Remove this Banner Ad

exxcessivve

All Australian
Jan 19, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Essendon, Geelong, GWS, Port
As reported by Sam Edmund a while ago, and Cal Twomey today, GWS are open to conversations on Whitfield.

What’s he worth and who would want him? He has five years left on his deal, likely near $1mil per year.

I think StK and Hawthorn are possible destinations. Hawks were in the running when he was OOC and StK has cash to splash.

Wonder if the Swans would be interested if he doesn’t want to leave NSW.

Brett Deledio put it on record that he thought Lachie Whitfield to the saints as an outside chance a few weeks ago. Said it was more unlikely but one to watch out for

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure he's the profile you'd be after anyway? If it were a salary dump like bowes then absolutely but otherwise I'd think you're more focused on youth for the next year or two
100% dump other wise I wouldn't touch these two, ask for Pick 12 in return for taking the full contract. GWS can keep Hopper for another year and get a compensation pick next year which could end up being a top 5 pick.. unless they believe they will bounce back up.

Swap for Zac Williams if GWS include a pick. Otherwise zero interest.

GWS probably have 3 of the top 5 worst contracts in the game on their books. Rabble.

We've got the coin to absorb the contract. Concerns over his body for mine.
He is really tentative since the kidney injury, obviously conscious of how bad that could've been for him.

At his best Whitfield was a top 3 player in the competition, recently however he has been pretty deplorable (by his standards, still best XXII everywhere)

Interesting one that GWS have hamstrung themselves with.

Not sure why the Suns dont convince Hayes to move up north, just what they need bit of run-out of defence and spread the contract out a bit.

The Amanda Show Nicksplat GIF by NickRewind

Remove this Banner Ad

Back