Past #46: Lachlan Hosie - delisted after 5 NM games/3 NM goals - thanks Hose

Remove this Banner Ad

Reginald0

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thanks Star. Not great for the local clubs but I don't mind this draft, don't love it mind, just okay about it. Would be massively, massively against a mid season trade period though - seems to fly in the face of all of the club loyalty feels that AFL thrives on.

Mmm
Tyson
Hall
Pittard
Campbell
Anderson
Williams
Hrovat
Jacobs

That’s 8

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
200.gif

Some of us still care about state league clubs.
It’s hardly fair to have star players ripped out mid-season.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It would seem logical to have a midseason trade period as opposed to a draft

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jindrrk

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2016
Macau
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
*, St Dwarves, Lolmond
78kg seems a bit light for 189cm, anyway, welcome to Nth, and good luck going forward.
Very if it's current weight.
22 already. Hopefully he'll put another 7-8 kgs on over the next couple of years. Even 85kgs is relatively light for someone that size.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Wasn’t there a strip club on Flinders St called Hosies ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I umm just checked with a mate, and he said yes. Corner of Elizabeth and Flinders street. Basement level strip joint. Apparently Candy and Trixie went alright. Is what my mate told me.

May 27, 2019 - CLUB STATEMENT: MID-SEASON DRAFT

The Glenelg Football Club wants to take the opportunity to congratulate Lachlan Hosie on being selected by North Melbourne in the mid-season draft, a well deserved and exciting outcome for him and his family and another great example of our football program developing talented footballers.

From a Club that has a rich history of producing large quantities of AFL draftees, we also have an obligation to our long standing members, supporters, volunteers, players, coaches and community to leave no stone un-turned to win SANFL League premierships. It is what we have existed for throughout our 100 year history. To this extent, the Club has been overwhelmed by the vast majority of the football loving public who have, ever since the mid-season draft was announced, condemned the decision of the AFL Commission to implement such a detrimental mechanism that compromises all State and local League competitions throughout Australia.

Whilst the AFL Commission runs the AFL competition, they have a responsibility to govern and protect the integrity of the game at all levels. We believe the mid–season draft compromises their obligations to support grass roots competitions. The Glenelg Football Club will continue to lobby the SANFL and the AFL, making them aware of our passionate supporters feedback and the impact their decision has on the integrity of the game. We are confident we will not be alone with this action and hope this will lead to the removal of the mid-season draft from 2020.

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
Some of us still care about state league clubs.
It’s hardly fair to have star players ripped out mid-season.

Oh I just wanted to use that gif. The mid-season draft is rubbish and just further underlines how little the AFL actually cares about football at state levels. Good on the palindromes for releasing that statement.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I umm just checked with a mate, and he said yes. Corner of Elizabeth and Flinders street. Basement level strip joint. Apparently Candy and Trixie went alright. Is what my mate told me.
I've heard from a source that it's now called dreams gentleman's club, has a more fancy look about it but it's not an iota of what it was.

My girlfriend at the time got me my first ever lapdance at hosies. If this lad is as memorable as all that he'll be a star

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The Glenelg Football Club wants to take the opportunity to congratulate Lachlan Hosie on being selected by North Melbourne in the mid-season draft, a well deserved and exciting outcome for him and his family and another great example of our football program developing talented footballers.

From a Club that has a rich history of producing large quantities of AFL draftees, we also have an obligation to our long standing members, supporters, volunteers, players, coaches and community to leave no stone un-turned to win SANFL League premierships. It is what we have existed for throughout our 100 year history. To this extent, the Club has been overwhelmed by the vast majority of the football loving public who have, ever since the mid-season draft was announced, condemned the decision of the AFL Commission to implement such a detrimental mechanism that compromises all State and local League competitions throughout Australia.

Whilst the AFL Commission runs the AFL competition, they have a responsibility to govern and protect the integrity of the game at all levels. We believe the mid–season draft compromises their obligations to support grass roots competitions. The Glenelg Football Club will continue to lobby the SANFL and the AFL, making them aware of our passionate supporters feedback and the impact their decision has on the integrity of the game. We are confident we will not be alone with this action and hope this will lead to the removal of the mid-season draft from 2020.
They’re kinda right, the mid season draft should be a trading period between afl clubs. Chance to trade players for draft picks and the like. Not poaching off other leagues.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome aboard The Other Lachie.

As for the state league clubs affected, maybe the club who’s drafted their player could be obliged to loan a fringe developing listed player back to them for the remainder of the season?

Anyway, I hope Hosie becomes the second coming at North.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Welcome aboard The Other Lachie.

As for the state league clubs affected, maybe the club who’s drafted their player could be obliged to loan a fringe developing listed player back to them for the remainder of the season?

Anyway, I hope Hosie becomes the second coming at North.
Not sure the AFLPA would sign that one off, TT.

I'd be fine seeing it scrapped in exchange for a trade season though. It's not fair on the lower leagues, especially if clubs are just going to warehouse them. Hosie goes from being Glenelg's leading goalkicker to someone that is unlikely to play a game this year for North. What's bad for the lower leagues is bad for football across the nation, AFL needs to see the forest for the trees here.

If they keep it the SANFL/WAFL/VFL clubs should be able to nominate the best players that they don't want to lose mid-season, like have a top 3-5 that are contractually not allowed to nominate. If they're good enough they'll get a chance at the end of the year which gives clubs time to find a replacement for the next season.

Not happy Jan!

This may sound silly, but a player who is wanted at AFL level will end up at AFL level, be in in May or October. Is there such a dramatic difference?
Could cost a club a premiership I suppose - if you have a player plaing well and lose him halfway through the season, you have to make big changes. I understand their wrath.

This may sound silly, but a player who is wanted at AFL level will end up at AFL level, be in in May or October. Is there such a dramatic difference?
Yeah. If you were a team in the hunt for a flag and one of your key players copped a season-ending injury in May as opposed to doing it post-season, that's a massive difference.

The Big O

Team Captain
Sep 8, 2005
Oysterville
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Branxholm Wanderers
He looks a bit more solid than 189cm/78kg in the few shots and bits of footage going around.

That can be deceiving though. Ben McKay looked like Schwarzenneger from the photos posted here, saw him in the Victory Room a few weeks ago and he was built more like Stephen Merchant.
That's why he struggles in one on one's. Look at those shoulders!
4b7edd3517066b4c752d8e8f6daf4cb3.jpeg

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I barrack for South Adelaide & we’ve just lost our second ruckman to the Swans in a matter of months.
Taken at pick 4 tonight after winning best on ground as the state ruckman a week ago. It could severely hamper our shot at winning the flag.

The other side of the evening is Glenelg (our main threat for the premiership) just lost their league leading goal kicker.

Just read that apparently if a drafted player goes to a club that doesn't make the finals eg North he can return to the original club if that team has made the finals. Trying to find another source.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back