Scandal Lachie Whitfield, Gubby Allan investigated for avoiding drug testers

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahmed Saad gets two years for drinking an energy drink - ends up screwing up his entire career.
Whitfield gets 6 months that begins now in the off-season. What the hell is this?

Yep it's atrocious. Sets a great precedent doesn't it?

I heard from a pretty reliable source that ex girlfriend is best mates with Ricky Nixon's old mate.......the st kilda school girl.

Six months ban for Whitfield - fair enough, but why backdate it? He'll be back in round 8. What punishment is that for rorting the drug testing system. AFL as weak as piss again. Should be out for the year - 6 months playing time. Weak AFL!
This.
Weak as piss AFL

Six months ban for Whitfield - fair enough, but why backdate it? He'll be back in round 8. What punishment is that for rorting the drug testing system. AFL as weak as piss again. Should be out for the year - 6 months playing time. Weak AFL!
Its not actually backdated, started on November 12, 6 months takes it through to round 8.

The statement from the AFL is BS, he can't be done for evading because he wasn't going to be tested during that time. If I'm approaching an RBT station, there is a chance I could be waved through and not be tested, if I then decide to take a side street to avoid the risk, I am still going to get done for evading even though I might not actually have to blow in the bag. The same should apply here, just because ASADA didn't knock on his door, doesn't mean he didn't evade testing.

Its not actually backdated, started on November 12, 6 months takes it through to round 8.

The statement from the AFL is BS, he can't be done for evading because he wasn't going to be tested during that time. If I'm approaching an RBT station, there is a chance I could be waved through and not be tested, if I then decide to take a side street to avoid the risk, I am still going to get done for evading even though I might not actually have to blow in the bag. The same should apply here, just because ASADA didn't knock on his door, doesn't mean he didn't evade testing.
100% agree. If anything, if you do evade an RBT (like Ben Cousins) when they finally catch up, they should impose a bigger penalty than the maximum that could have occurred just to act a deterrent to future evaders.

Why would any player who is on drugs or peds etc not just evade testers when the penalty is 6 months compared to 2 years.

GWS should also be coping a sanction. The officals were senior members so their actions should come back on the club similar to what occurs in business if a management commit breaches. The company cannot just blame managers and not get punished while in this case the punishment falls on other clubs instead.

While I agree with the sentiment, I think the evading/not evading call would have had to do with the relevant laws and regulations (not least those of WADA/ASADA) and the fear that if they pinned him for something they couldn't prove, he could go to the courts and they'd be struggle, which would effect both this case, and probably inspire future actions.

They get their punishments fair enough.

But you have to hand it to the AFL, somehow GWS gets the lightest of all penalties.
And he can train with them two months anyway.

Integrity thy name is AFL

They get their punishments fair enough.

But you have to hand it to the AFL, somehow GWS gets the lightest of all penalties.
And he can train with them two months anyway.

Integrity thy name is AFL
Lachie should feel like the biggest w***er in Australian sport specially getting two people involved and banned for 12 months and should beg for forgiveness from lambo and Gubby. Lachie is a number one draft pick spoilt brat dumb arse.

Lachie should feel like the biggest ****** in Australian sport specially getting two people involved and banned for 12 months and should beg for forgiveness from lambo and Gubby. Lachie is a number one draft pick spoilt brat dumb arse.
But other than that he's a good guy...

;)

I If I'm approaching an RBT station, there is a chance I could be waved through and not be tested, if I then decide to take a side street to avoid the risk, I am still going to get done for evading even though I might not actually have to blow in the bag. The same should apply here, just because ASADA didn't knock on his door, doesn't mean he didn't evade testing.

A comparable situation to Whitfield 'evasion' might be;
"You've had a few drinks but you're OK, you decide to take the alternative route home, longer, but where you've not seen RBT before. You know you're not over, its just, why have the hassle of blowing close."
Is that evading a RBT?

A comparable situation to Whitfield 'evasion' might be;
"You've had a few drinks but you're OK, you decide to take the alternative route home, longer, but where you've not seen RBT before. You know you're not over, its just, why have the hassle of blowing close."
Is that evading a RBT?

No, but mum really gets pissed off when you don't show up home for a few days because you've decided to stay at a mates place instead and not told her That's what your doing. Moreso when mums number one rule is that she knows where you are at all times - she is seriously going to kick your ass.

This is a fun game......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard from a pretty reliable source that ex girlfriend is best mates with Ricky Nixon's old mate.......the st kilda school girl.
Not true.
Check her F/B profile, fairly open, not a single photo of KD in there. Can't remember if friends list is visible but worth a look.

Nah not really keen on Facebook stalking.

mvqz_f-maxage-0.gif

Weak as piss and in love with their favourite child, the AFL softening the footy world up to do nothing to penalise GWS for their responsibility in the Whitfield sham.

See this afternoons press release on the AFL website, failed again AFL!

And we won't mention the Riverina academy rort!!!

Weak as piss and in love with their favourite child, the AFL softening the footy world up to do nothing to penalise GWS for their responsibility in the Whitfield sham.

See this afternoons press release on the AFL website, failed again AFL!

And we won't mention the Riverina academy rort!!!
Agree, the AFL will do everything it can to water down what should have been the correct level of penalty for GWS, at least a first round pick gone. We watch this space with interest.

when you don't show up home for a few days because you've decided to stay at a mates place instead and not told her

To keep you entertained...not a random mates place at all. Mum's got the number on speed-dial. All she's has to do is ring the club sanctioned welfare officer (in your analogy, that's another sibling) and ask, where is Lachie. He's here Mum.

The whole thing is a beat-up, to placate the other teams over (in hindsight and because of Giants good governance) overly generous draft concessions.

To keep you entertained...not a random mates place at all. Mum's got the number on speed-dial. All she's has to do is ring the club sanctioned welfare officer (in your analogy, that's another sibling) and ask, where is Lachie. He's here Mum.

The whole thing is a beat-up, to placate the other teams over (in hindsight and because of Giants good governance) overly generous draft concessions.

I couldn't care less either way - I was just enjoying the story telling.
AFL and integrity is a joke - would be interesting to know what someone or some club would need to do to not end up under the carpet with the rest of the crap that lives there and instead be made an example of immediately rather than only when the media get a whiff

You realise you're sprouting about the Giant's good governance in a thread about GWS players and officials getting banned for the exact opposite of that?

It's not a beat up to punish the Giants, if anything it's an example of the AFL protecting it's own baby.

You realise you're sprouting about the Giant's good governance in a thread about GWS players and officials getting banned for the exact opposite of that?

It's not a beat up to punish the Giants, if anything it's an example of the AFL protecting it's own baby.

Yeah, I realise. I haven't ever accepted the base premise on which the kerfuffle ensued; that he intentionally avoided the testers.
He went to the the club's officially sanctioned welfare officer, (the closest thing he had to Mum & Dad in a different city), a confused kid seeking welfare and respite. Craig Lambert offered both.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back