Recommitted Lachie Whitfield [re-signed for 7 more years]

Yes. Pick 10 and next years first for Whitfield and nothing else back.

Pick 3 and next years first would obviously be better, but you're dreaming if you think you'll get pick 11 back.
3 + potential top 10 pick next year for Whitfield and 11 is better than 10 and Hawthorn’s pick next year when Mitchell comes back.

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
I have several ITKs saying he’s going to Hawthorn so I’m going to have to call bulls**t.
It’s done, take it to the bank.

He will sign a long term deal to stay at GWS, feel free to re quote my post when it’s announced.

Then we can all scratch our heads about their/Gil’s salary cap.

I would love nothing more than to see Whitfield play for the Hawks, but it’s done and dusted.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I don't even want Patton so it's a no from me haha.

f04.gif

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
The AFL just need to get you a proper coach, if you had Clarko instead of Leon you'd have a minimum 2 flags by now.
Yeah, nah. Clarkson has gone "Crazy Vossy" the last couple of years and it is blowing up in the Hawks face big time. Certainly doesn't have the magic touch he once did. I'd certainly like to move Cameron on but Clarkson isn't the answer.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
I don’t want to get through another whole 12 months of endless speculation. If Whitfield is going to re-sign then hurry up already! :$
Nah, we love to tease. Just think of the Cogs thread x2, on steroids, for the next 12 months. Just to have them both recommit. It's going to be gold!

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah, nah. Clarkson has gone "Crazy Vossy" the last couple of years and it is blowing up in the Hawks face big time. Certainly doesn't have the magic touch he once did. I'd certainly like to move Cameron on but Clarkson isn't the answer.
You'll only make an idiot of yourself suggesting Clarkson's not the best. Nobody who has a brain would agree with you.

"He doesn't have the magic touch he once did". Errr maybe it's actually the team that changed? Hmmm, checks out.

FWIW in this thread I don't expect to see Whitfield as a hawk. Mentioned years ago he was a Hawks fan and said his best mate was Billy Hartung (delisted with rumours of a little acrimony on his side). Plus I thought he was an absolute tosser for throwing his ex-girlfriend under the bus to get out of drug charges.

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
any evidence that he is wrong in what he said?

His ex was the one that threw him under the bus by the way.
You mean when she ate his homework... I mean he told his ex he had a migraine - wait no a drug habit, but then she ate his homework anyway.

It was one of the stupidest loads of crap ever concocted, and he's lucky to be playing before 2021.

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
You'll only make an idiot of yourself suggesting Clarkson's not the best. Nobody who has a brain would agree with you.

"He doesn't have the magic touch he once did". Errr maybe it's actually the team that changed? Hmmm, checks out.
Clarkson is not the best anymore. Not one finals win since 2015 and twice going out in straight sets speaks for itself.

Hawkie_McHawkHawk

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Clarkson is not the best anymore. Not one finals win since 2015 and twice going out in straight sets speaks for itself.
He can’t get out on the field himself, you know. Ever heard the term ‘rebuild’?
Imagine what he could do with your list and imagine where Hawthorn would finish with Leon Cameron.. it would be ugly.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I have several ITKs saying he’s going to Hawthorn so I’m going to have to call bulls**t.

Guy on our board who said Carlton were out of the running on Cogs on the Friday, then Hawthorn were seriously pissed off at Gil on the Saturday - then Kennett calls out Gil for meddling in free agency... has said hes confirmed with GWS.

So all of the ITK, he has a pretty good record.

My guess is at the minimum it means Hawthorn do not expect we will sign him. With no other club noise, him staying makes sense.

Its a magic pot of money at GWS. I wonder when the Commissioners ask Gil what hes doing. Cant imagine they are all happy.

And where are the club presidents? Unless Ambassador money is soon to be splashed around everywhere.

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
He can’t get out on the field himself, you know. Ever heard the term ‘rebuild’?
Imagine what he could do with your list and imagine where Hawthorn would finish with Leon Cameron.. it would be ugly.
Well the rebuild has shown nothing yet. And there's the not a lot to suggest Hawthorn are on the right track (aside from Wingard in the midfield).

And there's no point delving down that path of "what ifs" because neither would ever happen.

Hawkie_McHawkHawk

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well the rebuild has shown nothing yet. And there's the not a lot to suggest Hawthorn are on the right track (aside from Wingard in the midfield).

And there's no point delving down that path of "what ifs" because neither would ever happen.

Thats because rebuilds take time, just imagine winning 3 flags straight and 4 GFs in a row.. in all seriousness it will take G dub decades to achieve what Hawthorn did in 4 years.. If they are around that long.
Point being after climbing such an enormous mountain it takes time to reinvent yourself. Clarko has the runs on the board and doesn’t need to prove himself to anyone.

Back