athletes

Name -
Lachlan Whitfield
Height - 182cm
Weight - 71kg
DOB - 18/07/1994
Position - Midfielder
Club - Dandenong Stingrays (Vic)

gun, I'd say he will be better than O'Meara.

Top 5 next year. I absolutely love what I saw this year. Great distance runner with a knowledge of where to go. Good shoe, very hard match up. Love next years draft pool, chuck Crouch and O'Meara back in there and you have a VERY good set of kids.

Top 5 next year. I absolutely love what I saw this year. Great distance runner with a knowledge of where to go. Good shoe, very hard match up. Love next years draft pool, chuck Crouch and O'Meara back in there and you have a VERY good set of kids.

Whitfield is lightyears ahead of Crouch imo.

At this stage, Whitfield is the clear #1, with or without O'Meara imo.
Probably only in your opinion.

Nothing clear about it.

O'Meara has him covered in pace, agility, disposal by hand and foot, defensively as well as his ability in front of goals.

I like Whitfield, but O'Meara is a better player now at the same age and with his natural athletic advantage I think there is every chance it could stay that way.

Would've been very interesting to see who GC would've selected if Lachie was born Jan-Apr, with Adelaide choosing the latter.

Im in partial agreement. All three are gems, Crouch slightly behind the other two. I favour Whitfield over O'meara although they are very different players. Cant agree about disposal. O'meara's a little more hard bodied/bit better in close being an inside type but Whitfield is the best disposal both sides of anyone in this or next years draft IMO. Great time to be a footy watcher. Three very exciting prospects.
Don't agree.

There are better than both Whitfield and O'Meara.

Garlett for instance is easily a better kick than Whitfield.

Don't agree.

There are better than both Whitfield and O'Meara.

Garlett for instance is easily a better kick than Whitfield.

All I can say is that next years pool of kids will run very deep...........So deep that Rds 2 & 3 will be like a rd 1 pick! Plenty of good FOOTBALLERS from all states.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have only seen Whitfield play once and he was ripping it up. just always wanted the ball.

Any news on how he is traveling?

I've just got a couple of queries on him from a leadership and contested/aggressive side of things, I've only seen him live twice mind you... so maybe I caught him on an off day(s).

I think a Toumpas, Stringer or Vlatsuin would be a better option ... but that's just me personally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back