Lacklustre Post Match Club Songs

Remove this Banner Ad

Cincinnatus

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Every week I am reminded of how the modern crop of self-centred mercenaries are killing off footy traditions with their complete and utter apathy to anything but giving media interviews in pursuit of some side cash from their already inflated contracts.

Outside of s**t clubs getting their first win for the season (Brisbane last week for example) or a rare win or a team winning a final, you wouldnt find a single prick who actually gives a s**t about putting some effort into the song.

Sounds like they couldnt care less about a win that makes fans heart race and hang on. Where's the celebration? Where's the feeling?

These mercenaries wont stop until the song is gone, the ruck is gone and we revert to an 8 week season, with 3 byes and 12 minutes quarters and the minimum contract is 1 mil per season and players can exit their contract anytime they want.

Yes im dealing with the big issues.

* the AFLPA and * apathy.

EDIT - ok Essendon sounded alright but that sorta fits into "s**t club getting a rare win"

Every week I am reminded of how the modern crop of self-centred mercenaries are killing off footy traditions with their complete and utter apathy to anything but giving media interviews in pursuit of some side cash from their already inflated contracts.

Outside of s**t clubs getting their first win for the season (Brisbane last week for example) or a rare win or a team winning a final, you wouldnt find a single prick who actually gives a s**t about putting some effort into the song.

Sounds like they couldnt care less about a win that makes fans heart race and hang on. Where's the celebration? Where's the feeling?

These mercenaries wont stop until the song is gone, the ruck is gone and we revert to an 8 week season, with 3 byes and 12 minutes quarters and the minimum contract is 1 mil per season and players can exit their contract anytime they want.

**** the AFLPA and **** apathy.

EDIT - ok Essendon sounded alright but that sorta fits into "s**t club getting a rare win"
What did you think of Essendon's song in round 1 when your mob got rolled?

New copypasta?

Hyperbole Overload

• Banned
What did you think of Essendon's song in round 1 when your mob got rolled?

Didnt see it but im sure it was sung with gusto since the self-proclaimed premiership favourites got off to what seemed like a prophecy-fulfilling victory against a SANFL side.

Didnt see it but im sure it was sung with gusto since the self-proclaimed premiership favourites got off to what seemed like a prophecy-fulfilling victory against a SANFL side.

Oh are Adelaide leaving the AFL? I know you guys took it pretty hard losing the Grand Final but you should keep trying.

It's a pretty silly tradition really anyway. Fine at lower levels where people play for love, but a bit of an anachronism at the professional level.

So you whinge about lacklustre renditions but then you also don't like it when players get excited about winning?

It's a pretty silly tradition really anyway. Fine at lower levels where people play for love, but a bit of an anachronism at the professional level.

So you whinge about lacklustre renditions but then you also don't like it when players get excited about winning?

Im bantering about fans m8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole song thing is lame and ghey
When did the “tradition” of the winning team singing the club song after the game start? It’s a Channel 7 thing, and it’s garbage.

I recall when Geelong was winning week after week a few years back, some people criticised James Kelly for having the temerity to......laugh....yes laugh....during the club song. People said Kelly, and Geelong were making a mockery of the thing.....WTF

Well when you escape with the win against a shitty team on an away ground in a game where the entire team was average that day/night it’s not like you expect the team song to be sung with gusto especially when there is bigger fish to fry.

The people that are worried about this are the same idiots who cared about Adelaides stance for the anthem...it has literally no bearing on anything! You want to cary on like a tosser after a win? Be my guest, the AFL already has a reputation of thuggish violent supporters anyway from what I've seen in recent weeks.

I find the need to televise every winning team singing its song cringe-worthy and embarrassing. Even if 13th beats 16th in a meaningless late season game that is one of the worst standard of the year and both sides look like they would rather be somewhere else, they still have to show the winning team singing the bloody song. It makes me wish there were more draws.

The people that are worried about this are the same idiots who cared about Adelaides stance for the anthem...it has literally no bearing on anything! You want to cary on like a tosser after a win? Be my guest, the AFL already has a reputation of thuggish violent supporters anyway from what I've seen in recent weeks.

Singing the song to celebrate the club and the win /= fan violence. Just how?

If it's a close game it's still sung with gusto most of the times? If you win by 10 goals obviously it's going to be sung with some reservation because it isn't really 'in the moment' - you've had an hour or so often to know you were going to win and all energy has been sapped out of the game. But yeah close wins are still celebrated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back