Universal Love Lachie Whitfield Love ❤️

Remove this Banner Ad

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
I’m a straight man but I feel I need to come out and declare my love for Lachie Whitfield!

Every game I have seen him play this year he has done some elite actions that you only see from the really top players.

His speed and skill is well found but his ability to see what’s in front of him and find team mates with limited time is truly incredible.

For a skinny bloke who has been through the ringer in his personal life and challenged to play an unfamiliar role, I reckon he has consistently been our best player this year and should be getting a lot more recognition.

The scary thing is I honestly believe he still has a few more levels to come and can establish himself as one of the best players in the comp...if he hasn’t already done so.

Apart from all this Lachie has been outspoken about his love of Sydney and of the club. He is a bloody legend and deserves a toast for his stellar year to date!

Great player and he still has some improvement left and playing back this year will provide him with the balance to become a more damaging player in years to come. I still think he needs to add muscle and a couple of times over the weekend he got caught HTB so maybe some more awareness is needed

Up there with Ward for most reliable players in the team this year certainly. I would think Ward would be leading the B&F, Lachie probably second.

I’m a straight man but I feel I need to come out and declare my love for Lachie Whitfield!

Every game I have seen him play this year he has done some elite actions that you only see from the really top players.

His speed and skill is well found but his ability to see what’s in front of him and find team mates with limited time is truly incredible.

For a skinny bloke who has been through the ringer in his personal life and challenged to play an unfamiliar role, I reckon he has consistently been our best player this year and should be getting a lot more recognition.

The scary thing is I honestly believe he still has a few more levels to come and can establish himself as one of the best players in the comp...if he hasn’t already done so.

Apart from all this Lachie has been outspoken about his love of Sydney and of the club. He is a bloody legend and deserves a toast for his stellar year to date!

2nd most complete footballer I’ve seen. James Hird is the most complete footballer I’ve seen.

BUMP

Best player in the comp, sign him up for life and make sure whatever we do there is ample cash for this fellow. The best of the lot by a space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to the Hawks board out of interest. Was not disappointed. Laughs for all. Though there is 1 or 2 trying to be sensible.
The rest? Nutters that wouldnt look out of place at Arkham Asylum.

Its a hell of a read lol.

Reading this level of entitled inner eastern butt soreness is guaranteed to bring a smile to your dial. There are UFO’s....UFO’s and Bigfoot’s I tells ya’.

Congrats on Whit re-signing, I'm expecting Cameron to follow shortly. I suspect you may lose a few further down the line but that's all the priorities locked away. A few of those young mids aren't going to get much of a chance unless injuries hit (again) and look to leave like Bonar. But you keep getting good draft picks back and keep drafting well. I don't think even Scully would be in your best 22 now, your midfield depth is exceptional. Is Zak Williams the next priority re-signing after Cameron?

Congrats on Whit re-signing, I'm expecting Cameron to follow shortly. I suspect you may lose a few further down the line but that's all the priorities locked away. A few of those young mids aren't going to get much of a chance unless injuries hit (again) and look to leave like Bonar. But you keep getting good draft picks back and keep drafting well. I don't think even Scully would be in your best 22 now, your midfield depth is exceptional. Is Zak Williams the next priority re-signing after Cameron?

After Jezza it would be Williams, Finlayson, Caldwell and Hately. Doubtful we can accommodate all of them so there will be some spillage but we have really good depth.

Jezza is super important as we have lost elite talent up forward in Lobb and Patton so we don’t have the depth we used to have there even though we did bring in young Riccardi to help there.

Yep Jezza then Zak. Both are essential.

Will see lose 1 or 2 of our 2nd and 3rd years to cover the re-signings and the draftees such as Green.

Reading this level of entitled inner eastern butt soreness is guaranteed to bring a smile to your dial. There are UFO’s....UFO’s and Bigfoot’s I tells ya’.
There is some whacky s**t in the second there, must get tin foil hats in their member packs

I have a feeling that we might lose Zac - someone will blow him out of the water with double what we can offer.

A one paced team like Melbourne could really offer him something tempting or dare I say it a Sydney Swans (they looked very closely at Ash in the draft to inject some pace).

He is very close to Lachie Whitfield and also Toj and Bobby Hill to so hopefully if we are in the ball park he can stick around. His metres gained and general agility is so valuable.

There is some whacky s**t in the second there, must get tin foil hats in their member packs
I couldn't help but reply to a few comments in that thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back