Player Watch Pick #16 (2020, match NGA bid) - Lachie Jones

Windy Cindy

Premiership Player
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep you’d think so coz with Drew likely going up to replace SPP our SANFL midfield isn’t looking too strong.

id play him instead of drew, much more upside. Play Houston as mid and jones off the back flank.. he’s too good to play in the sanfl.

Windy Cindy

Premiership Player
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He’s the bloke we been crying out for who can shut down small forwards like betts and yet also play on taller players.

the bloke that eventually could play on a dusty type and beat him for power and speed

bringbackbucky

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Good luck to the kid. Excited to see him play.
Hope he has his sights set on becoming a Brownlow winning mid rather than settling for a Hartlettesque career on the HBF...

Lefti93

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, AEK FC
How pumped must Lachie be

Port supporter growing up, being drafted to your team and then getting the debut nod against the reigning premier at Adelaide Oval in front of a big (covid reduced) crowd prime time Friday Night

Hope he has a cracker of a game!
on his birthday!

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Congratulations on your impending debut Lachie! Couldn't pick a tougher opponent, hey?
Yep it's a gulp from me.

Anyway congrats m8 and no need to be nervous because I'll do all the worrying for you. Dimma will probably throw Dusty onto him and drag him deep.

Beginning to wonder if he had a hammy a few weeks back coz I'd have run him back in via the Maggies. Maybe it was a hammy awareness.

Jones wearing the Prison Bars in training this week
1617864424325.png

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
So excited for what Jones will bring over his career. I think he’ll be a favorite across the whole league with his physicality and no *s approach.

A big part of the rise of the front running, knock on, phone box handballing s**t in the game is because there is no longer a physical price to pay. Someone like Jones who can and will legally hurt players for doing that is an asset and a god send.

The Bute Brute. Love him already.

Back