Injury Lachie watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a look back through the Carlton website, and noticed that it has been roughly 5 or so weeks since he had his hip operation. Given the club said he'd be in rehab mode for about 8 weeks, this gives him 3 more weeks (assuming the club we correct in their estimate) of rehab before he gets back training with the main group.

This will give him a month or so of full training (hopefully) in the lead up to Richmond in round 1. Would be really keen to hear from Bluebear about what he thinks his chances are of playing come round 1, and how much longer after the 8 weeks rehab would his hip "be back to normal"

Reckon it might be a bit later than that. This article from the 6th says he'll be sidelined for 8 weeks. Reckon he'll be touch and go for round 1 - perhaps a late preseason game like Murphy did and work his way into the side through the VFL.

Suspect the 8 weeks might have been from the time he was operated on, not when the article was written.

He had his op around boxing day..it was definately done before the new year...so would expect him to be back to full training in 3-4 weeks..he had exactly the same op russell had..except Rusty had both hips done.

I don't have any "inside info" so I can't speculate on when he will be back, but I would love it if he could play round 1. With that said though, I'm going with the assumption that both he and Kreuzer wont be ready, so if either or both DO play, then I will be pleasantly surprised.

Henderson's not in a position to be in the team for round 1 without a pre-season, so I'd expect him to play a couple of VFL games first. Hopefully he can be back for the Collingwood game.

It will be interesting to see where White plays in the intra-club & NAB Cup games. If, as has been hinted at by some of the coaching staff, he plays forward, you could perhaps assume that Hendo will be eased back into match fitness via the VFL.
White certainly looks the type that might do well in the fwd line as a lead up target. He seemed to sometimes struggle reading the flight of the ball when in the backline. Was this just my interpretation or do others see this?

Lined up against Waite as a defender this morning Guns.
competition between those 2 should be great. Hope Waite has his emotions in check more this season. Needs to make the next big step fwd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

competition between those 2 should be great. Hope Waite has his emotions in check more this season. Needs to make the next big step fwd

Waite seems so laid back when he's doing training drills, yet once he gets into the match simulation, he really ramps up. He laid a tackle of White, and really smacked him pretty hard into the ground.

He's a modern day David Rhys Jones is our Jarrad. One of the most sublime talents that you'll ever see but ramp him into game time mentality and a wire gets tripped to go along with the brilliance. Hopefully he can keep it in check as much as possible.

As far as Lachie goes he's pushing for the next to last week of the NAB Cup for him to get a game into him. I guess this means that unless he's firing immediately he may sit out the Richmond game and come back into the seniors round two.

Waite seems so laid back when he's doing training drills, yet once he gets into the match simulation, he really ramps up. He laid a tackle of White, and really smacked him pretty hard into the ground.

And stood on his hand after he did it. No idea if it was intentional lol. I have a picture of Simon trying to hold it in. Ouch.

And stood on his hand after he did it. No idea if it was intentional lol. I have a picture of Simon trying to hold it in. Ouch.

I didn't notice that BB25, but the tackle was a ripper. Would like to see Waite administer a few of these in round 1.

Do people think Lachie will play for the bullants rd 1 or are they counting richmond as VFL?

Spoke to Waite here at training, says Hendo will be up and running in a week or two and would be right for Round One.

Spoke to Waite here at training, says Hendo will be up and running in a week or two and would be right for Round One.

Great news if true.

I wouldn't mind seeing him make his season debut in round 3 if he's significantly short of fitness come round 1, but if he is ready for the opener then that is fantastic.

Great news if true.

I wouldn't mind seeing him make his season debut in round 3 if he's significantly short of fitness come round 1, but if he is ready for the opener then that is fantastic.

I really hate agreeing with you J, but this does make sense. If he's touch and go, give him a couple of weeks longer, and he can be right to go in round 3 vs Collingwood.

179024_10150097156423334_108959538333_6167653_3584324_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back