't think the AFL allows triggers like that in their contracts, I think once it's hit then he is locked in

It's possible he hasn't hit it yet and the trigger will happen mid season

Underrated. Would suit a club like Carlton who really want for nothing except for a bit of pace and some depth in small/medium forwards.

The GOAT AFL article comes through once again, won't be going anywhere this year

About to hit his trigger for a 3rd year

He ain't getting dropped so the only thing stopping him is injury

Revisit the thread in a year I guess

Remove this Banner Ad

Back