Player Watch Lachlan Murphy - 100 Games!

Remove this Banner Ad

What he provides is important for team balance, currently. We don’t need him to be a goal threat now, we need him to provide smart disposal, particularly going ,I50 as well as run and defensive pressure. All of which he’s doing

Definitely in the lower end of our 22, but he’s playing an important role as it stands

Yes, a trier and these efforts do not always show up in the headline stats. Murphy is on the edge selection wise and these efforts only enhance his chances of retaining his position going forward. He will eventaully be overtaken but is playing an important role atm.
Sure, but at this point he has played enough games for us to know what he is capable of, good and bad. He isn't suddenly going to start kicking 3 to 5 goals a game, or lacing out players on the lead 5 time a game. He will run hard, chase and tackle. He will kick the odd goal here and there and have some good games and some not good games. He is a good depth player but as I said, our team becomes alot better if we replace him with Pickett. You are hitting the pipe too much if you don't agree with that.

There is a reason we sent fending off multiple raiding attempts from other teams trying to get him.

Sure, but at this point he has played enough games for us to know what he is capable of, good and bad. He isn't suddenly going to start kicking 3 to 5 goals a game, or lacing out players on the lead 5 time a game. He will run hard, chase and tackle. He will kick the odd goal here and there and have some good games and some not good games. He is a good depth player but as I said, our team becomes alot better if we replace him with Pickett. You are hitting the pipe too much if you don't agree with that.

There is a reason we sent fending off multiple raiding attempts from other teams trying to get him.
And your Pickett hope is likely a "pipe" dream...

What he provides is important for team balance, currently. We don’t need him to be a goal threat now, we need him to provide smart disposal, particularly going ,I50 as well as run and defensive pressure. All of which he’s doing

Definitely in the lower end of our 22, but he’s playing an important role as it stands
When the matches heat up he seems to be right there with his best parts of the night which is interesting.

And your Pickett hope is likely a "pipe" dream...
Probably, but my point stands that his position in the team can be improved upon.
You don't think Pickett is levels better than Murphy? You wouldn't swap out Pickett for him?

For what it's worth I think Pickett would look at Port before us, as Uncle Byron works there and is a major influence on him.
Doesn't mean we don't try to get him.

Can never doubt his effort or his courage. He needs to lobby Champion Data to have smothers count toward metres gained!
Fair point - a good smother is like X metres gained. Although the value of X would be hard to determine.
Agree with the thought in a metaphorical sense, absolutely!

He wants his spot and isn't giving it up without a fight. Throws absolutely everything into it. Those smothers have been exceptional, team lifting

I haven't been a fan of his but he's playing well and won't be dropped in a hurry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me too!!!! :)

Maybe even GK is starting to soften up?
Crikey that’s an old bump.

He is playing his role well, if you go back far enough you’ll see that I would have liked to see him as small defender.

I don’t believe he’s a small forward like how we played him previously but he is playing his role really well pushing up the ground.

I rate McAdam a lot and that’s why I wanted him in as I believe he would make our forward line insane.

Crikey that’s an old bump.

He is playing his role well, if you go back far enough you’ll see that I would have liked to see him as small defender.

I don’t believe he’s a small forward like how we played him previously but he is playing his role really well pushing up the ground.

I rate McAdam a lot and that’s why I wanted him in as I believe he would make our forward line insane.
Yeah but me and DJ75 love Hamish! :D:heart:

This article might explain Lachie's role in the team currently and why the coaching panel hold in high regard what he brings to the table and also the commitment the bloke has to getting everything out of himself..

No chance he gets delisted at year's end as some suggest.

This article might explain Lachie's role in the team currently and why the coaching panel hold in high regard what he brings to the table and also the commitment the bloke has to getting everything out of himself..

Wonderful read. Thank you.

Who has him on the delist pile?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back