Prediction Ladder Prediction 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

If you are keen I will explain process, give you company options if not familiar and you can choose any you wish, after making you enquiries naturally.

Regards,

Yu
There’s no need for the weird sign-off thing in every post. Seems like attention-seeking behaviour.

And I’d like to keep this thread on topic please. It’s for people to post their ladder predictions. Then at the end of the year we will see who was closer. That’s it.

:thumbsu:

There’s no need for the weird sign-off thing in every post. Seems like attention-seeking behaviour.

And I’d like to keep this thread on topic please. It’s for people to post their ladder predictions. Then at the end of the year we will see who was closer. That’s it.

:thumbsu:

My apologies. I did not mean. I have said my prediction so I will leave. Sorry it is my habit, I seek no attention. Sorry again.

Richmond
West Coast
Bulldogs
GWS
Collingwood
Brisbane
Port Adelaide
Geelong

Carlton
Hawthorn
Melbourne
Sydney
Adelaide
St Kilda
Gold Coast
Fremantle
North Melbourne
Essendon

The Oracle has spoken.

At this point in time it's difficult to imagine much more than 7-8 wins. Anywhere between 12th and 18th seems probable.

Richmond
West Coast
Collingwood
Western Bulldogs

GWS
Brisbane
Geelong
St Kilda

Hawthorn
Port
Melbourne
Carlton
Fremantle
North Melbourne
Sydney
Essendon
Adelaide
Gold Coast

Richmond
West Coast
Collingwood
Western Bulldogs

GWS
Brisbane
Geelong
St Kilda

Hawthorn
Port
Melbourne
Carlton
Fremantle
North Melbourne
Sydney
Essendon
Adelaide
Gold Coast

I'm starting to feel like that's the position we will end up. I am starting to worry about Nicks without the season starting yet. Walsh was a rookie coach but everything he done seemed to be exciting to us. Nicks just does not present himself like that. I have not seen anything in the 2 preseason games orU23's to excite me, more the opposite.

Some serious underrating of Essendon on here, they will be a top 8 contender, not a bottom 4 one.

Updating my ladder prediction after the pre-season matches. Risky proposition but I think it's worth a try

West Coast
Richmond
GWS
Western Bulldogs
Collingwood
Melbourne
Brisbane
Port Adelaide ⬆

Essendon ⬆
Hawthorn ⬇
Geelong ⬇
St Kilda ⬆
Fremantle
Adelaide
Carlton ⬇
Gold Coast ⬆
North Melbourne ⬇
Sydney ⬇

Last edited:
Updating my ladder prediction after the pre-season matches. Risky proposition but I think it's worth a try

West Coast
Richmond
GWS
Western Bulldogs
Collingwood
Melbourne
Brisbane
Port Adelaide ⬆

Essendon ⬆
Hawthorn ⬇
Geelong ⬇
St Kilda ⬆
Fremantle
Adelaide
Carlton ⬇
Gold Coast ⬆
North Melbourne ⬇
Sydney ⬇
Not bad but Geelong will make it by the sheer weight of the home ground advantage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not bad but Geelong will make it by the sheer weight of the home ground advantage

Maybe.

I looked at their fixture and their Kardinia games are against Gold Coast, St Kilda, Brisbane, North, West Coast, Melbourne, the Bulldogs, GWS and us.

About half of those games I would expect Geelong to win regardless of where the game was played. They'll probably snatch a few against those top teams like West Coast who have a horrible record there. I could see them winning 7 of their 9 Kardinia games.

But outside of Kardinia I could see them only winning 3-4 others. They have GWS away, West Coast away, Port away, Fremantle away, Brisbane away and several tough matchups against the top Victorian sides at the MCG

Collingwood
Richmond
GWS
West Coast

Bulldogs
Brisbane
Poort Pear
Geelong

Melbourne
Essendon
St Kilda
Hawthorn
Fremantle
Carlton

North Melbourne
Sydney
Adelaide
Gold Coast

Think Gold Coast will surprise some this year. Unlikely to be bottom. Think they will be around 12-15 mark.
Brisbane will be knocking on the top 4. If Nicnat can stay healthy WC could be top 2. Hate to see Collingwood top, but any of the top 5 I think could end up 1st.
Our chances of finishing in the bottom two are unlikely, but I can't see us making the 8.
Carlton are in all sorts and Cripps and Walsh can't do everything. Gov is looking like the 4th best forward we thought he was.
The bottom 10 is really a crapola shoot, could swap St Kida and Norf around for who knows what either will bring.
Anyway

Collingwood
Richmond
GWS
West Coast

Brisbane
Port
Melbourne
Bulldogs

Essendon
Geelong
Fremantle
Hawthorn
St Kilda
Gold Coast

Adelaide
Sydney
North Melbourne
Carlton

1. West Coast
  2. Richmond
  3. Geelong
  4. GWS
  5. Brisbane
  6. Melbourne
  7. Bulldogs
  8. Port Power
  9. Collingwood
  10. Essendon
  11. Hawthorn
  12. Sydney
  13. Carlton
  14. St Kilda
  15. Fremantle
  16. North Melbourne
  17. Adelaide
  18. Gold Coast

Predictions

Collingwood and Essendon to slip out of the 8, Melbourne and Port Power to take their spot.

Crows will drop to 17th and win no more than 6 games for the year

When predicting an AFL ladder - the only certainty is change.

2016 - Top 4 Hawthorn and the Premiers - both weren't in the 8 in 2017.

2017 - Adelaide Finished top and next year didn't make the 8. Collingwood finished 13th in 2017 and in 2018 finished 3rd.

2018 - Melbourne finished 5th and made a prelim before finishing 17th in 2019. Brisbane finished bottom 4 in 2018 and then finished top 2 in 2019.

Always 2-3 big moves up and 2-3 big moves down.

I really think out of all the teams in the 8 - Brisbane / Geelong / GWS are biggest risk.

Geelong - Hate their list profile. Half are over 28 and half are under 23. Can see them being like North Melbourne a few years ago. They are all in and due for a fall off a cliff.

Brisbane - Could get this one very wrong, but felt their 2019 season was one where everything went right. They are on everyones radar. Gonna be tough to replicate.

GWS - History is against em. Since 2000 - teams who got pumped in a grand final haven't done too well the next year - (Melbourne 2001,Collingwood 2004, Port 2008, West Coast 2016, Adelaide 2018). Only Sydney rebounded and made the top 4 - but were bundled out in straight sets.

GWS - History is against em. Since 2000 - teams who got pumped in a grand final haven't done too well the next year - (Melbourne 2001,Collingwood 2004, Port 2008, West Coast 2016, Adelaide 2018). Only Sydney rebounded and made the top 4 - but were bundled out in straight sets.
On this point, GWS's first month might look very winnable, but don't be surprised if they start the year in the loss column more often then not.

Geelong (I don't rate them as a long term contender, but round 1 against last years GF team. Just the kind of game they would rise for)
Melbourne (one of the more in-form teams in the preseason, and have the most to prove after a horror 2019)
Bulldogs (Should be in serious premiership contention and equal footing with every team)
Essendon (Play hard and fast footy, could lose by 50 or win by 50)

That plus missing their midfield bulls in Taranto and Ward for the first month will inevitably put added pressure on young kids Green and Hately to cover them.

It may be wishful thinking on my behalf, but 1-3 isn't out of the question for them.

When predicting an AFL ladder - the only certainty is change.

2016 - Top 4 Hawthorn and the Premiers - both weren't in the 8 in 2017.

2017 - Adelaide Finished top and next year didn't make the 8. Collingwood finished 13th in 2017 and in 2018 finished 3rd.

2018 - Melbourne finished 5th and made a prelim before finishing 17th in 2019. Brisbane finished bottom 4 in 2018 and then finished top 2 in 2019.

Always 2-3 big moves up and 2-3 big moves down.

I really think out of all the teams in the 8 - Brisbane / Geelong / GWS are biggest risk.

Geelong - Hate their list profile. Half are over 28 and half are under 23. Can see them being like North Melbourne a few years ago. They are all in and due for a fall off a cliff.

Brisbane - Could get this one very wrong, but felt their 2019 season was one where everything went right. They are on everyones radar. Gonna be tough to replicate.

Adelaide,Powa,GWS, Geelong were my surprises

Richmond
West Coast
Melbourne
Hawthorn
Bulldogs
Essendon
Collingwood
Adelaide

GWS
Brisbane
St Kilda
Gold Coast
Fremantle
Geelong
Port Adelaide
Carlton
North Melbourne
Sydney

When I saw your prediction I was wondering if you were thinking of 2022 rather than 2020

Richmond
West Coast
Melbourne
Hawthorn
Bulldogs
Essendon
Collingwood
Adelaide

GWS
Brisbane
St Kilda
Gold Coast
Fremantle
Geelong
Port Adelaide
Carlton
North Melbourne
Sydney
Wow, your rating of Mackay is starting to make sense now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back