Player Watch Lachlan Gollant - Contract Extension to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to see Lachie back for his first AFL game this year.
I like his skillset and hope he can get amongst the goals tomorrow.
Good luck

1044695.jpg

I fear that this could become a repeat of the Jack Gunston scenario.

He’s an AFL level talent.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he looks for more opportunity elsewhere

That's my prediction, unlikely to want to go into his last year of his contract not in Senior team waiting for Tex to drop off.

Someone will offer him two years or maybe even three and he will want out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like to see Gollant in the team, not really sure how we can accommodate him though. I know people are just going to say drop Murphy or whatever but they have almost nothing in common in terms of the role they play. Can Gollant, Fogarty, McAdam and Walker can all co-exist in the same forward line? We are genuinely pretty stacked in this area of the field, and his place is taken by either McAdam or Fogarty at present, until Walker is gone.

Only going from what I've seen at AFL level and his stats at SANFL level but I'm guessing he doesn't have the tank or isn't an accumulator to make it as a winger at AFL.

Looking at his height/weight, looks set as a 3rd tall. Given Tex - Thilthorpe - Fog, hard to see how it works which is a shame as I like what he's done and even the last game he played he kicked a couple for memory. Does make me wonder whether we should be using Thilthorpe up the ground at the moment given his struggles of late to really have any impact inside forward 50. But whether a structure change like that to bring Gollant is what it vs another move is difficult to say.

Only going from what I've seen at AFL level and his stats at SANFL level but I'm guessing he doesn't have the tank or isn't an accumulator to make it as a winger at AFL.

Looking at his height/weight, looks set as a 3rd tall. Given Tex - Thilthorpe - Fog, hard to see how it works which is a shame as I like what he's done and even the last game he played he kicked a couple for memory. Does make me wonder whether we should be using Thilthorpe up the ground at the moment given his struggles of late to really have any impact inside forward 50. But whether a structure change like that to bring Gollant is what it vs another move is difficult to say.

Wonder if we could try him as a third tall defender as he is a great mark and could be a good interceptor. I know he’s never played in defence but has the skills to do so, plus we need another defender in the team

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would like to see Gollant in the team, not really sure how we can accommodate him though. I know people are just going to say drop Murphy or whatever but they have almost nothing in common in terms of the role they play. Can Gollant, Fogarty, McAdam and Walker can all co-exist in the same forward line? We are genuinely pretty stacked in this area of the field, and his place is taken by either McAdam or Fogarty at present, until Walker is gone.
Add TT and the answer is no. Gollant could cover for Mc Adam or Fog

Wonder if we could try him as a third tall defender as he is a great mark and could be a good interceptor. I know he’s never played in defence but has the skills to do so, plus we need another defender in the team

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Played wing/half back/outside mid in his limited NAB League exposure for the Calder Cannons before we drafted him, from memory I don't recall him playing forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back