Player Watch Pick #16 (2020, match NGA bid) - Lachie Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting when he gets an opportunity, plays in a position we are very strong in the best 22.

Probably depends on how long Burton can stay fit for.

Will be interesting when he gets an opportunity, plays in a position we are very strong in the best 22.

Probably depends on how long Burton can stay fit for.

Lol, if it depends how long Burton stays fit then he'll play 22 games this year.

Goddam. Ollie, Lach and SPP are a bloody scary trio. And to think we will get another first round player for peanuts in burgoyne. Future looks bright.
Personally, I reckon Jonas is the scariest of the lot. he is a big, heavy, strong unit. It's why he can still play so well against taller players. If you are standing a mark & you hear him coming, the temptation would seriously be to get out of there!

Personally, I reckon Jonas is the scariest of the lot. he is a big, heavy, strong unit. It's why he can still play so well against taller players. If you are standing a mark & you hear him coming, the temptation would seriously be to get out of there!
yep old school footballer. when he hits you you know about it. perfect bloke to be captain

The news that LJ finished up the pointy end of the time trial blew me away. This boy seems to have it all:

Speed
Burst of speed
Can play tight in defence
Can intercept in defence
Can mark
Can kick

And now it seems he has the endurance capacity of a midfielder.

Very, very exciting.

The news that LJ finished up the pointy end of the time trial blew me away. This boy seems to have it all:

Speed
Burst of speed
Can play tight in defence
Can intercept in defence
Can mark
Can kick

And now it seems he has the endurance capacity of a midfielder.

Very, very exciting.
Tackles like a demon
Has great core strength (ala Ollie Wines)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goddam. Ollie, Lach and SPP are a bloody scary trio. And to think we will get another first round player for peanuts in burgoyne. Future looks bright.

Is Jase really a first round draft pick, and why? Honest question. I haven't been able to rate him compared to who else will be available. I read an interview where he says he likes to play down back or maybe half forward. I'm wondering how many of those kinds of players we can fit into the team. We seem to have a few already, plus they seem to be training positions for young players. I would assume he has got speed and run so that will be welcomed.

It would be great to have a F/S forward who is 193cm plus. We don't have any sure backups for Dixon when he breaks down or starts to decline physically.

Last edited:
Regarding burgs It depends on his form and the form of others whether he will be a 1st rounder.

I view him as a 1st round talent in terms of quality of player he is... but the high quality of the early candidates is a factor in where someone gets picked.

Jase was in his underage u/18 year meaning 17 this year , draft age next year.
He was one of the highest possession winners in the league off half back and finished high in the medal count . Season coming he’s expected to make his senior debut and with his bloodline that makes him a high pick.
Could be a bit of a natural for a wing he’s quite tall but lightly builtat The moment

Jase was in his underage u/18 year meaning 17 this year , draft age next year.
He was one of the highest possession winners in the league off half back and finished high in the medal count . Season coming he’s expected to make his senior debut and with his bloodline that makes him a high pick.
Could be a bit of a natural for a wing he’s quite tall but lightly builtat The moment
???
He is eligible for the 2021 draft. Or are you still putting 2020 on your receipts, payments, cheques etc.

I was one disappointed by all the photos of him drinking in the preseason but credit where credit is due, he looks in absolute great shape
Yeah, what was he thinking going out & having a drink with his Port mates! Geez, he might have been snapped having some dinner too!

These young lads will never learn.

What i love the most is almost every training pic he is lining up on Dixon. The best thing about it, he would of fronted up to Hinkley and asked for it. Learn off our best All Australian forward and use it whe. it comes to the big time

Love it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back