Player Watch Pick #16 (2020, match NGA bid) - Lachie Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

So excited for what Jones will bring over his career. I think he’ll be a favorite across the whole league with his physicality and no fu**s approach.

A big part of the rise of the front running, knock on, phone box handballing sh*t in the game is because there is no longer a physical price to pay. Someone like Jones who can and will legally hurt players for doing that is an asset and a god send.

The Bute Brute. Love him already.
He looks the typical old-style, no-fuss Port Adelaide Magpies player of the 70's and 80's .... looking forward to watching his career unfold.

We knew the defensive aspects were there. Best thing for me was seeing him adjust almost in real time to the speed of disposal required at this level. For a bigger body to do that in game one is a bloody good sign.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The effort in the final quarter in the defensive 50 when he was outnumbered, only to win the ball and to make the right disposal - it was amazing for a first gamer.

Clearly going to make the grade. Needs to clean up his disposal a touch but there's plenty to like about him.

Best thing I like about him is that you know he is not going to shirk a contest. He's an enforcer - and you need those types across the ground, particularly in September.

The effort in the final quarter in the defensive 50 when he was outnumbered, only to win the ball and to make the right disposal - it was amazing for a first gamer.

Clearly going to make the grade. Needs to clean up his disposal a touch but there's plenty to like about him.

Best thing I like about him is that you know he is not going to shirk a contest. He's an enforcer - and you need those types across the ground, particularly in September.
Amazing seeing a first gamer make players nervous!

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He and SPP have a Hardwick, Pickett, Carr, Wilson feel about them! Going to enjoy watching the two of them strut their stuff throughout the years to come

The Brute was Bute tonight. As per Swamp's tweet only the 4th player in V/AFL history to make his debut on his birthday against the reigning premier. And on a Friday Night at home and in front of a national audience. can't get much of a bigger stage in a minor round game to debut.

Showed some of his teammates how to play with energy early on when we were flat. Did some important chase downs in the last quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back