Delisted #41 Lachlan Rankin

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
In a pre draft interview, Rankin says he's more than happy to go interstate and sees it as a challenge. Swans were the first of 4 clubs he'd spoken to the most so he just of had a fair idea we were keen on him.
Sure, they say that now. Then after a while they improve and catch the eye of their home state teams and all of a sudden its the 'I miss my family' card.
/cynical rant

He will be the best player in the comp with "Rankin" in his name. No disrespect to Izak Rankine, but the only time Rankin and Rankine will be used in the same sentence is when people are rankin Rankin above Rankine

Sure, they say that now. Then after a while they improve and catch the eye of their home state teams and all of a sudden its the 'I miss my family' card.
/cynical rant

Pretty much read off the go to script for those at the bottom end of the draftable pool.
/urrkhhh .. my cynical rant.

/cynical rant
Yep the exact thought I had when I read the article.
Didn't Judas Dawson say something similar when he was drafted? Or am I just being a cynical old lady with a leaning toward revisionist history?

How about 'The Rankin File' as a suffix for this thread? Then if he turns into a star, just add a "More than just" before that.
er um, but don't you think "rank and file" sort of implies "ordinary"?????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 9, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
er um, but don't you think "rank and file" sort of implies "ordinary"?????

Buddy… JPK… Parks… nothing ordinary about them but they are still part of our rank and file in the trenches each weekend?
Different interpretations I suppose but I like a little word play and henceforth, there will be a file on the Swans hard-drive named Rankin so why not.

FWIW I’m with a few others here that see Lachy as a bit of a darkhorse from this draft. Good luck young man!

Buddy… JPK… Parks… nothing ordinary about them but they are still part of our rank and file in the trenches each weekend?
Different interpretations I suppose but I like a little word play and henceforth, there will be a file on the Swans hard-drive named Rankin so why not.

FWIW I’m with a few others here that see Lachy as a bit of a darkhorse from this draft. Good luck young man!
Bloods86 how about Blood Rankin File

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Can someone explain to me what are his weaknesses? Is it accumulation, consistency, or something else.

Just want to know what he needs to improve on to make it at afl level.

Can someone explain to me what are his weaknesses? Is it accumulation, consistency, or something else.

Just want to know what he needs to improve on to make it at afl level.

These are his areas of improvement according to Draft Central.

Speaking of a light frame, that is arguably one area Rankin will look to enhance. He weighed in at 68kg at the start of the year and is quite proficient on the outside, but can certainly add some muscle to ensure his crumbing game and competitiveness translate to higher levels. He is not unfamiliar with featuring at the centre bounces and has the nous and work rate to thrive there, but can also develop his inside craft as he grows.

I don't want to be dramatic but I think this kid might be the best player we've ever drafted.

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't want to be dramatic but I think this kid might be the best player we've ever drafted.
george is confused.jpg

don't want to be dramatic but I think this kid might be the best player we've ever drafted.

No pressure on the kid. He is clever. The chicken wing tackles against bigger opponents show that.

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
These are his areas of improvement according to Draft Central.

Speaking of a light frame, that is arguably one area Rankin will look to enhance. He weighed in at 68kg at the start of the year and is quite proficient on the outside, but can certainly add some muscle to ensure his crumbing game and competitiveness translate to higher levels. He is not unfamiliar with featuring at the centre bounces and has the nous and work rate to thrive there, but can also develop his inside craft as he grows.

I'd be happy with a permanent top 22 player not that I want to undermine optimism.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back