Player Watch Lachlan Sholl

Remove this Banner Ad

So disappointed in how he's gone this year. Was looking really promising, hope he can turn it around. I assume our development coaches are helping him work on the defensive side of his game
You can't coach toughness

He is just not aggressive enough over the footy

He can't break tackles, or stick tackles

On CPH2211 using BigFooty.com mobile app

You can't coach toughness

He is just not aggressive enough over the footy

He can't break tackles, or stick tackles
I thought of a number of our players but particularly Sholl, McAsey and Jones when I was watching the fierceness of Swans/Melb and Geel/Pies matches.

Occurred to me that they would melt in those furnaces of games, but that is the standard our players need to be up to, or we don't go far.

If Carlton offer something vaguely reasonable for Sholl and McAsey, off you go.

Jones will get us a compo pick from Tassie, if we keep him long enough!

I thought of a number of our players but particularly Sholl, McAsey and Jones when I was watching the fierceness of Swans/Melb and Geel/Pies matches.

Occurred to me that they would melt in those furnaces of games, but that is the standard our players need to be up to, or we don't go far.

Jones doesn't lack for toughness. He lacks composure under heat though.

Agree re Sholl and McAsey, but there aint nuthin wrong with Chayce's agrression or fierceness at the contest. He's one of our best in that regard.

Agree re Sholl and McAsey, but there aint nuthin wrong with Chayce's agrression or fierceness at the contest. He's one of our best in that regard.
It wasn't about toughness, it's about the ability to absorb the pressure and still make the correct decision and execute. I watch what he does in games closely and Jones looks lost a lot of the time even without much pressure being applied.

Those three would melt in finals, get what we can for them now

It wasn't about toughness, it's about the ability to absorb the pressure and still make the correct decision and execute. I watch what he does in games closely and Jones looks lost a lot of the time even without much pressure being applied.

Fierceness = absorb the pressure and still make the correct decision and execute?

fierceness

fierceness
noun [ U ]

UK

/ˈfɪəs.nəs/ US

/ˈfɪrs.nəs/

the quality of being physically violent and frightening:
He pulled my face to his with a sudden fierceness.
Leaked video clips from soldiers in the field have brought home the fierceness of the fighting.
the quality of being strong and powerful:
The fierceness of the storm was unexpected.
Firefighters were unable to reach the woman because of the fierceness of the flames.
involving strong feeling or energetic activity:
I was impressed by the fierceness of his desire to win.
Laurie brings a fierceness to the role that one would have never predicted from his past work.

Keep digging

I never thought Sholl was particularly damaging by foot. He seemed to always hit the short/easy pass.

That combined his lack of speed/strength makes it hard to forge a good career.

I still remember that miss against Carlton at Marvel from a couple of years back. Running towards an empty goal and sprays it wide. Ruined a potential comeback.

He is a poor mans Atkins.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't mind the weakness/softness if he was lightning quick.

I'm more than happy to have a pure outside player with good kicking skills with express pace.

Unfortunately he is weak and kinda slow, that's the worst combination to have. He has to run like crazy for long distances just to lose his player to be able to use his weapon of kicking.

This can't be kept up and he is drained and becomes even weaker throughout a game and definitely as the season wears on.

Jones isn't soft!

I never thought Sholl was particularly damaging by foot. He seemed to always hit the short/easy pass.

That combined his lack of speed/strength makes it hard to forge a good career.

I still remember that miss against Carlton at Marvel from a couple of years back. Running towards an empty goal and sprays it wide. Ruined a potential comeback.

He is a poor mans Atkins.

Sholl covers for more ground than Atkins!

He is a hard running outside player.

Also, unlike Atkins he is dual sided.

Sholl started the year ok... but faded out.

Don't think his attitude is an issue, more hardening up his body for AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sholl covers for more ground than Atkins!

He is a hard running outside player.

Also, unlike Atkins he is dual sided.

Sholl started the year ok... but faded out.

Don't think his attitude is an issue, more hardening up his body for AFL.

Atkins played consistent AFL footy and was a pretty good winger for a few years. Lots of tricks and ran the wings very well.

Sholl is a flash in the pan.

Sorry not correct on jones he is tough. other faults but toughness isn't one of them.

Atkins played consistent AFL footy and was a pretty good winger for a few years. Lots of tricks and ran the wings very well.

Sholl is a flash in the pan.

Ultimately neither spectacular and with significant deficiencies, but better than most at the very back end of the draft. Both worth a try, but not worth keeping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back