Roast Lack of North Melbourne merchandise at AFL venues/online shop

* off AFL
Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
Trying to buy North Melbourne merchandise at the footy, is very much like trying to find a needle in a haystack. If anyone here has visited the MCG store in recent times, they would tell you how embarrassingly small the North Melbourne section is. Now granted, it is understandable for North not to have as much on sale as the MCG tenant clubs, however there is no justification for there being less North Melbourne gear than the Gold Coast Suns ffs. If you go on the AFL Online Store, you will soon discover a similar issue. I know this issue seems very minute, however I can’t help but feel annoyed at the purposeful lack of marketing for our club. I even looked on the store the other day, where these retro themed beer steins were on sale. Naturally I was interested in purchasing a North Melbourne themed one, only to of course run into the typical issue of North being one of the only clubs to not have a beer stein for sale. So to conclude my post, I would like to say two things.

1. * you AFL
2. When can I get my North Melbourne beer stein?

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well this is the way things are because we are hated with a passion by all supporters of all clubs,the media led by people like Eddie McGuire Roaming Brian Taylor Caroline Wilson John Ralph and the AFL it's self.
This sport rather see clubs like Melbourne who god dam cheated to move up the ladder with priority picks and drug based club like Essendon win a flag before us which hopefully doesn't happen.
Plus we had a guy called Wayne Carey play for us that's we are hated who got booed every week who didn't complain once.
So what happens with merchandise will continue to happen just go to the North shop at Arden street buy it there and F:ck the AFL

Roo Shop. Support the Club. 10% discount with membership.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Agree completely.

There are 4 places to buy North merch.
1 Arden St in the physical Rooshop
2 Through the online Rooshop
3 At a home game there will be a club affiliated shop inside the ground (gate 7) and outside the ground next to the membership van.
4 from other Roo supporters - likely to be more random and more rare type things

If you want something specific contact the Rooshop the details are on the shop website.

Please contact us using the following email address:

customerservicenorth@infiniteretail.com

You can also call us on the following number:

+61 2 8866 6407

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Roo Shop. Support the Club. 10% discount with membership.

10% discount doesn't mean anything when you consider the over inflated tag prices.

I have bought very little from that place in recent years. Predominately because the stuff is crap looking. They can bang the pink, orange, aqua & camo crap up their clacker. I got the first 2 hoodies and they crap all over everything they have brought out since.

.........and besides, I don't like having my AFL focused money shunted in to bullshit non AFL projects, so parasites with no prior connection to this club can make a living off it..

Last edited:

rooboyy

Debutant
Aug 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
10% discount doesn't mean anything when you consider the over inflated tag prices.

I have bought very little from that place in recent years. Predominately because the stuff is crap looking. They can bang the pink, orange, aqua & camo crap up their clacker. I got the first 2 hoodies and they crap all over everything they have brought out since.

.........and besides, I don't like having my AFL focused money shunted in to bulls**t non AFL projects, so parasites with no prior connection to this club can make a living off it..
Where tf did the orange come from though? And all the cameo and chux dishcloth looking hoodies. Looks ridiculous should just be the blue and white(whether that being stripes or full blue and white colours), and at most a little bit of black highlights just to make it look a bit nicer.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Where tf did the orange come from though? And all the cameo and chux dishcloth looking hoodies. Looks ridiculous should just be the blue and white(whether that being stripes or full blue and white colours), and at most a little bit of black highlights just to make it look a bit nicer.
Been that way since the Canterbury sponsorship I believe.

I just tell myself it's because we are so popular it's sold out.

giphy.gif

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Putrid shite mate.

The graphic designer at North should be taken out and shot.

PUT JASPER IN CHARGE!

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
The one I was after had our 'Bounding Roo' logo on it, from the 90's. Small difference I know, but when I looked at how cool the other clubs ones were, I was annoyed that North didn't have one. Even when I walked into that football store near Marvel Stadium, the one team they didn't have was of course North Melbourne.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners

.........and besides, I don't like having my AFL focused money shunted in to bulls**t non AFL projects, so parasites with no prior connection to this club can make a living off it..
I collect our guernseys. Something I have done for a while. Apart from that I will grab the occasional New Era hat or beanie. Don't mind the training shorts for summer if they look ok.

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
I suppose it all started going South when they separated the magnet from the fridge calendar. It always starts with the little things ... and WHAM! Before you know it, no beer stein and no retro top. 🤔

Before long North Melbourne fans will be buying our club merchandise off the back of a truck from a dodgy Asian looking bloke named 'Bob'. 😬

Back