Traded Lachie Weller [traded to Gold Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly I wanted to say that I'm not sure why Freo supporters are laying the boot in. We were on the good end of a deal for once. Let's just be content with that.

But wholy * $30 mill profit?!?!? What sort of propaganda are they feeding you on the Gold Coast. How on earth could you think that club is that profitable right now? 19k.... ouch.

If you’re gonna make argument get your facts right!
Brayshaw was pick 2 and has already signed an extension.
Don’t get ahead of yourself mate - as I reckon in another 4 years max. the ‘Gold Coast Suns’ will become the ‘Tassie Maps’.
Weller will be right at home there......... Because that’s where he’s from!!!!!

If they time it right, they could move to Perth and become the 2nd most popular team.

Know plenty of freo fans who have buyers regret and don’t need a lot to change their team.

As for Weller, good trade win for freo. Brayshaw and Cerra look good until Lyon destroys their confidence as per normal. Then they won’t be worth much. Weller is still suffering from PTSD.

You guys are a true definition of "Trash".. the quicker someone drops a nuke on your footy club the better for the rest of the comp.

Get off your high horse you muppet your mob hasn't done anything since the 60's you have one reasonable year with an easy draw and start dishing out the insults typical Melbourne supporter. For the past 10 years besides this year well actually yes this year as well (Hawthorn and Richmond belted you) you have had the largest amount of hidings out of any team Geelong racked up over 200 points against you. Your team hasn't done anything for over 18 years in fact the last grand final you made Essendon slaughtered you and doubled your score. You even choked the easiest of games to secure finals last year hahaha

Brayshaw has a few years before caparisons to Weller are fair to Lachie. If a teenage first year draft pick is a superior player to an established and stacked preseason footballer then either the junior is a generational talent or the mature player is poor.

Lachie Weller is absolutely entitled to be employed where he wants to be, for the deal he is happy with. There's no sour feelings over that.

He has to make the money before the career is done.

Brayshaw is on track to be a better player I agree but get your hand off it, Weller had a s**t one last night but right now he is a better player than Brayshaw.

Similar in that Weller is comfortably a better player than Dow right now but I think Dow is a better talent. If Carlton had got Dow by trading Weller I`d be happy with the deal but still able to realise that as of 2018 mid year Weller is better

Get off your high horse you muppet your mob hasn't done anything since the 60's you have one reasonable year with an easy draw and start dishing out the insults typical Melbourne supporter. For the past 10 years besides this year well actually yes this year as well (Hawthorn and Richmond belted you) you have had the largest amount of hidings out of any team Geelong racked up over 200 points against you. Your team hasn't done anything for over 18 years in fact the last grand final you made Essendon slaughtered you and doubled your score. You even choked the easiest of games to secure finals last year hahaha
A gold coast supporter trying to tell another supporter that their team is shitter:rolleyes::rolleyes: now I've seen it all....

Keep going buddy! I'm just grabbing the popcorn!

Love how you ignore the facts and everything I said you can't even deny that it wasn't true Classic
You support Gold Coast... a cereal box team that will be demolished by 2020. You become irrelevant as each year passes by, your club stands for absolutely NOTHING! Your club is seriously a waste of TV time being on Fox Footy.. a bland and pathetic football club that will slowly just rot away in the background! And I'll take great pride in watching you guys just die a slow and painful death.

I'd rather watch womans footy on TV then the ******* s**t your club dishes up each week.

You support Gold Coast... a cereal box team that will be demolished by 2020. You become irrelevant as each year passes by, your club stands for absolutely NOTHING! Your club is seriously a waste of TV time being on Fox Footy.. a bland and pathetic football club that will slowly just rot away in the background! And I'll take great pride in watching you guys just die a slow and painful death.

I'd rather watch womans footy on TV then the ******* s**t your club dishes up each week.
Love to see your team Choke out of Top 8 again .

That’s a bit harsh mate, surely every club deserves to co exist. You’d be surprised to what the club means to ppl on the Gold Coast. You know yourself your clubs gone through hard ships where media and other supporters were calling for your head. I hope we are here to stay going forward becuase folding would be the easy option

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
I feel just as amused as I did at the time. No more, no less.

It's time for Freo to get unders!

--- Days pass ---

Here's pick 2.

Ok then.. I’m glad you feel amused.
Hopefully it’s out of your system now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back