Traded Lachie Young [traded in a three-way trade to North Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep I don't see this becoming anything nasty. His value will be minimal at trade and North would likely throw us a late pick with some nominal points value if it gets to that. I feel like our clubs may have bigger fish to fry as you're one of the likely teams eyeing off our pick 12 which could be used to enable the Brown deal or just outright traded up to by North
We have a KPF you can have for pick 12, interested?

Being young isn’t a automatic reason for becoming good or becoming better

I haven't said anything about Young being a certainty to develop into a good footballer.

I have though said that they're in a perfect position to give him game time and find out if he's got it in him.

They are paying Pittard a sh*t ton to not be in there list and devoting said list spot to a guy whose really not shown that much at all IMO

My understanding is Pittard didn't have a contract beyond 2020, so I'm not sure how you've come to the conclusion that they're paying him a cent in 2021.

You're not losing much on the field by having someone like Young there rather than Pittard, but you are saving a whole lot of money.

They need to be targeting a higher caliber of player then this really

I'm sure they are targeting a higher calibre of player, but given where they're at right now they have to be realistic about the calibre of footballer they're going to get over the next few years.

Bringing in Young doesn't exactly stop them from going after other targets.

CBF reading through all the posts but have north supporters already started the boasting that it’s only a matter of time before lachies brother Hayden joins the Roos ala what happened every year for about 8 years with David swallow ?

CBF reading through all the posts but have north supporters already started the boasting that it’s only a matter of time before lachies brother Hayden joins the Roos ala what happened every year for about 8 years with David swallow ?

Amazingly no.

Being young isn’t a automatic reason for becoming good or becoming better

They are paying Pittard a sh*t ton to not be in there list and devoting said list spot to a guy whose really not shown that much at all IMO

They need to be targeting a higher caliber of player then this really

OK this is a fairly simple post

1) what are we paying Pittard exactly? He was out of contract at the end of 2020 😂

2) who exactly should we be targeting, and more to the point, who of those would come? We've targeted multiple stars of the game in the past 3 years, when we were trying to rejuvenate a list that had just come off multiple seasons of finals (I.e. Potential promise to shoot up quickly) and high cap room, a stable coaching and football department staff, and we got NONE of them.
Now we are bottom 2, committed too rebuilding, and have no coach and minimal assistant coaches too really.

I dare say North have looked at getting in young stars from other clubs and been given a resounding no. This is a classic nothing lost pick up, for a potential 16-25th player on the list type player. He may also be delisted in 2 years, but it will have cost nothing so why not.

Any news on this move? Been no talk by the media on it for while now.

Any news on this move? Been no talk by the media on it for while now.
Honestly, I don’t think the media will care about an 8 gamer moving clubs. Probably get done for a pick upgrade at some point during trade week & trade radio might get 45 seconds of content out of it.

North probably delisted 4 or 5 blokes who are better players than Young. Odd move.

I will tell you this Schulzy my old, old friend.

I've never seen Young. I've never seen a kick or a handball. I've never seen his face or his hidden man bun until today.

But no, we didn't.

Last edited:
North probably delisted 4 or 5 blokes who are lesser players than Young. Odd move.
ISn't that what you want to do? delist lesser players than guys you'll be bringing in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have thought North would have had more use for Lewis Young, especially as the Dogs refuse to play him (or any other proper key defender).

I will tell you this Schulzy my old, old friend.

I've never seen Young. I've never seen a kick or a handball. I've never seen his face or his hidden man bun until today.

But no, we didn't.
I really think Lachie is a guy who will "click" if given an extended run at it. You'll be pleasantly surprised once you pump another 10-15 games into him.

I really think Lachie is a guy who will "click" if given an extended run at it. You'll be pleasantly surprised once you pump another 10-15 games into him.

I never saw it. Just doesn’t get involved enough at any level. Always hesitant when picking up guys who weren’t prolific ball getters at under 18s level.

I never saw it. Just doesn’t get involved enough at any level. Always hesitant when picking up guys who weren’t prolific ball getters at under 18s level.
I think he's got serious intercept ability and kicks the ball low and hard.TBH I saw him as a Wood understudy.

Would have thought North would have had more use for Lewis Young, especially as the Dogs refuse to play him (or any other proper key defender).
Would love for him to get opportunities ahead of Gardiner. He’s still very much got age on his side. Great kick, great mark but pretty soft at this stage.

But I do agree. Nothing I saw of young suggested he would be better than pittard

Then you weren't watching close enough.

Pittard, whilst decent in 2019, was absolutely ******* s**t this year. Along with all of our half backs other than McDonald, who pretty much carried the side down there.

Given the Dogs offered Young a contract extension and Pittard is a DFA, surely you would then be advocating picking up Pittard?

Then you weren't watching close enough.

Pittard, whilst decent in 2019, was absolutely ******* sh*t this year. Along with all of our half backs other than McDonald, who pretty much carried the side down there.

Given the Dogs offered Young a contract extension and Pittard is a DFA, surely you would then be advocating picking up Pittard?

The writing was on the wall for Jasper when we started playing him as a forward.

La Young will become alright, I like what little ive seen of him, hes just not getting opportunities with us. He will get games at north, and he'll improve. Given where north are at he'll also improve them.

And we get a playing ruck coach in return, exactly what we needed, win/win/win

Remove this Banner Ad

Back