Lack of spinners in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny you should mention that:

151.6 Lovely loopy slider from Katich who picks his second wicket. It looped up outside off, good rip on the ball and Steyn drove inside the line and edged it to slip. Questions will be asked why Ponting didn't bring Kato on earlier. Was the bowler reluctant or the captain? Press conference should be interesting later on. 637/9
Katich was an extremely underused and underrated bowling option imo.

lyon and ashwin have what 800 test wickets between them? They both struggled at the scg as it was a road swepson would have been thumped on that deck.

Lyon looks handy at times in the 4th innings. Average of 45 was a bit underwhelming however.

Does Hazelwood or another quick come in as the 4th bowler or is it swepson again?

Starc did well enough to clamp his no.2 quick spot.

I assume it too early to see Radhakrishnan

Lyon looks handy at times in the 4th innings. Average of 45 was a bit underwhelming however.

Does Hazelwood or another quick come in as the 4th bowler or is it swepson again?

If they had their time again I'm sure Hoff would have played.

Hahaha. Keep moving those goal posts

If they had their time again I'm sure Hoff would have played.

Hazlewood is really just a holding bowler on subcontinental pitches TBH.

He fares best on wickets which offer bounce, seam and reasonable pace, all of which are quite often unavailable on the subcontinent.

Boland would IMO have been a better call because his ability to angle the ball in and move it both ways keeps the batsmen on their toes, plus he's had to forge a career on slow, low wickets. It's no coincidence that the Lahore pitch was prepared by the MCG's curator.

Its pretty simple, Asian teams have no fast bowlers because they produce spinning tracks in there domestic games while NZ, Australia and England have no spinners because there domestic games are all fast tracks and the spinners with potential just get whacked out the park.

Its pretty simple, Asian teams have no fast bowlers because they produce spinning tracks in there domestic games while NZ, Australia and England have no spinners because there domestic games are all fast tracks and the spinners with potential just get whacked out the park.

Pakistan & India are full of excellent pace bowlers

I think you could make a case nz and england certainly produce test pitches that lock spinners out of the game, i actually find it odd nz gets so little criticism of their test decks when they have basically eliminated spin from their test matches at home.

We know when india produce a deck that has nothing from ball one for quicks they cop it yet nz decks are for quicks early then batsmen later and i think it's part of the reason they struggle in places like australia, our test decks at least allow quality spinners to thrive even if our domestic decks aren't well set up to produce them.

Hazlewood is really just a holding bowler on subcontinental pitches TBH.

He fares best on wickets which offer bounce, seam and reasonable pace, all of which are quite often unavailable on the subcontinent.

Boland would IMO have been a better call because his ability to angle the ball in and move it both ways keeps the batsmen on their toes, plus he's had to forge a career on slow, low wickets. It's no coincidence that the Lahore pitch was prepared by the MCG's curator.

Yeah all fair enough points tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back