Prediction Ladder Prediction: 2022 Home and Away Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Posted this on the main board but I think you'll appreciate my reasoning here.

I've decided to test myself by posting my ladder prediction alongside a randomly-generated ladder prediction. I can't wait to learn that I know less about football than a random number generator.

My predictionMy reasonRNG predictionRNG reason
1MelbourneStill scared after their Grand Final performanceCollingwoodGet Daicos for free, ride that wave all season long
2BrisbaneStrong home & away performers, need to keep that going in SeptemberCarltonTurns out Voss is a savant, Walsh is a Brownlow lock
3Port AdelaideGood blend of youth and experience, can they finally push past the PrelimRichmondHappy being the hunter rather than the hunted
4RichmondHappy being the hunter rather than the hunted (RNG stole my idea)EssendonCan't let the other big Vic clubs take all the attention
5SydneyGood year last year, continue to build on that and push for top fourGeelongEvery year people predict they'll miss finals, every year they prove the doubters wrong
6FremantleThe small nagging feeling in the back of my head that things will click for them this yearSt KildaThe RNG is more optimistic than I am, hasn't suffered like I have
7Western BulldogsWe've seen plenty of teams that suffered harsh Grand Final losses struggle the following seasonWestern BulldogsCopy-cat
8GeelongSomehow, someway, this team just refuses to diePort AdelaideTrying to get Hinkley sacked. Jokes on Port fans, Kochie takes over as President/Coach
9St KildaI'm a pessimist at heart and it's easier to prepare for disappointment than have hope only to see it shatteredMelbournePremiership hangover, Melbourne fans begin to wonder if it was all a collective fever dream
10EssendonMy best mate is a Bombers fan and if I'm suffering next season so is heWest CoastWin most of their home games, lose most of their away games, just happy they beat Freo
11CarltonSlow start as they adapt to Voss but build into the season before yet again winning the trade periodAdelaideSaw that I had them in 12th and decided to one-up me
12AdelaideSolid improvements from youth with the massive highs but disappointing inconsistencies that come with young sidesBrisbaneCan't go out in straight sets if you don't make the finals
13GWSThink Leon Cameron gets the sackFremantleMcGowan doesn't let Freo leave WA, apparently the same rule doesn't apply to West Coast
14Gold CoastClassic Gold Coast season: start the season 3-1, finish it 7-15. Ben King re-signs for ten years after kicking ten goals against the Saints because I'm broken insideSydneyBuddy kicks his 1,000th goal and the entire crowd rushes the ground, infecting every Swans player with Covid and ruining their season
15West CoastThink they'll struggle this season as they look to have a mini-rebuild and resetHawthornEven the RNG is sick of Hawthorn's success and wants them to struggle for a while
16CollingwoodThey get to use the good draft pick they get for this bottom four finishNorth MelbourneWould be lower but the RNG hates expansion sides
17HawthornStronger experienced players than North keep them from the spoonGold CoastRNG hates expansion sides
18North MelbourneWill look vastly better than a spoon side should, but I think they'll be looking at player development more than resultsGWSSee above

Melbourne
Bulldogs
Sydney
Port
Brisbane
St Kilda
Geelong
West Coast
GWS
Gold Coast
Fremantle
Essendon
Adelaide
Carlton
Hawthorn
Richmond
Collingwood
North

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Collingwood had a s**t 2021 but I heard a guy ring in SEN saying that he thought that they could bounce. He was pretty convincing. They still have a good talent pile and if they could feed some kids with energy through they could bounce back. They were savaged by injury, Howe, Moore, Crisp, Roughead, Maynard, Quaynor is an elite backline if they are all fit. Their mids are solid and have probably only need a serviceable season from Mihocek, DeGoey, Daicos and Krueger and they could go better than expected. Grundy had a shithouse season but he's an elite ruckman. Depends what they do though, lots of older players so maybe they try to play kids and bottom out.

In all seriousness:

1. Melbourne
2. Port Adelaide
3. Bulldogs
4. Geelong
5. Brisbane
6. Sydney
7. St Kilda
8. GWS

9. Richmond
10. Essendon
11. Fremantle
12. Hawthorn
13. Carlton
14. West Coast
15. Adelaide
16. North Melbourne
17. Gold Coast
18. Collingwood

Surely you wait until the fixture comes out for next year? that will make a massive impact on where we see ourselves and other teams

Well yeah of course that’ll be a big consideration, but we gotta kill the time in-between.

If the fixture throws out some curve balls I’ll redo my prediction. Saints will probably have to verse Melbourne 5 times or some s**t.

Well yeah of course that’ll be a big consideration, but we gotta kill the time in-between.

If the fixture throws out some curve balls I’ll redo my prediction. Saints will probably have to verse Melbourne 5 times or some sh*t.

Melbourne to get 18 home games, all against St Kilda, with StK allowed no bench and required to pick 4 traffic cones in their starting 22 🤣

Melbourne to get 18 home games, all against St Kilda, with StK allowed no bench and required to pick 4 traffic cones in their starting 22
The traffic cones has actually been a stipulation that has existed since 1998.

How else do you explain some of our players getting games?

Too hard for ladder predictions, but...

Contenders: Port Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Western Bulldogs
Fighting for finals: Richmond, Essendon, Geelong, St.Kilda, Fremantle, West Coast, GWS
Not up to it: Collingwood, Carlton, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Adelaide, Gold Coast

With the fixture coming out today I’m sure it’ll spice up a few predictions. Hopefully we cop a fair fixture, cause I can’t be arsed with the whole verse the top 5 teams twice s**t again.

I’m guessing we verse Collingwood, Tigers, Port, GWS, and Hawthorn twice but let’s see how we that ages…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted this on the main board but I think you'll appreciate my reasoning here.

I've decided to test myself by posting my ladder prediction alongside a randomly-generated ladder prediction. I can't wait to learn that I know less about football than a random number generator.

My predictionMy reasonRNG predictionRNG reason
1MelbourneStill scared after their Grand Final performanceCollingwoodGet Daicos for free, ride that wave all season long
2BrisbaneStrong home & away performers, need to keep that going in SeptemberCarltonTurns out Voss is a savant, Walsh is a Brownlow lock
3Port AdelaideGood blend of youth and experience, can they finally push past the PrelimRichmondHappy being the hunter rather than the hunted
4RichmondHappy being the hunter rather than the hunted (RNG stole my idea)EssendonCan't let the other big Vic clubs take all the attention
5SydneyGood year last year, continue to build on that and push for top fourGeelongEvery year people predict they'll miss finals, every year they prove the doubters wrong
6FremantleThe small nagging feeling in the back of my head that things will click for them this yearSt KildaThe RNG is more optimistic than I am, hasn't suffered like I have
7Western BulldogsWe've seen plenty of teams that suffered harsh Grand Final losses struggle the following seasonWestern BulldogsCopy-cat
8GeelongSomehow, someway, this team just refuses to diePort AdelaideTrying to get Hinkley sacked. Jokes on Port fans, Kochie takes over as President/Coach
9St KildaI'm a pessimist at heart and it's easier to prepare for disappointment than have hope only to see it shatteredMelbournePremiership hangover, Melbourne fans begin to wonder if it was all a collective fever dream
10EssendonMy best mate is a Bombers fan and if I'm suffering next season so is heWest CoastWin most of their home games, lose most of their away games, just happy they beat Freo
11CarltonSlow start as they adapt to Voss but build into the season before yet again winning the trade periodAdelaideSaw that I had them in 12th and decided to one-up me
12AdelaideSolid improvements from youth with the massive highs but disappointing inconsistencies that come with young sidesBrisbaneCan't go out in straight sets if you don't make the finals
13GWSThink Leon Cameron gets the sackFremantleMcGowan doesn't let Freo leave WA, apparently the same rule doesn't apply to West Coast
14Gold CoastClassic Gold Coast season: start the season 3-1, finish it 7-15. Ben King re-signs for ten years after kicking ten goals against the Saints because I'm broken insideSydneyBuddy kicks his 1,000th goal and the entire crowd rushes the ground, infecting every Swans player with Covid and ruining their season
15West CoastThink they'll struggle this season as they look to have a mini-rebuild and resetHawthornEven the RNG is sick of Hawthorn's success and wants them to struggle for a while
16CollingwoodThey get to use the good draft pick they get for this bottom four finishNorth MelbourneWould be lower but the RNG hates expansion sides
17HawthornStronger experienced players than North keep them from the spoonGold CoastRNG hates expansion sides
18North MelbourneWill look vastly better than a spoon side should, but I think they'll be looking at player development more than resultsGWSSee above
Great Post mate

Saints anywhere between 10th and 7th

Wishlist..

Saints
Geelong
Gold Coast
Brisbane Lions
Swans
GWS Giants
WC Eagles
Dockers

North Melb
Melbourne

11-18 :oops:

Last edited:
I actually did ok with my 2021 prediction, though I clearly overrated us. I'll probably do the same this year.

2022 AFL End of season ladder

Melbourne
Brisbane
Sydney
St Kilda
Essendon
Port Adelaide
Bulldogs
GWS

Geelong
Carlton
Fremantle
Richmond
Adelaide
West Coast
Hawthorn
North Melbourne
Collingwood
Gold Coast

Sydney or Brisbane beat Melbourne in the GF
Brownlow, C Oliver.
Dew first coach out, possibly Hinkley and Hardwick too. In my predo, Saints play prelim finals and Ratts survives.

I might sneak in a post trade & draft, post fixture update:

Melbourne
Brisbane
Bulldogs
Essendon
St Kilda
Port Adelaide
GWS
Sydney

Richmond
Geelong
Carlton
Fremantle
North Melbourne
Adelaide
West Coast
Collingwood
Hawthorn
Gold Coast

GF: Demons & Lions
Premier: Lions, due to Melbourne injuries during year and choking a la Bulldogs this year.

North has a nice list, definitely will do better this year. Sydney had a blip but I think they we'll get found out. Collingwood go Bulldogs will get a limited boost from Daicos & Darcy but I will otherwise abide by my original predo for both clubs. Our fixture has tempered my confidence, though not much. I still think we play finals and yes you can call it wishful thinking. I'm hoping Essendon's bubble bursts in their hard fixture, but they seem formidable and frankly I don't see who could end up above them.

Saints anywhere from 4th-10th

best case scenario we have a dream run with injuries and guys like Clark, Gresham, Coffield, Battle, Bytel, Byrnes, Sharman, Paton and Highmore all progress, with at least 3 taking a massive step up into A grade type players.

If that happens then I’d be banking on us finishing top 6. Our best 22 age/games profile suggests we should be there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back