Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

He was not good today wtf are people on?

The first half he was completely invisible. He is not dangerous at all in the forward 50. Only times he kicks goals is sneaking out the back and hoping for a turnover
Geez Kap, we didn't lose and the season has a long way to play out. Essendon would've beaten most sides today but they weren't able to beat us

Neither in fact. His game was ordinary. Again had no impact early and fumbled at a couple of crucial times.
What was to like about his game Copeland?

Agree 100% He and McCreery are much the same and we can't have two players in the same forward line that spend most of the game just pressuring the person with the ball rather than getting the ball themselves. Both players are underwhelming.

Agree 100% He and McCreery are much the same and we can't have two players in the same forward line that spend most of the game just pressuring the person with the ball rather than getting the ball themselves. Both players are underwhelming.
At least McCreery has breakaway speed so that when he does break through, he can make things happen either offensively or defensively.

Schultz is treacle slow so just gets by with hard work and playing his role. Like Jarryd Blair used to do.

Defensively he's been very good, 31 pressure acts today. Some big tackles & does chase & harass well.

Offensively, however, he's nowhere near good enough yet. Obviously it takes time to learn the system and fit in, but I'm still a bit disappointed. 8 goals from 7 games isn't enough.

At least McCreery has breakaway speed so that when he does break through, he can make things happen either offensively or defensively.

Schultz is treacle slow so just gets by with hard work and playing his role. Like Jarryd Blair used to do.
No he isn't. He walks like a cowboy with a limp but he is surprisingly quick. He must have copped five hospital handpasses and kicks today and was burned by Bobby Hill when he could have kicked a certain goal.

He can play, I promise you.

Defensively he's been very good, 31 pressure acts today. Some big tackles & does chase & harass well.

Offensively, however, he's nowhere near good enough yet. Obviously it takes time to learn the system and fit in, but I'm still a bit disappointed. 8 goals from 7 games isn't enough.

His 8 goals from 7 games is bang on his career average.

Just not a very dangerous forward

What you see now is what you’ll get in the future. A pretty uninspiring but hard working forward pocket.
The club felt they had to cover a loss as well as appease their fans by recruiting Schultz, after Ginnivan’s departure. This has turned out to be a regrettable decision.
Wasn’t it Adams leaving that prompted Schultz’s management to approach the club and Schultz’s recruitment that lead Ginnivan leaving?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Covering Adams forward line pressure well, but I’d like to see him win more footy.

30 odd pressure acts yesterday

Along with mihocek and McReery… Schulz is top 10 in the comp for tackles inside 50

5 goals 4 in the last three weeks… if he had of kicked 7.2 people would perhaps be a bit kinder

Reckon some point soon there is a 3-4 goal game from him

This year I’d be questioning the form of a few others before I question Schulz’s

Last edited:
He's a better pressure player than Tay, but we're missing Taylor's aggression as an option to change things around stoppage.
Agreed completely. If we had Adams in the team yesterday after Mitchell got subbed off, we would have had him in critical last quarter centre bounces instead of Steele (x2) and Josh (x1?).

I do not understand all the negative comments around Lachie, he has been good without being outstanding, he is playing in a team that has been terrible with forward entries for most of this season, his chase ,pressure, tackling has been very good, he is still learning our structures around forward fifty, imo he will blossom with us when our team gets it together. Give the guy a break.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back